- Last post
- 36 Responses
I recently got a bit of money - close to 6 figures.
I have taken care of debts, own my home etc.
What are some things that would be a) fun b) smart to do with my money?
Maybe I should just say, how would you blow 10k? :P
Talk to this guy!
- At some point he'll have to decide for just one of the twoPixter
- that's how you do live tv! hahaha!Krassy
- @terry_cloth that was perfect timing and use of that GIF! hahah!Krassy
- thanks pal, i tryterry_cloth
- sidenote, this guy is my boy fran, grew up with the kid, haven't seen him in yearsterry_cloth
Put it all on black.
Then come back and ask me how to blow 20k. I don't think in such small denominations of money.
If I had 10k? I would go to one of those cool tech/digital conferences. Maybe a bootcamp? And get some accessories/toys/stuff for your work space.
hold a QBN lottery
Personally, I would get new furniture. Really nice stuff. A good sofa would cover half that at least, and then maybe a couple of other pieces. Y'know, timeless pieces built to last.
Invest it. Retire early.
- lol, not right now!monospaced
- I will do wise things with the remaining, im more after a bit of spoling/fun/adventur... bs on 10k. anything besides cars.rabbit
- i will buy some ethereum tho...ETH. I bought it at 78c now its 1.10 but i sold it :( that shit is gonna power the internetsrabbit
- ...maybe some silver too.rabbit
- considering what a shit-show things are right now, maybe it is a good time to invest?monNom
- retirement = exponential agingdrgs
Give 10,000 people one dollar.
Or 40,000 people one quarter.
Buy me a ticket to the tropics!
Buy me a Leica M Typ 240 with a few Leica M prime lenses.
The stock market is going to crash again this year.
Hold-on to your cash and then buy an investment property when the housing marketing implodes again and the real estate is cheap.
- < yep that's exactly what the 1% do every time and make a killing...fadein11
- wise wordsterry_cloth
- Not really, many lost it all in the last downturn. Most recessions aren't like that and the "next one buy" is what everyone is saying.formed
- You could say the same about the stock market, problem is you miss the upswing bet everything on marketing timing, which is like playing the lottery.formed
Save money for kids' college.
Blow it when they get a scholarship.
Spend $3,000 on a dream vacation, invest the rest in Google or Tesla stock or Government bonds.
- I actually looked into Tesla, apparently it is quite a bad investment given their economies of scale..? M2Crabbit
- Nice idea on the dream vacation.. My problem is i cant choose a fucking place. I have never had money, and this is a weird feeling.rabbit
- $3,000 gets a pretty pathetic vacation these days.monospaced
- ^ per person I guess.bainbridge
If you're in Australia, go to Europe or New York or just find a resort on an island, there's many good places.
If you have a few weeks, go see many countries in Europe and take trains.
I'd go and do a huge Silk Road / Trans Siberian Express trip.
If you like cars, buy an old Alfa Romeo, take care of it but have fun with it. It's the most fun investment. (Also works with old BMWs and lot more...)
large-scale art project