- Last post
- 130 Responses
i have a pair of dark indigo i've worn for about 8 months now without washing. now i want to wash them to show the wear. any tricks to this? or just dump them in the washer and let it rip?
Hand wash them gently in the tub and hang dry. Maybe.
never ever wash raw denim ever. once you wash the raw denim it will lose all its properties of being "RAW"
20 minutes in a steamy bathroom held on a hanger inside out. and hang dry.. thats it.
- for wear and tear let it sit in the steam longer. then wear it and repeat.. steam again..e-pill
- you will see wear and tear much faster. but if you want to do it yourself.. get this book..e-pill
- found on the Denim Design Lab website.. http://www.denimdesi…e-pill
- you can customize a pair of denim for your body..e-pill
you have worn a pair of jeans for 8 months without washing them? Do they not smell like ball sweat and farts yet?
- you can't smell your own scent :)ifeltdave
- I can smell your taint from here.monospaced
- I've been eating lots of curry lately, I smell like I want to eat me. Seriously though, 8 months? Put them in the freezer for 2 days, kills all the bacteriamoldero
- For 2 days, kills all the bacteria.moldero
Nothing like the aroma of leg sweat mixed with the sound of dry shuffling.
Won't jeans that are never washed stink?
Favorite (only) pair I wear is my Nudies Dry Slim JIms.
first off, that's gross. but won't dry-cleaning solve this problem?
Can't you dry clean them?
Buy a new pair, but get the worn model.
This whole concept of not washing jeans for months, if ever, is completely new to me... you lot must be stinky cunts
apparently this thread is lost and way over the heads of everyone other than e-pill. thanks dude.
i heard cold washing them inside-out helps and hang-drying them. but i don't know, this kinda jean fad is beyond me.
never invested in raw denim for this reason. i need to wash and tumble dry my jeans so they fit proper. after a week of wear they get all sloppy and need some shrink. don't your raw skinnies turn into baggies after a month of no wash and dry?
- nope. thats why they are still "raw"e-pill
- so the shape of raw doesn't give any with wear?inkpink
- I always thought the dryer destroys the fabric making it harder to hold it shape, ie baggier.voiceof
- oh that makes sense and is probably why all my jean last no more than a yearinkpink
- It's supposed to stretch with your body as you wear it, and then if you put it in the washing machine it will shrinkJaline
what kind of denim do you people wear? you should never machine wash denim regardless of whether it's raw or not unless you want them to fade.
8 months, you say? Interesting.
and for the record - epill you're not alone - i am aware of the no-wash denim.
"8 months now without washing"
"you should never machine wash denim regardless of whether it's raw or not unless you want them to fade"
this thread smells like wet dog.
I just buy 501s and wear them until they're fashionable. And then buy new ones again.
You can get rid of the smell in jeans by sticking them in the freezer for a few hours, hanging, then repeating a couple of times.