- Last post
- 90 Responses
Ive got a macbook pro, 13 months old, the 'a' key on the keyboard doesnt work anymore, disc drive wont take discs anymore, scroll wheel on the mouse doesnt work.
Money well spent. Getting ready to order a Dell XPS. I miss PCs, never thought I would say that.
stop treating your equipment like shit.
yeah, let see how long the Dell last.
Ive got a $500 HP laptop that's 8 years old and still rockin. Cant get much over a year out of this $2000 apple. Shit products. Im off the bandwagon.
let me guess, you don't have apple care?
aww boo hoo waaa waaa
hey my porsche broke down, i am going back to my old saturn rocket instead. lol. that makes alot of sense.
- If you need something to work everyday, then ya, get something reliable not pretty.formed
- That +1 is to Formed. And I wouldn't equate Dell with Saturn (nor Apple with Porsche for that matter).afabrega
- i wouldiCanHazQBN
- Theyre right Akrok... Apple is more Ferrari if compared to Dellakoni
It's all your fault!! ;-) I had a PowerBook for 7 years never had a problem (and now my brother in law uses it), bought a G5 in 2004 and still works wonderfully, my other macs are just as good. Learn how to use/treat them and they will last forever.
BTW. I still have a PowerBook 5300c that still works. OS 8, baby!!
I've had a powerbook for 5 years and it still hums along. Did you get applecare? You would spend less money getting it fixed (none) than getting a pc.
Some solutions to your problems:
1. Problem: 'A' key is stuck
1. Solution: You're using your left hand for COTD. I have the same problem. Using the right will avoid this problem. Wash your hands and stay at least a couple feet back from the keyboard. Sometimes it dries up and shit gets stuck.
2. Problem: Disc Drive won't accept discs anymore.
2. Solution: Take current disc out. Then try putting another one in.
3. Problem: Scroll wheel mouse doesn't work anymore.
3. Solution: See solution 1.
Real designers use Macs!
"the A key dont work anymore", haha, well that's overpriced shit.
my 2005 powerbook is still up and running.
*knocks on wood
i think in a lot of cases, it is about who people handle their gear.
Why do we care?
^ he's right, its about people's care
"Getting ready to order a Dell XPS" <- bahhahaha!
it looks like Mac wasn't for you
I've made warranty claims after the warranty period and they have fixed it, worth a try... (these things all broke just after the 12 month warranty ended?)
stop fapping on the keyboard?
sorry to hear about your problems.
can i suggest some canned air to blow your keyboard and drive out to fix the stuck key and disc drive problem and then find a better mouse. this solution would be cheaper than buying a new computer and this way you still get to still work in OSX but can still have windows running on it. I wouldn't go out and buy a PC just for the reasons you mentioned. try what some of us are suggesting before doing anything drastic.