Vimeo + Squarespace
- Last post
- 14 Responses
Is using Vimeo for a cinematographer's movies a good idea?
I'm thinking about doing this and then embedding the videos into his site which will likely be done using something like Squarespace.com
Any comments, suggestions, advice?
its a great idea!
get him to buy a pro account so the vimeo logo doesn't show up and he can stream HD videos
What Meeklo said, with the Pro account you can set it to just show the play button etc.
one thing I don't like about just using vimeo for a reel is not having a direct file download available, unless you do both
- Original file storage and downloading. http://www.vimeo.com…Ruffian
ah nice ruffian, pro account is pretty swish though the other thing I was wondering about is really HOW customizable the player is. It says full control but is it really?
- color options and end screen imageMeeklo
- can you take the title at the top left off?eieio
- Yes, that and change the color of the buttons.Ruffian
- with the free account that is. pro has more options.Ruffian
- the title/icon think can be removed on the free account as well, under "customize"Meeklo
a matter of zeros and ones i believe, but keep in mind most people don't even realize you can change the blue to whatever you want
I've seen vimeo videos with just the play button cetered. Very nice and clean. No examples at this moment though.
- this happens when the video is presented very small, with paid and free accounts, I dont think you control this thoughMeeklo
- The one I saw recently was at least 500px wide. Can't find it and not 100% sure.Ruffian
- cool then, I've never seen it, it does look nicer, but no playhead to scrub right?Meeklo
vimeo also has widgets than can be customized, like this one:
Made a small test video to show how I've seen it done:
- nice, I wish there was a scrub on it but it does look nicer, I've never seen it big like thatMeeklo
- edit the embed code yourself manversion3
See the Vimeo embeded here for an example of a stripped player with only the 'embed' button showing. Vimeo+ is worth it in my mind.
No, this is not a pro solution.
In the past i was responsible for hiring a number of camera guys (for multi cam shoots) and if i saw the clips on youtube or vimeo i already had a bad taste in mu mouth.
- mu mouth, like my mouth but with better analog bass soundsversion3
- so what do you prefer? imo a lot of pros use vimeoephix
I'm a DP so when i hire my camera guys i don't care about "the reel" but rather clips from projects so i can see how they handle a project as a whole. I want to see the imbeded clips in the website and lots of images from the project.
- you started shooting 2 years ago and your already a DP huh?GuyFawkes
Just finished this site http://www.triggervisionmedia.co…
It's attached to a vimeo plus account, which is attached to a http://www.panacms.com account. He can update every aspect of the site including his videos.
This site is for a kid that is 17 and pursuing a career in motion. He's still working on all his content and loading to the site.