- Last post
- 125 Responses
We've decided to remove threads dedicated to NSFW posts. No one has the time or desire to moderate them.
Always thought QBN was like a little slice of the whole internet, good and bad. Only the most poisonous things should be removed. I didn’t think those threads were poisonous and they gave me a little smile every once in a while. Oh well.
what about Simon :-)
- the rest is useless crap and I'm for burning it from qbn.uan
- and simon (or others) could do the pixel thingy on boobs for posting in Show Some Recent Work thread, even if annoying.uan
- Better: Give him an Allowed to Post Nipples Badge.uan
- I was never a fan of the NSFW thread. COTD used to be ok, but quality of posts decreased, so it can go (personal opinion).SimonFFM
- Simons work is at least tasteful creative.monospaced
- Don't pixel nips. We're all adults here.omahadesigns
- it's not about adults omaha, it's about some gringos who like to oppress women to keep the power for themselves.uan
- omaha's snuff-y porn pics are why these pages are being shut down. gross weirdo.sarahfailin
- Why remove posts anyone can click on. Or not. Why? Just don't show updates on the home page. But killing all that history?riskunlogic
IIRC the idea behind those threads was to keep that stuff in one place, and out of sight... a bit like the politics thread. I don't know if removing those threads is going to be effective at removing that content from the site, or making moderation any easier. It might make it harder if it spreads it around...?
What about a community moderation feature? Maybe 10+ downvotes and the post is flagged or outright removed?
Remove handicapped parking, no more handicapped!
Can there be an option on each user's profile to show NSFW threads?
Remove NSFW threads and you will be moderating POTD instead
But...but, there's nowhere else on the innernetz to view boobs is there?
Think of it as a steam valve, and you are a steam moderator. The steam will eventually go somewhere. Right now you have it concentrated in one place.
You said this months ago about CotD and yet..?
Others here are right though - shit'll just spill elsewhere, because wankers gotta wanker.
There's no way to keep the threads but have them not bump or ever appear in the side list? I mean, that functionality IS somehow possible, intended or not.
- Without even changing the code they could create a user named FapBank and people could post on the profile page without it ever showing up on the menu.palimpsest
- Why can’t that elsewhere be a different website? I still don’t see why we have a porn thread here at all.monospaced
- Cat of the Day?nb
Keep the dedicated NSFW & NSFL threads please as it will just end up everywhere else. Plus we are all big boys and girls, if we want to see a man lose his arm on a bike, we know where to go. Most don't though, so can avoid it.
I love the COTD thread.
OK there's one twat who keeps posting weird pics of questionably aged girls, but we can scroll past them can we not?
NSFW thread can go, but please don't take away Chick / Butt / Boobs of the day
i am for the idea of being able to hide that type of content on demand. completely removing it is going to backfire, much like many people above have already mentioned it.
i've noticed a few roll backs on here recently so i imagine there's been more moderation going on than we've been aware of.
i never liked the idea of threads having their own userbase and being no-gos for other members - I have no issue with NSFW content but getting it out in the open for the whole community to moderate through upvotes downvotes seems worthwhile.
agree with some sort of -5 votes hides and flags the post functionality - would cut down on the endless discussions on free speech that dominated the sidenotes before COTD (and stop the inevitable sidenote discussions elevating a non NSFW flagged splayed fanny to the front page).
Turning it into reddit with up and downvotes is a miserable pursuit - the dopey gonks with sock puppet accounts will just fuck about even more.
Just add an option to toggle to hide it in the user profiles and have it hidden by default if you are not logged in.
QBN, I'm all for cleaning up old, irrelevant posts, broken links, personal attacks etc. Even removing posts from RIP users in the past. I do have the time and desire to do so because QBN has been good to me for almost 20 years. As long as QBN approves and get Aye on common round rules, I can start, whatever I can help with.
The idea that if you remove them then that content will inevitably spill elsewhere implies that people cannot help themselves from posting it, which is nonsense. If you are compelled to post pornography and literally can’t stop yourself, that’s a different issue. Just my take.
- yep - maybe a little more potential for non-NSFW flagged posts to make it to the front-page (that might be counterproductive if the aim is to reduce moderation)kingsteven
- you think there's only reasonable people in here?ESKEMA
- I just think they can post/find that stuff anywhere else if they wanted. Never understood the NEED to have it on QBN. Just my opinion.monospaced
- It's not just that they cannot help it. It's that they are not incentivized not to.cannonball1978
- ^ This. We have a handful of users that inexplicably stick around despite nobody liking them or their content. I think there will be spillover.garbage
- Childish contrarians are going to be contrarian.garbage
If this was real life politics, which side is liberal: pro-COTD or neo-puritans?