- Last post
- 28 Responses
wait, you've never been to nyc? damn son!
listen to all of the above ^
my only add (which was stated before but whatever), take the time to just walk around. fuck a train/taxi/uber. take your time and venture through the city on foot. like SF, NYC is pretty manageable to walk through in a day (take notes and research when you get back to your hotel or wherever you are staying-and then spend the rest of your days going back to places that interest you). do the same if you want to see the best shit in brooklyn.
here is one man's take on walking:http://www.huffingtonpos...
although still a bit touristy ^ it offers up a logistical path through NYC.
- hmm-link seems to be broken. try this one http://www.huffingto…lvl_13
- yes, walk most places if you can ... it'll be either freezing cold or brisk in early 2018.monospaced
- For walking, go downtown, The Village, Lower East Side, Soho, TriBeCa. Avoid midtown.CyBrainX
- def imagine i'll be on foot a lot. i did italy that wayscarabin
- that link is awesome. thanks, lvl!scarabin
- oh man, as a NYer, that link is pretty spot on with good advice ... I do recommend trying some Halal cart food if there are people :)monospaced
play pool in a dive bar -
be nice to everyone -
go to a party that you'll get invited to.
okay, i'm convinced.
thanks for the suggestions!
As a few folk have said, just walk around.
My wife and I went for part of our honeymoon. Some days we had an itinerary we planned to stick to but never got round to half of the shit we wanted to see and do because there's so much else to see and do - so many distractions as you wander.
see Sleep No More!
The only reason to go to NYC is this:
There are 8 MILLION people there who can suck your cock.
I know this, because they can all suck mine.
There are a ton of great places to go there, from something as small as The Pickle Guys near Alphabet City to the NYPL to Columbus Circle...it's all worth a look. The food can't be beaten: if you like steak, check out Staghorn or Homestead or Benjamin, and if you prefer something else you aren't short on choices. Hallo Berlin in Hell's Kitchen, Magnolia Bakery in Greenwich are must-do's. Little Italy's a block long, so pass on that. Burp Castle in East Village is a must after 2100, Midtown Comics M-F (but not Sa-Sun), grab key lime pie in Brooklyn, dinner at Green Fields in Corona (Queens), walk from Pier 11 to the Intrepid and fuck everything north of 61st and you will fit right in, regardless of skin hue.
Take the train everywhere; cab not.