- Last post
- 298 Responses
Please post your feature requests here.
+ A respond/broadcast button on the top of each thread
+ Add Notes: make the text selectable
+ Ability to block Pango
Make the thread list full width on smaller viewports to make it easier to hit the targets.
So, uh, yeah ... suggestions ...
• Background colour behind notes to set them apart from the post, and to introduce a bit of contrast in the design.
+ some text editing function: bold / italic / underline
• Permalinks again, pls (unless they're there, and I don't see them ... )
- Ability to categorize n somehow organize favorite posts.
- caching of images so if they disappear you dont have a blank missing image in a post. i think pinterest does this.
- oh an put that eye soar bold voting number thing somewhere else, so it doesn't dominate the post at least if you are not going to eliminate it.yurimon
- that many downvote for a suggestion, lol, you beat my record mangeorgesIII
- I think people just downvote yurimon's comments for no other reason than it's yurimon.monospaced
- LOL for some reason this one particular gets even more dvotespango
- I guess it's because he had to go on about downvotes in the side note too. This could have been his first upvoted post.ORAZAL
- hehe i agree that organizing the post list would be helpful. kind of like stickiesjuanluisgarcia
- I like this idea actually, like highlighting favorite posts or sum shitmoldero
- I'm downvoting this post btw, don't take it personal by any of us yuri, its just our twisted sense of humormoldero
- lol, no worries explains why society goin down hill. long live mediocrity.yurimon
- much love brother!moldero
- at this point, I downvoted yuri too, I'll never be able to beat himgeorgesIII
- when you see everyone kicking a guy on the floor, you just had to go kick him too. even though you don't know what's going on. lolpango
Good job on listening so far :)
Really think post count and last login should still be on profile pages.
Use full numbers on post count on the left instead of truncating to "k" over 1000 (22k instead of 22,392). The larger posts get lost among the posts with smaller counts.
Could threads I've posted in be green?
- Yea I'd like threads H4YZILLA has posted in to be green too pleaseset
- Not for everyone of course. Just for the specific user.HAYZ1LLLA
- Maybe they could add a color picker so everybody can choose what color they want the threads you've posted in to be.ORAZAL
- Maybe threads that H4YZILLA has posted in should be 60pt and red?set
- TinyMCE + Color Picker + EmoticonsORAZAL
- Darrggh quit picking on me, you know what I mean!HAYZ1LLLA
- Here's a list https://www.google.c…ORAZAL
- Maybe they should only be the threads visible on the leftset
- nice english there setset
- thanks mateset
- I meant "threads I've commented in be green." Sure there also used to be a site that told you how many comments have been made after your last one.HAYZ1LLLA
- click feed on the home page...dbloc
- I have the best avatar.ORAZAL
- I think it works pretty well now and adding grey background to only one part of the page would unbalance things visually.reanimate
- Nope. too clunky a solution.
Right tangent, wrong result.detritus
- agree with this chuff garglersset
- these, even.set
- UGLY. but yes, what you're saying is true.inteliboy
What about the ability to edit a post once you've posted it in case you made a mistakd
- It's a dream many QBNers have since a long time.benfal
- I would like that feature too.benfal
- Take responsibility for your mistakes. It's more fun you and the others.ORAZAL
- we'd never have had foutyset
- yeah it is more fun and im all for not having a "delete" button so that peoples outbursts that they may then regret are kept for posterity.microkorg
- But just a little delete button OR a 'preview' before posting as you post would be great and get rid of all the 'oops' posts ...microkorg
- ... when your video or url didn't paste properlymicrokorg
... it could have a few minute timer on it so after that you can't edit it. Means people cant delete/edit posts from the past.
If we're keeping the post-voting mechanic across the board, perhaps go the hacker News route and restrict negative downvoting either for a duration or on a ratio basis.
It's downright negative seeing posts getting downvoted for no apparent reason.
Although, I guess, quite interesting seeing correlations across threads and building up an idea of what sort of limp dick tragedy of a human being feels the need to downvote everything they see posted by people they've got an issue with.
- haha, you flaccid cretinsdetritus
- Yea it was better when it was just in the question threads. I agree it causes some negativity.set
- 'Crack is destroying the ghetto'ORAZAL
- I think at the least it should only be visible when viewing the thread by "votes". Should be hidden on "oldest" and "newest"set
- I don't like this voting thing on QBN.inteliboy
Rollover text states (bold, red, whatevs) for PV topic titles, Add note, Oldest/Newest/Votes, Upvote, Downvote, Flag, usernames and post dates.
- Yup, agreed.Continuity
- what's a rollover?timeless
- It's a desktop browser thing only where you hover the mouse cursor over type/object and the item is highlighted in some way.monospaced
- I think he's trollingset
- Either that or he's one thick cuntset
- just saying - I think the main reason for the redesign was for mobile/tablet use . . . no?timeless
- I suppose. I didn't think it was impossible to have rollovers for desktop and not for mobile, but I'm not a web guy.monospaced
- rollover on mobile? tap/press/hold yes. rollover nah.lvl_13
Ignore feature, please!
- Aka intellectual incest feature.yurimon
- I would agree if this site had more a direct chat feature or direct line of communication between individual, not relevant for a public community forum though.yurimon
- But If we had an ignore feature, yurimon would be all alone.moldero
Please remove the up/down votes for comments. its irrelevant functionality and its annoying seeing a bold -# next to every comment, QBN isn't Reddit. If necessary maybe add 'votes' as an option the OP can select if they want a discussion and suggestions.
when you expand the note comments why not have a minimize option?
notifications (replies to your posts)
- yes please!Krassy
- +1000 - would make quick stop-bys 1000 times easier. Can be as simple as a different color on the thread title on the left, as mentioned above.mantrakid
- If you've commented on a thread, and there are new comments on that thread since you commented, highlight the thread.mantrakid
- tho i guess then you have to track each thread for each user.. maybe thats a lot of overhead.mantrakid
- click "feed"imbecile