- Last post
- 292 Responses
make sort by oldest a global setting rather than a thread-specific one
A BROADCAST BUTTON ON THE TOP WOULD BE NICE! >:(
SOUNDCLOUD.. how can it be..
you know in the top right corner!!
JK hook it up again
SOUNDCLOUD...is the Future®
Sorry if its been mentioned, but:
1. Make it obvious if I'm logged in or not, don't hide behind a menu.
2. make login persistent, not sure why I'm logged out so often.
a "Set this thread as my default feed" feature.
I don't mind the fact that most of the threads here are off-topic but sometimes I'd rather the first thing i see is the 'show some recent work' thread or similar instead of.. well.. the usual.
- you can link to it, no?monospaced
- change your bookmark!scarabin
- good point. i don't use bookmarks for some reason, never have, so didn't think about that.SteveJobs
- The real Steve Jobs never used bookmarks either, he was on the verge of reinventing them for the masses, it was going to be life changing for everyone.fadein11
USER OF THE MONTH
We should count total upvote/downvote score for each user, but keep it hidden.
The member with the highest score at the end of each month gets to delete one user of their choice.
The deleted user can sign up again, under a new name. But they can't use their old username ever again.
The User Of The Month is displayed somewhere, but the deleted user is kept a secret. You only find out who got deleted because there's suddenly a yurimon2.
- Everyone's count would reset at the end of each month. This helps prevent one user from keeping it forever.nb
- I'm serious. I think it would encourage more great posting, less stupid nonsense.nb
- Don't even need to "delete" the account. Just force the user to change their name, and retire their old name forever.nb
- this would also increase everyone to post MORE and probably to downvote more so they have more points than others.sarahfailin
- you really have an inner drive to see your fascist dream a reality.yurimon
- dude 2nd of all i dont know how you personally rate on your posts but technically you dont qualify by your own standards, only by popularity of other prim8s.yurimon
- only yurimon could relate this to a fascist dream and one's inner drive to see it throughmonospaced
- @sarah: Good point. Maybe upvotes would count towards your score, but down votes would not count against?nb
- Although, we'd have to stop people from voting for themselves.nb
- COME ON GUYS let's do this so I can live my fascist dream!nb
- its has flaws because it still a popularity contest, there isnt enough emotional discipline in majority of this group to really has no value to count estheticsyurimon
- have a sense of*yurimon
- then at the beginning of every month we would play another game called "guess yurimons new username"moldero
- It's a popularity contest! A fascist popularity contest!nb
- After a year of this: yurimon12 has just logged inyuekit
- Are you a primate Yurimon?pango
- yuriman, yurimen, yurimin, yurimon, yurimunisleptwithsirenstonight
- Georges would be protected from public shame because he's already got XXVII different usernames.nb
- Yurimon... All votes are popularity contest.... Which ever idea or subject gets more vote is the popular one.pango
- The only none bias system is to flip a coin.pango
- inb4 vote stuffing from yuri. also remember yuri is also isleptwithsirenstoni...garbage
- I think it's time you got off my dick.isleptwithsirenstonight
- Are we doing this yet?!? COME ON.nb
- It's happening!!!!
The lords of QBN have vacated. We are once again on our own.
Keyboard shortcuts like the ones on Tumblr, Ffffound, Soundcloud, Facebook, etc.
J - scroll down to next post
K - scroll up to previous post
H - back to top
- I - It
W - Will
N - Never
H - Happenutopian
- L - LOLKrassy
- right arrow to next thread topic
left arrow to previousimbecile
- ^ yes, pleaseKrassy
- N - Nopeutopian
- H - Hopeutopian
- I ❤ P - POPEutopian
- C - shortcut to COTD thread. Haha!chukkaphob
- ✡ - Shortcut to Religion Threadutopian
- ♀ - Shortcut to Chick of the Dayutopian
- ⚣ - Gay Threadutopian
- I - It
you don't have to get rid of the downvotes but getting rid of the bold vote count right next to all posts is what is changing this site for the worse.
i've already commented on why in the other threads. reasons being trolls, lazy users who don't read only count votes, the reddit effect etc
- so tacky and also so irrelevant and uselessuuuuuu
- If you get rid of me you get rid of half the downvotes. A step of getting me band is a step in the right direction.O0O0O0
- that might work considering the number doesn't appear until someone votes up or down. everyone just stop voting. comments still drive the front page.uuuuuu
I want MORE upvoting/downvoting...it should show votes for posts in your Feed. Right now it doesn't show them I wanna know why
Voting does nothing for conversation or community. Just look at my above post, nobody has provided a valid counter arguement but four people have downvoted. Its because YOU ARE LAZY and voting is an enabler of lazy internet users.
- i dont advocate removing votes, it drives the front page, but i recomend removing the BOLD ASSvote count so people don't conciously think about ituuuuuu
- BOLD ASS SHIT. Seriously why bold? IT MUST BE IMPORTANT AND RELEVANTuuuuuu
- I thought the internet was inherently for lazy people in the first place.Continuity
- its because the lazy asses were voted into power. originally it was for argumentative workaholic nerds.uuuuuu
- in the old days the vote count would at least be puny barely readable size and a super light professional looking greyuuuuuu
- There were no vote counts in the old days. You cray craymonospaced
YouTube links that work. Thanks.
I know it'd be a pain in the ass to introduce, but if you *could*...
You only get to -1 for every +n.
- n being at least 2, obv.detritus
- Why not ask to simply get rid of them if they bother you so much. Somebody should make a plugin to hide upvotes & downvotes so some of you can stop stressing.O0O0O0
- Why not just post things that could get up votes?pango
- I've followed all of pango's tips and my downvotes have been reduced by half at least. True story.O0O0O0
- The best solution I've found is only posting on the side notes. Nobody can downvote you on the side notes.O0O0O0
- I would like to take the opportunity to thank pango for his patience and good advice.O0O0O0
- +n being times that you upvoted? or upvotes you received from others?sarahfailin
- ooh, good question!detritus