- Last post
- 93 Responses
Why did you vote for Brexit, you fucking idiots?
- I chortled.Continuity
- They got confused by bus adverts.garbage
- our benefits system is not reciprocated in other eu countries so we got an influx of people taking advantage of it. cheap foreign labour undercutting uk biz.trooperbill
- Cameron got cocky after success in the Scottish Indyref. Migrant influx from the middle east (islam is v unpopular amongst the non chattering classes).Phrenological
- Pressure on public services (health, housing). Wages driven down by freedom of moevment laws. Gypsy street beggars,Phrenological
- Mission creep from the EU. ... loads of reasons budPhrenological
- because they want independence.....
- another Doris account?face_melter
- Unsure whether this is Robo pretending to be Scottish, Kuz, or some entirely unconsidered entity.Nairn
- Yeah, if anybody verfies Phrenological we'll have a lead.garbage
- oh it's Robo, as was Doris and Shabby. Blatantly obvious surely?fadein11
- You got jealous of our massively stupid bigotry in the US?CyBrainX
what is your regional chip shop speciality?
- chips in a soft bread bun. Nether understood it myself. Chip butty the call it.shapesalad
- Does that have butter on it? Does that make it a “butty”?scarabin
- yup, slang for sandwich coming from the constant ingredients of bread and butter.Wolfboy
- we have chip butties here too, generally not buttered. there are a few things like saveloys that are unique to england and seem to become less common up northkingsteven
- or pea fritters (i've only seen them in the south). here you wouldn't get a half chicken or a pickled egg in a chippy and if you ask for a pastie you'll get akingsteven
- deep fried burger made of potato and pork. scotland has pizza crunch and various other glorious deep fried monstrosities. feel like im only scratching thekingsteven
- surface though. i've heard mince meat in a bap is a thing in certain parts of scotland. i dont think i've ever been in a chippy in wales but they must be up tokingsteven
- some mad shite. i need an infographic :Dkingsteven
- I'd say, as a rule of thumb, the further north you go, the more things they batter and stick in the fryer.Wolfboy
- that makes for an easy infographic https://i.imgur.com/…kingsteven
- chats. small new potatoes cut in half then deep friedtrooperbill
- A fad in the early 2000s of sticking chocolate bars in the deep fat fryer up here in Scotland. Best was Biscuit Boost!microkorg
Is arse pronounced like rrrrrssss or like ausss
Why do give the US shit about not using metric but still measure your weight in “stone”?
- And is it true you won’t measure your dicks in cm?scarabin
- human height in feet and inches too, weight, pints and miles. i think all other contexts its metric? right?kingsteven
- Scarabin's got a valid point.pango
- How heavy is a stone anyway? A big Stone or small stone?pango
- What about a rock? or a pebble? or a group of seagulls?helloeatbreathedrive
- I am 160lbs, please count me in stones.garbage
- Are Yank/UK lbs the same? Pints are different & I think stones might be. And that's before we get on to the height of a horse. Fuck all that imperial bullshit.Wolfboy
- is UK stone bigger or US stone bigger?pango
- i didn't think they used stone in the states. just lbs. and i think it's always just 14lbs (which are the same)kingsteven
- Yeah, I'm wrong on that. The lb is the same and there isn't a US stone. But dogs can look up. @Garbage You're 11st 6lbWolfboy
- I cant believe American pints are 20% smaller. Something that screws with Brits in N.Ireland our spirit measures are 35ml rather than your 25, no idea why.kingsteven
- American pint is the same as anywhere.monospaced
- apparently not - US is 473 ml UK is 568 mlkingsteven
- ^ that is true.pango
- sadly some restaurants here serves american pint and some serves regular pint.pango
- we kind of just adopt everything....
even when buying produce... some labels use lb and some use kg... T_Tpango
- ok but what is your weight in kidney stones?!%sted
- I'M 11st 6lb stones?! Metric please, otherwise I'm calling Jenny Craig.garbage
- 11 6 is mid 70s kg. Teeny tiny lightweight for a man.Phrenological
- ^ you mean pretty much bang on healthy BMI for someone 6' 4" :Dkingsteven
- In Ulster - 35ml is approx 1/4 Gill (the traditional unit of spirits). Scotland the traditional uni was 1/5 Gill, hence the size difference.Phrenological
- @Phren Nah, I'm actually just in really good shape.garbage
What’s the difference between a “ham” and a “shire”?
- The Queen, by law, can kill the inhabitants of a 'ham' whereas 'shire' residents are merely slaves.face_melter
- What’s the deal with Birminghamshire?scarabin
- You know the Thunderdome from Mad Max 3? It's like that but everyone sounds like Ozzy Osbourneface_melter
- *packs bags*scarabin
- I am a resident of Birminghamshire and can confirm that my neighbours are Black Sabbath, Napalm Death and Godflesh. We have interesting barbecues, especially...Morning_star
- ...when Ozzy and Robert Plant get on the acid.Morning_star
- I know that area Morning_star, isn't it this neighbourhood?: https://www.youtube.…Wolfboy
- Ha ha. Yes, that’s the house down the road that no one talks about.Morning_star
- This is the best thread.garbage
Is it true you put barbecue sauce on french toast?
- And you call it “eggy bread”???scarabin
- no and no :|kingsteven
- WOAH Kingsteven! I think you'll find the answer is no and yes. And Scarabin, you may be thinking the sauce is BBQ, but it is actually Brown Sauce or HP Sauce.Wolfboy
- HP Sauce
- What is the best thing to put HP sauce on?scarabin
- Food. It's that good I don't need to round it down. But if you insist, a bacon butty.Wolfboy
- Cool, coolscarabin
- I went to school right next to the main HP factory (no longer there). The smell at break times was sometimes unbearable.fadein11
- I can imagine it was a bit much; like when you drive into a brewery town.Wolfboy
- Hah, i have heard it called eggy bread as a colloquialism, but they would know what its actually called. right? People put HP on it? i have not lived.kingsteven
- The best thing to put HP on is the shelf.Nairn
- ^ pretty much. actual tamarind sauce is great though.kingsteven
- I keep meaning to give that a try. K, i'm buying a bottle from one of the SE Asian food shops I'm blessed with near home.
Thanks for the recommend!Nairn
- HAGGIS! Haggis is the best thing to have with 'brown (HP) sauce'.microkorg
How many maths are there?
Why are there only three seasons of Father Ted?
- because the s3 wrap party was quite the party :(kingsteven
- not UKfadein11
- Well, Black Books thenscarabin
- No kingsteven. Dermot Morgan was simply moved to a more remote island, and he's just resting there.garbage
- Father Ted is a British show tho. Linehan is currently working with top TERF scientists to reanimate the cast.kingsteven
- Whoa, i didn’t know he was anti-transscarabin
- ^ yeah, he's a fucking arsehole. Got thrown off Twitter for deadnaming someone if I remember correctly, amongst other things.face_melter
- Linehan is a shithead, but Father Ted still keeps me warm. It's one of the few times I divorce the art from the artist.garbage
- The day after recording the series' final episode, (Dermot Morgan) Father Ted suffered a heart attack at his home in south-west LondonGardener
- No Gardener. Dermot Morgan was moved to a more remote island, and he is simply resting there.garbage
- Oh damnscarabin
Can you do a pretty good american accent?
Why can’t i get through a single episode of Doctor Who?
- Each post gets funnier.monospaced
- The old or new Doctor Who ? the old is the shiti_was
- The new. Last i heard was some nonsense about flying space dragons laying magical eggs and now the doctor is a woman?scarabin
- What series of the old stuff should i start on?scarabin
- Fucking lolmaquito
- Oh I don't remember, was looong time ago, start with first episode? Yep and new looks so fucking dumb.i_was
- the new one? cuz its shittrooperbill
- The Tom Baker run is God-tier. Production is wobbly, but the writing is excellent. And Tom just revels in the character, a joy to watch.face_melter
- John Pertwee and Tom Baker era have some great episode arcsPhrenological
- Davidson, McCoy not so great. The newer 'woke' stuff is shite.Phrenological
- Noted, thanksscarabin
Did Wallace and Gromit really visit the moon or was it all just a bunch of CG trickery?
Blur or Oasis?
What’s the recipe for beans on toast?
- add worscester sauce and put melted cheese on top.trooperbill
- Mid-browned Toast.
Lurpak butter, lots.
Perhaps a dash of Yorkshire Relish.Nairn
- Oh, and Heinz beans only.Nairn
- Bread, ideally, should be two crust-ends from a thick cut 'plastic loaf' of bread.
Amount of butter should border upon the obscene.Nairn
How long until the UK breaks up?
How long until you kick Boris out?
- When the inbred old fuckers who run this shipwreck of a country decide he's outlived his usefulness the press barons will decide who they want next.Wolfboy
- My guess is 9 months to a year. The next PM will be Sunak or Gove.Wolfboy
- he's doing a great job! how dare you :)fadein11
- Sunak looks pretty good actuallygrafician
- on TV, but Sunak is a tiny person, shorter than Macron. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it's going to play against him within the party for sure.kingsteven
- Sunak and Macron sound Romulan or somethingscarabin
- I'd trust a Romulan more than I'd trust Sunak.Wolfboy
- Council Housed And Violent.Morning_star
- That's the Spice Girls, you twat.face_melter
- I wouldn’t say they were Chav’s. More like scutters. Your typical Chav is a little more embracing of counterfeit high end fashion labels, particularly Burberry.Morning_star
- that's a pretty diverse picture.oey_oey
- Is this a CHAV or a Scutter? https://hips.hearsta…scarabin
- These people ex pats from the USA.utopian
- Sportsdirect bag, lol, I think the one on the right is even more vilei_was
- This is reason why as a English gentleman my ex-girlfriends and now wife have all been foreign babes.shapesalad
- Kate Middleton is the only UK girl worth dating.shapesalad
- There's a certain type of person who states bluntly they'll never date their own. Typically implies any perceived failing lies with them.Nairn
- As for the photo, up North they're just..
- if the lighting wasn't so typically grey and depressing any of these individuals could be American.fadein11