- Last post
- 34 Responses
What are your favorite albums so far in 2017 ??
Top 4 for me:
Slowdive - Slowdive
On the Echoing Green - Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
Heroes of the Second Story Walkup - The Fun Years
No Home of the Mind - Bing & Ruth
- You must like Brian Eno?Bennn
- +1 Slowdive. A great return to great greatness.MrT
- Bennn - I do indeed, more so his ambient works.
MrT - Definitely. Will be finally seeing them live in Feb too, can't wait.Nathan_Adams
- Yeah the Slowdive is great. Plus Ride's new album too.JerseyRaindog
- +2 slowdivecannonball1978
- That Slowdive album is probably my favorite of the year.mg33
- Just got me Slowdive tix for January here in Sydney. Happy.MrT
Kelela - Take Me Apart
Four Tet - New Energy
Shigeto - The New Monday
Daniel Caesar - Freudian
METZ - Strange Peace
The Cool Kids - Special Edition Grandmaster Deluxe
Hammock - Mysterium
Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
Com Truise - Iteration
SZA - Ctrl
Bryson Tiller - True to Self
Mac DeMarco - This Old Dog
Kendrick Lamar - Damn
Real Estate - In Mind
Thundercat - Drunk
Sampha - Process
A rad year (thus far) for music.
- Might have to give SZA album of the year (thus far).ideaist
- I LOVE Hammock, but not completely sold on Mysterium. The choral stuff doesn't do it for me. (Felt the same way about Oblivion Hymns).Nathan_Adams
- Yeah; ambient music can have it's limits.
Maybe They Will Sign For Us Tomorrow is their finest; stripped down and perfect.
- every Com Truise song sounds the same to me.inteliboy
- @inteliboy I kind of agree BUT I like it.
Personal likes/dislikes I Guess...
- The METZ album is great. I'm iffy on Tycho. I like them but mostly as background music.CyBrainX
- +1 Kelelanotype
- F! thank you!notype
godspeed, hammock, brand new, zola jesus
Ty Segall - Ty Segall
Thee Oh Sees - Orc
Surfing Magazines - Surfing Magazines
Squarepusher Shobaleader One - Elektrac
Rhiannon Giddens - Freedom Highway
Queens of the Stone Age - Villains
Jerry Douglas Band - Together at Last
Kllo - Backwater
Jon Wayne - Rap Album Two (dunno about the album, but this track is great)