- Last post
- 235 Responses
SPOILER ALERT FOR ENTIRE THREAD
If you are not caught up then get caught up, or you are responsible for your own shit getting spoiled once your eyeballs move past this sentence.
First episode was intense. Lets have a thread for this show. Plot lines, theories, memes, etc.
Is the man in black a robot too? What's up with the milk and the flies? How far will the reveries go? Discuss.
Paging admins to NSFW this entire thread please
Really liked the first episode. Looking forward to the rest!
I liked it as well.
The man in black (ed harris), I think he's just a guest. Which is why he can't be harmed by any of the hosts.
Milk? no clue yet.
Flies? Maybe so they could say, "She wouldn't hurt a fly. To which she would then smack the shit out of a fly. I dunno.
I totally forgot about the 70's movie Westworld. In the first episode they mentioned the last time there was a "problem" was 30 years ago - wonder if they were referring to the events from the movie?
But I really like the subtle editing to make the glitches and facial expressions. Read an article yesterday (which I can't find for some reason) that talked about the acting and editing and mentioned the movie which I had forgotten about, but immediately remembered the cover artwork from when I was a kid at the video store.
- Yeah the older robot that Ford talks to at the end is awesomecannonball1978
- Er not at the end... in the lab I meancannonball1978
- The man in black was a robot in the movie.
But James Marsden couldn't shoot him, so I don't know.freedom
- 30 years ago was obviously a reference to the movie.freedom
- i'll point out that the 70's were 40 years ago, not 30 ;_; we're all aging incredibly rapidly.sarahfailin
- 1973 is the year it came out.sarahfailin
If HBO had more than 1 show worth watching I would still have my HBO Go app subscription, but Im not renewing it just to watch 1 show.
- Wait 2 more weeks to have 3 episodes out and then with a new email you can sign up for a trial, lol.Maaku
- or just download it off the interwebs?cruddlebub
- they've got Deadpool now too.sarahfailin
- viceprincipals, the wire, eastbound, got, man I could go on forever.Miguex
I think the flies give up who's a robot and who's not?
I think edharris will be some sort of detective investigating westworld?
Citizen droids can't drink alcohol so they set to milk?
What's in the deeper level?
Loved it too. I found myself thinking of things that could happen in the show going forward. That means it got under my skin. My friends were saying, oh it's just Jurassic park with robots! But it can be so much more of a mind fuck than that.
The performances of the robots were really really powerful.
Swatting that fly. Dammnnn!!!
I think Ed Harris is a spy from a rival company or the government. If a theme park can have that technology in this future world there must be others competing with its tech etc. I dunno. I don't care, just take me on a journey man!
I also have this feeling that men of means would actually forgo all that cowboy shit and just be banging women all the time. Sex park style. LOL .
Harris is probably a radical hating all artificial intelligence and progress. That is why he loves shooting the hosts.
- He is one though. Are you thinking Bladerunner style?HAYZ1LLLA
- I must admit though I missed the first 10mins of the show. haha.HAYZ1LLLA
- he wasn't able to be shot at the beginning, as in he was a guest, not a host. but i was thinking he was a bot too.cruddlebub
- I'm thinking he's more of a metal robot. Not like the others.HAYZ1LLLA
i liked black holed sun by soundgarden being played on the pianola!
very clever, very intense, very well acted also.
i hope it stays on this course, i like the bad guy who's scalping the droids?? is he a droid?
i loved the film from '73.
- *black hole suncruddlebub
- Also 'Paint It Black'HAYZ1LLLA
- yeah? missed that one. i'll watch it again before next week anyways.cruddlebub
- Yeah, I believe I heard another music in a different scene where they use another song tooMaaku
- When the guys roll up near the end and shoot absolutely everyone but his speech gets cut short. During all that.HAYZ1LLLA
- ahhhh ok.cruddlebub
- ohhh yeah i was singing along to it! durrrcruddlebub
- I caught Paint it Black but spaced on Black Hole Sun.CyBrainX
GOOD. Liked it. Hopkins and Harris on Fleek. Thier styling / wardrobe is awesome.
I really think the sex tourism element is what makes this interesting, current etc. It makes it darker and really truthful to the human experience – like people would TOTALLY go in there to just bang a load of birds.
So is it like a scenario that repeats itself each day and then new guests come in and have other experiences? So the robots react to the new people coming in? The used robot dungeon is well cool, reminds me of an AI type movie
- I think ideally 'scenarios' last for a week or so for the duration of a guests stay. But I suppose if a guest wanted to just go round killing random people theHAYZ1LLLA
- scenarios have to adapt.HAYZ1LLLA
- On Fleek indeed...BK
- What is this Fleek you speak of?CyBrainX
- well cool... i've not heard that in a few years...cruddlebub
I love it. Let's hope they can keep it interesting.
So far so good. I can't wait to see where this goes. Oh, and I didn't realize there was a movie from the 70's that this based on. Need to go check that out!
- the original movie was great!!! I remember my dad showing me it as a kid - totally freaked me out! Its on Sky Cinema at the mo :]vivid
- ah cool. thanks!lvl_13
- Yul Brynner was in it. There was a sequel called Future World too.CyBrainX
- there is an easter egg of yul in the westworld series, and yeah, the film is really good.cruddlebub
I love the idea that even though the robots are designed to be adaptive that they still are forced to adhere to a "script" as a tacit sort of oppression mechanism.
I'm wondering if Ford will eventually reveal that he has robots on the board of his own company and controlling shit outside of the park. That would be an interesting flip flop.
Fun fact the director/creator of the show is Christopher Nolan's brother.
I bet teh man in black is some guy from the government sent from some agency that regulates theme parks.
We did some work on this, glad its getting some feedback.
Think we did some work on this, glad its getting some feedback.
It's been a while since I was obsessed with a show from the first episode. I am already hooked. Damn.
did anyone else get that Cabin in the Woods feel??