- Last post
- 70 Responses
Just finished watching The Wrestler. And I've seen Aronofsky's previous 3 films. He has got to be one of the best filmmakers alive.
I'd like to watch more quality movies like Aronofsky's. Any other directors and/or writers I should be following?
clearly you haven't seen requiem for a dream, one of the most awful films ever made.
- Agreed. I fucking hated it while everyone else seemed to love it.5timuli
- *awaits "no-brained, uneducated heathen" slurs*5timuli
- but π was fantasticjaylarson
- Was ok.5timuli
- yeah i couldn't stand requiem either, it made me feel like i was on a bad acid trip or something. no thank you. but i agree with jay, pi was cool. even though there we're people walking out of the movie theater for this one too. lolsea_sea
- jay, pi was cool. even though there we're people walking out of the movie theater for this one too. lolsea_sea
- Pi and RFAD were pure shite.Jnr_Madison
- I liked Requiem.juhls
- I hated PiRand
If you like British stuff:
I think pound for pound it's hard to argue against Terrence Mallick.
Terry Gilliam has an amazing track record as well.
I've never seen a Kurosawa film. I know I need to.
Which is his best known so I can start there.
Paul Thomas Anderson,
I could go but this lot all rock my boat (in no particular order).
And the first person who includes Tarantino in this list is an idiot.
John Carpenter is the best, why>? because dude is a triple threat: he directs, writes and lays down his own sick synth soundtracks.
the above formula doesn't seem to work for robert rodriguez however...
Quentin Tarantino. there I said it. who wants to fight...
He's definitely on the decline and is annoying as hell but I can watch Pulp fiction/ reservoir dogs over and over
Orson Welles or Stanley Kubrick
Savage Steve Holland.
And ol' Clint.
What about Eric Jordan from 2 Advanced?
Corbijn really surprised me with Control.
The best IMHO are the Coen Brothers, Coppola, Lynch, Kubrick and Katsuhiro Otomo. At least, I hope Scott improves on his work of latter years. Especially his Brave New World rendition ought to be good.
^^^ Katsuhiro Otomo ++++1