- Last post
- 235 Responses
- incredible. He's amazing.shellie
- that part when he talks about Arnold is truly amazing, showing all aspects of the character.sted
- This is a great examination of the performancecannonball1978
- ~ 7:00 - "they were smart to keep the camera on him" I thought of they way they filmed Archie Bunker. Bizarre comparison but if you remember, it makes sense.CyBrainX
what do you guys think the longevity of a show like this is? 2-3 seasons?
- It's 6 seasons, maybe 8robthelad
- ^ Seriously? How do you know?Ianbolton
- Of course nobody "knows." Sofakingback asked what people *thought*MondoMorphic
- Hopefully they run this out as long as possible. I'm hoping for 4+ seasons.monospaced
- feels like there isn't much story to keep it going too long. Its building up to a big reveal and the robots are becoming aware, and fast. we'll see.sofakingback
- 5. http://www.theverge.…hotroddy
- Hopefully the story goes far beyond the originalyuekit
My son, who’s 17 and ‘doesn’t watch TV’. Burst into the living room whilst I was watching the first episode and exclaimed “what the fuck, this is fucking Death Grips” and proceeded to watch the rest of the episode in awe.
High praise indeed.
I'm kind of falling off the wagon in terms of interest. The timeline thing isn't necessary beyond hiding plot twists. The lines given to the characters does very little to show development beyond "did the chick character level up her badass meter".
What this creates is a sense of floating disjointedness in a sea of overly erudite dialogue. I hate to say it, but I kind of feel that this is becoming *too* character driven. The speculative elements and what they say about humanity contrasted to it's creation are getting a little overshadowed.
The motivations and goals for characters are too vague to be relatable. The first series was the "map" (which is still unexplained). This series it seems the vague goal is the "valley beyond" which is a "weapon". Not only is this meaningless to me the viewer as a specific thing, it is meaningless to me as a symbol. So what that creates is a whole lot of characters realizing shit that falls flat for me. The only sparks that seem to fly are when characters interact with each other and prove each other wrong or right or show each other something. Beyond that, I'm finding it hard to care.
The spectacle is withheld too. Indians. Samurai. Robot buffalo on a rampage. None of this has happened. The visual feasting is teased and then bait-and switched for screenwriting wankery.
- It's only a freakin tv show. Well said man ditto.helloeatbreathedrive
- S08 TWD?Gardener
- Yea. I'm kind of struggling with this show. It kind of makes me feel stupid. Something isn't right.Hayzilla
- The timelines aren't helping and the cryptic, mumbled, 'profound' dialogue makes it hard to follow.Hayzilla
- None of the characters are likeable/relatable apart from maybe William.Hayzilla
- The over arching questioning of how a theme park could even possibly run gets me. I know it's TV but I find myself constantly not believing the feasibility.Hayzilla
- Things started to make sense after the 3-4 episode in season 1... :) watch the episodes again, it will work :)sted
- I've watched them. They make sense. They are just meaningless.cannonball1978
- i was in it for Hopkins only, the rest is just filler.helloeatbreathedrive
Blu-ray is uh compared to that shit what we all watched on HBO.
Sound is crystal clear (gives meaning to dts) dialogs can be heard perfectly, the picture is sharp and the colors are perfect, there is almost zero noise in the dark scenes. it's much more enjoyable than before.
- cool story bro?lvl_13
- lol i was pissed off that the streaming versions are so sht :Dsted
- ...well yeah... it's a web stream.ETM
- I really wish content providers would use extra bandwidth to pass on better audio. It's sad how compressed it is.monospaced
- First world problems. The audio on my show isn't the best.bainbridge
- It's awful. Compared to the source it's really suffering. It's a legit problem if you have half a decent sound setupmonospaced
I reckon that ford is still alive, that was a robot ford, hes set this narrative up as a means to scare off the unwanted attention.
the samurais are a cool idea and thats interesting.
meave is great, one of my favorites.
cant wait for the second series
- Meave reminds me of Agent Smith. Totally see Mr. Ford was AI.teh
- He must be Ford's robot. Otherwise why was he building all that shit. He's getting ready for total war against humans.Beeswax
- i thought that other bot being built at the house where bernard killed his lady friend was initially her, now it can only be him... cant it??cruddlebub
- Great point bubsarahfailin
- Maybe Arnold is out there too.CyBrainX
^ my thoughts on that–
the only place big enough to contain such a massive place would be space, and i don't think it would be very interesting if that chick and her horde escapes westworld only to find themselves contained in a station or ship. i see the threat being them mixing with the rest of normal society.
which makes me think westworld's sky is actual sky, and the mountains are actual mountains. there's enough land in the southwest to contain it, for sure.
however, why are the animals fake? why the fake birds and snakes? wouldn't real birds and wildlife be mixed in with the robotic ones?
UNLESS they did it all underground, which seems like more trouble than it's worth. digging miles of cavern and lighting it all? that's just crazy (but then so is space)
- Truman ShowRamanisky2
- may be an island? i think droid animals because they can. they mention the cost of creating hosts as being more effective than before, so why not build embrandelec
- If you want animals to play roles in narratives, they need to be fake. Would real vultures circle a dead host, for example?ETM
- Or what about crossing paths with a snake that is sure not to bite? I am sure there are very mundane elements to many narratives.ETM
- yeah that's truescarabin
- island would work i guess but they'd have to redo all of the terrain to be desert instead of tropical or whateverscarabin
- another massive pain in the assscarabin
- But it could still be an island. "Delos Incorporated". Delos is an actual Greek island and in mythology was the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis.ETM
- Twins, Apollo is often associated with the sun, Artemis with the moon, in an almost Yinyang relationship, often working together.ETM
- Ethical issues with killing animals too, maybe. Certainly horses...set
- if it is just regular terrain, it would be a pain in the ass making sure nobody flew a plane or drone into the areamonospaced
- robotic animals makes sense to keep the place safer and on-script, but also makes it a hassle to remove any real creatures ... crazy shitmonospaced
Does shooting a robot ever mess up its circuits?
- and do you get billed extra after a damage threshhold?BabySnakes
- It's not actual bullets, as we've seen. It's like some sort of collision detection with whatever guns do shoot, so I assume it's a designed mechanism.ETM
- ^ yeah, it doesn't pierce human skin, but it seems to do some serious damage to robot skin.freedom
- Squibs implanted in the bot skin, triggered by the otherwise harmless bullet.i_monk
- I read 'clitoris' instead of circuits like 3 times o.osarahfailin
- but that guy got hit and it hurt - so i imagine they are like high-tech paint balls?inteliboy
HD torrent here: https://yts.ag/movie/westworld-1…
- The man in black is a robot with the latest firmware update that's a bit buggy.ok_not_ok
- loved this filmmugwart
- Sleeper classic for sure. Saw it for the first time last year. Jurassic Park Meets The Terminator. You can tell where James Cameron got his inspiration.toemaas
i liked black holed sun by soundgarden being played on the pianola!
very clever, very intense, very well acted also.
i hope it stays on this course, i like the bad guy who's scalping the droids?? is he a droid?
i loved the film from '73.
- *black hole suncruddlebub
- Also 'Paint It Black'HAYZ1LLLA
- yeah? missed that one. i'll watch it again before next week anyways.cruddlebub
- Yeah, I believe I heard another music in a different scene where they use another song tooMaaku
- When the guys roll up near the end and shoot absolutely everyone but his speech gets cut short. During all that.HAYZ1LLLA
- ahhhh ok.cruddlebub
- ohhh yeah i was singing along to it! durrrcruddlebub
- I caught Paint it Black but spaced on Black Hole Sun.CyBrainX
I don't see where S2 is going. I liked Dr. Ford and the two Williams in S1 but I find it hard to care about Ed Harris and whatever he is still looking for.
I don't know what Evan Rachel Wood and all the other robots are trying to do. It's taking too long and I'm still not convinced they are thinking for themselves.
They teased us with Samurai World but now there is a tiger jungle park too?
All this land and robotics and there appears to be 10 guests total. Even if they are trying to find immortality in a sense, I don't see how this park remotely works on a financial level.
- "I don't see how this park remotely works on a financial level."
I think you should let that part slide, dude.DRIFTMONKEY
- But it's a theme park?freedom
- Ghost Nation has been rescuing guests from the start, that's why we've only seen a dozen or so humans this season.i_monk
- that 2x4 episode got me going in weird places, well done.helloeatbreathedrive
- Does it ever mention what year this takes place obviously there are multiple timelines but anyone have any guesses??Ramanisky2
- I thought present day was in the 2040'sbulletfactory
- "I don't see how this park remotely works on a financial level."
Between this and silicon valley I like Sundays again.