Vimeo + Squarespace
- Last post
- 14 Responses
Just finished this site http://www.triggervisionmedia.co…
It's attached to a vimeo plus account, which is attached to a http://www.panacms.com account. He can update every aspect of the site including his videos.
This site is for a kid that is 17 and pursuing a career in motion. He's still working on all his content and loading to the site.
I'm a DP so when i hire my camera guys i don't care about "the reel" but rather clips from projects so i can see how they handle a project as a whole. I want to see the imbeded clips in the website and lots of images from the project.
- you started shooting 2 years ago and your already a DP huh?GuyFawkes
No, this is not a pro solution.
In the past i was responsible for hiring a number of camera guys (for multi cam shoots) and if i saw the clips on youtube or vimeo i already had a bad taste in mu mouth.
- mu mouth, like my mouth but with better analog bass soundsversion3
- so what do you prefer? imo a lot of pros use vimeoephix
See the Vimeo embeded here for an example of a stripped player with only the 'embed' button showing. Vimeo+ is worth it in my mind.
Made a small test video to show how I've seen it done:
- nice, I wish there was a scrub on it but it does look nicer, I've never seen it big like thatMeeklo
- edit the embed code yourself manversion3
vimeo also has widgets than can be customized, like this one:
I've seen vimeo videos with just the play button cetered. Very nice and clean. No examples at this moment though.
- this happens when the video is presented very small, with paid and free accounts, I dont think you control this thoughMeeklo
- The one I saw recently was at least 500px wide. Can't find it and not 100% sure.Ruffian
- cool then, I've never seen it, it does look nicer, but no playhead to scrub right?Meeklo
a matter of zeros and ones i believe, but keep in mind most people don't even realize you can change the blue to whatever you want
ah nice ruffian, pro account is pretty swish though the other thing I was wondering about is really HOW customizable the player is. It says full control but is it really?
- color options and end screen imageMeeklo
- can you take the title at the top left off?eieio
- Yes, that and change the color of the buttons.Ruffian
- with the free account that is. pro has more options.Ruffian
- the title/icon think can be removed on the free account as well, under "customize"Meeklo
one thing I don't like about just using vimeo for a reel is not having a direct file download available, unless you do both
- Original file storage and downloading. http://www.vimeo.com…Ruffian
What Meeklo said, with the Pro account you can set it to just show the play button etc.
its a great idea!
get him to buy a pro account so the vimeo logo doesn't show up and he can stream HD videos
Is using Vimeo for a cinematographer's movies a good idea?
I'm thinking about doing this and then embedding the videos into his site which will likely be done using something like Squarespace.com
Any comments, suggestions, advice?