- Last post
- 31 Responses
Awesome! I knew they had a secret GUI trick up their sleeve for making animated / interactive Google Doodles!
Flash is dead. Long live Flash
this seems very ad oriented at the moment. Would love to see something that would also focus on layouts, not just animations.
but great to see stuff like this finally appearing. It amazes me how in a time of internet like this, the tools to create web content are still stupid and non existent.
I'd prefer to see Google invest in the sort of browser/editor the WWW was originally supposed to run on, where (within reason and bounds, of course) every consumer can also be an editor and a content creator.
As you say, ESKEMA, it's crazy that 20-odd years down the line, there's more of a divide between creation and consumption than there ever was.
I was hoping something like this was what the above link would be, but I'll take a nifty HTML5 animation tool anyway...
- No there isn't - there are 100s of tools for non-techs to build sites.fadein11
- tumblr, wordpress, squarespace... hundreds of them.fadein11
- i see third party sites and services in your list - that is not the way the fundamentals of the WWW were sposed to bedetritus
- it's a philosophical point, granted - but there's no easy ownership of the services you've suggested.detritus
- (well, wp can be self-hosted, but it's an uber fucker from a non-techie's perspective)detritus
- Those examples are extremely templated and not easily cusomized.CyBrainX
- What do you expect? its a technical game - even desktop publishing requires a pro to do well.fadein11
- Content, not design.
½ the world couldn't give a fuck about design.detritus
Is this another prospect for the Google Graveyard?
Internet company/browser developer develops web content authoring tool.
Hello, Netscape Composer.
web design was dead 6 years ago. I'm going to be a barber. I'm not kidding.
- anyone need a cut?sureshot
- what haircut framework are you using?spot13
- don't forget your crop tool!
- lol lol lolsureshot
- will the haircut be responsive depending on the conditions?slinky
- I'm almost bold. Can you use content aware?goldieboy
- I also do brazilian wax on dudes.sureshot
- "sureshot manscaping services"meffid
there is another tool like this called adobe edge, and its the same premisse, a visual code animator. but what i've heard from the codes I know is that it generates an ugly code that you can't implement in your existing code, as well as a library of comands and such.
Apparently this google software works better on that side, giving you a better code, we don't know yet what libraries it use. I'll keep you guys posted on our findings.
the code is not that clean
check the source
- thats only because it has loaded the scripts into the page - you can hide all of that if it bothers you.fadein11
- but good luck making changes in codezaq
- that's a lot of bullshit to draw a boxJulesvm
- view the source on a swf file, same shit - it's compiledspot13
I met one of the guys that created this. He said his team is all flash ex flash guys. That would explain the familiar interface.
So far it looks awesome.
its all fun and game until they pull the plug
Awesome. Everyone will be able to try and fail. Things like that are great at teaching the clients they need to hire the pros.
I'm all for alternatives to photoshop. This doesn't look like the magic bullet - but at least people are trying.
Calling it "Web Designer" is a bit stupid, it's clearly just a tool for creating banner adverts.
Why do you think DoubleClick specifically said they did not support Adobe Edge.
Bad day to be the Edge team, their product has basically been rendered worthless. It's only real role was to fill the banner shaped hole Flash left behind but no ad networks supported it.