- Last post
- 235 Responses
Amazing start 10/10. Please do not go off course.
- Can someone watch this if they haven't seen the other seasons?grafician
- I'd say yeah, they did a nice short prologue, maybe the best prologue, a beautiful prologue.helloeatbreathedrive
- Watch the first season for sure, get the notes on the 2nd season and you should be good.BabySnakes
Great start to new season
My son, who’s 17 and ‘doesn’t watch TV’. Burst into the living room whilst I was watching the first episode and exclaimed “what the fuck, this is fucking Death Grips” and proceeded to watch the rest of the episode in awe.
High praise indeed.
ya'll not watching?
just got S3E3 in and feel rewarded
that is all
this season feels nonsensical and some of the heavy exposition writing is just lazy. neat visuals but kinda feels like a high budget 90s music video mood/content wise
- i did think for a moment during ep2 that it was feeling weird, but maybe that's cuz the the "fake" westworld setting/plot like intentionalBrokenHD
- feeling a lot more hopeful after ep3. also those mech jawns are gonna be bonkersBrokenHD
- I completely agree. Did the writing team change between seasons?MondoMorphic
i love that the things in the civilized world look sterile, everything is gray and dull. except the scenes with Serac the environment is more and more vibrant and colorful closer we get to westworld.
- agree. also digging the future LA in general. Love when productions stay even loosely true to geography.BrokenHD
- I torrent these and LX version shows an extra few minutes of production behind the scenes and locations at the end, really detailed stuff, loving the S3 so far.helloeatbreathedrive
Watched episode 4 last night and it's shit's getting proper mental already. Deloris is next level bad ass. This series seems so much more cohesive with a seriously interesting premise.
- I feel the complete opposite. Show is going to shit as far as story goes. Way too many directions and all over the place.fyoucher1
- There's WAY too much Delores. They're trying to replace Anthony Hopkins with far inferior actors, not mention much inferior writing this seasonMondoMorphic
the shift in plot this season from focusing on the fantastical to the "realistic" makes me think HBO is digging that succession money and shifting focus from game of thrones like imagined worlds to hyper rich and successful people doing whatever the fuck they want
because really this show got incredibly dumb incredibly fast
- meanwhile all superficial aesthetics and luxury consumer concepts are all heavily featured instead of the nuance of how people treat those who they see as lesscolin_s
- it's like they want dolores to represent a revolutionary, but she's actually a terminator... and in this world her ideas aren't wrong, humans are trashcolin_s
- Wasn't it based on the uber rich from the beginning? The people going to westworld to "vacation". Then mining their data.capn_ron
- sure, but that's just the plot. the story brought into question ideas of morality, virtue, empathy. right now, there's nobody to care about.colin_s
- er the foundation for the plot. like, who gives a shit if these characters all die? they're all scum, or robots, or both, with bad or worse ambitions.colin_s
- I hear ya. I will say i am rooting for Delores only because the path she is on is to bring down the establishment. Even if she is a robot she has that goal tocapn_ron
- overcome the programers that are ruling everything.capn_ron
- not ruling, controlling is a better word.capn_ron
- The show was always a bit pretentious. I tried to make it through one episode of the new season. Just tedious melodrama.yuekit
Last night, the episode was completely WILD! Between that drug trip and the altered reality scenes I couldn't tell if someone had slipped me something in my drink! While it looked to be directed and produced by completely different people than the normal show, i was pleasantly surprised. Almost had the same feel as the show Euphoria in the visuals.
- I’d like to get a small taste of ‘the Genre’
Would make for a fun night.Ramanisky2
- I had hard time to understand first what is going on with that overdone b-class car chase, then then it occurred to me that he is tripping and i'm not :)sted
- One of the highlights of all three seasons - gonna watch this againSlashPeckham
- I’d like to get a small taste of ‘the Genre’
What was Adam Schiff doing in that episode?
I didnt like how last episode was.
We already saw what Caleb was going through in his mind so that wasn't his view reflecting.
It was like scenes were edited without any continuity in mind.
Not the usual director I suppose.
- I loved it. Experiencing the events through the proxy of drugged up Caleb was genuinely fun. Laughed out loud several times.DRIFTMONKEY
- It really did feel like it was directed by someone else. They gave a good drug feel in the whole episode.capn_ron
- Pinkman vibestank02