- Last post
- 14 Responses
its a great idea!
get him to buy a pro account so the vimeo logo doesn't show up and he can stream HD videos
What Meeklo said, with the Pro account you can set it to just show the play button etc.
one thing I don't like about just using vimeo for a reel is not having a direct file download available, unless you do both
ah nice ruffian, pro account is pretty swish though the other thing I was wondering about is really HOW customizable the player is. It says full control but is it really?
- color options and end screen imageMeeklo
- can you take the title at the top left off?eieio
- Yes, that and change the color of the buttons.Ruffian
- with the free account that is. pro has more options.Ruffian
- the title/icon think can be removed on the free account as well, under "customize"Meeklo
a matter of zeros and ones i believe, but keep in mind most people don't even realize you can change the blue to whatever you want
I've seen vimeo videos with just the play button cetered. Very nice and clean. No examples at this moment though.
- this happens when the video is presented very small, with paid and free accounts, I dont think you control this thoughMeeklo
- The one I saw recently was at least 500px wide. Can't find it and not 100% sure.Ruffian
- cool then, I've never seen it, it does look nicer, but no playhead to scrub right?Meeklo
No, this is not a pro solution.
In the past i was responsible for hiring a number of camera guys (for multi cam shoots) and if i saw the clips on youtube or vimeo i already had a bad taste in mu mouth.
I'm a DP so when i hire my camera guys i don't care about "the reel" but rather clips from projects so i can see how they handle a project as a whole. I want to see the imbeded clips in the website and lots of images from the project.
dunno about that --- have hired DP's with shitty online websites and embeds -- it's the work that speaks, not how one has managed to get their stuff on the internet.
Just finished this site http://www.triggervisionmedia.co…
It's attached to a vimeo plus account, which is attached to a http://www.panacms.com account. He can update every aspect of the site including his videos.
This site is for a kid that is 17 and pursuing a career in motion. He's still working on all his content and loading to the site.