- Last post
- 103 Responses
This vid is blowing up everywhere else.. why not here.
Reddit, 4chan people are out to kill these kids. Can't say I don't get pissed either..
- Names of the kids are posted all over the net...Naygon
- Paypal donations are setup for the lady in this video...Naygon
- We live in a small world now. 4Chan has the Dad's facebook account.Naygon
- why does she need donations?drgs
- Got a reddit link Naygon? I like watching absolute train wreck threads like this...BuddhaHat
I admire her patience
Very sad - but the reason these kids do that? They don't get hit or hurt back.
Kids need boundaries, they need lessons that teach them where right and wrong lie — if they never encounter that, they never pull back from going too far.
Frankly, she should've given as good as she got. She's older than them and, presumably, much better atpulling apart their weaknesses, so she shoud've done that.
Failing that, a slap wouldn't've gone amiss.
It's her 'patience' that gives kids the impression that it's ok to do shit like that.
- Frankly, it'd've been a coup if I'd ever made a grown up cry when I was a kid.detritus
- It's the same style of harassment that people use commenting on youtube videos, anonymously.cotton
- bingo! you are right, it's the same shit you get from youtube and all that non-sense insultsk_temp
Just makes me pissed off - it's the culture in this country now for middle class adults to constantly bemoan the state of youth... whilst at the same time divorcing their collective self from any responsibility for policing it.
- You're blaming the woman being ganged up on - for not doing in an instant what parents should have done for years?Peter
- I'm not blaming anyone specifically, Peter - I do know that kids cam be utter shits away from parents though,detritus
- Children aren't stupid. Theyt'r enot one dimensional. They're not by default compliant, good or decentdetritus
- - for sure, parents have the biggest role, but we all have a role.detritus
- It takes a community to raise a child.... and our society is getting worse and worse at it.Amicus
In her patience she obviously sees the bigger picture, you can't blame a few children for the state of society, they're just reflecting our own weaknesses back at us.
- In her patience, she does sweet FA to do anything about it. Sorry, the bigger picture here is adults being too scared of children.detritus
- Can you blame her? What do you think she'd do that wouldn't incite them to do more?Gucci
- She's an adult - they're children.
I don't see the problem here.detritus
- I don't see how the torment wouldn't stop. I remember kids in my neighbourhood doing things just like this.Gucci
- She's an adult. Soon 70 years young.
btw, my high school teacher got stabbed to death on lunchbreak.Peter
- Maybe I just have huge fucking balls (I don't), but I tell kids off all the time.detritus
- So you're not a 70+ year old lady?Peter
- As a schoolkid, i'd be more fearful of a 70 year old 'monitor' than some random 35 year old schlub.detritus
- But hey, carry on playing the lawyer card, spinning nothing into something.detritus
wow/// she IS so fat ;/
I stopped 4 late-teen urban kids from breaking a sapling tree last week - I was walking down the street when I saw them go at it. I instinctively shouted 'OY!' at them before realising that I was outnumbered and out weighted.
I stood my ground, didn't get hysterical, didn't swear or talk down to them or condescend them - I just asked them to consider what they were doing. Just got them to use their own brains, which kids do have despite general outward appearances, and I could see the glimmer of recognition.
The bigger of the kids looked down at the floor, said sorry and I said that's alright, thanks.
I'll not lie, there was as second or two where I wondered wtf I'd just gotten myself into - but by the end of it, I remembered "They're just kids".
I remember what I was like at that age - a total dick, but pretty much scared of adults... well, the vertebrate ones at least.
I teach middle school aged children, which is the age group of this little batch of cowards, every day - the consummate rule is that you have to remember who is the adult in the room. Sure there are days you look at them and wonder who the f*ck is raising them to be the way they are, but like the story from detritus: you stand your ground and appeal to the humanity inside of them. Never works right away, but slowly and surely it does make a difference.
I used to live in SF, and I saw some "urban" youths giving some poor old guy some shit, very similar to the video above. The man decided to speak up for himself, and I bet he wished he didn't as the teens proceeded to push him through the back doors, onto the ground, stomp on his back and run away. He was probably 75 years old.
- all he did was try to appeal to their humanity...monospaced
- yeah some parts of SF were fucked including where i lived, in ingleside off of brotherhoodmoldero
- carjacked well motorcycle jacked, robbed by groups of guys at gun point 3 or 4 times, all at 16moldero
- that's friken horrible.sea_sea
- School bus? And you didn't step in, right?doktornomore
- Public bus. It happened so fast I didn't even notice until he was out of the bus, and learned more from other passengersmonospaced
What's worse, the kids teasing or someone posting the video for the world to see?
- Did you watch it all? If not do spend the 10 mins watching the full video.Naygon
- I couldn't make it past 2 mins the first time... but watch it all. Then say that.Naygon
- When a 14 year old say "they're gonna cum in your mouth" you tell me pal.Naygon
- I meant worse for the old lady...as it is it turned out alright for her with the outpouring of donationsqoob
- But there's something kind of brutal about exposing someone's humiliating personal experience to the world like that...whether well intentioned or notqoob
- that...whether well intentioned or notqoob
Thats what happens when you live in a bubble and think nothing can touch you. Pussies, all of them, including the ones who watched and didnt do a thing. One day these kids will do this to the wrong cat and theyll learn the old hard knox way.
PFFT If that were me? Hell no! If I were there I'd have beat the shit out of them.