- Last post
- 65,245 Responses
life of an image in 2017:
sauce -> irc -> reddit/4chan -> tumblr -> twitter/facebook
- yeah, it's sad to see how much bilge in the relevant threads here is just churn from fucking imgur.detritus
- What's weird are the sorts of people who seem to make a career out of recycling it - I don't get that, is it like some sort of competition with themselves?detritus
- don't blame imgur it's an image hosting service not a social media platform. i also use it to re-post images what you can't find elsewhere.sted
- and for example reddit/flickr cache changes the image urls after some time so you're fucked if you post something from there.sted
- I bdon't blame the websites - I go through imgur every day myself, as I assume many people do - just don't want to see teh same content here, for the +1sdetritus
- how does irc fit into this chain? i thought that was for chatting back in the dayscarabin
- 'Slack-a-likes'? Dunno, but if the amount of code on gitub for reaction gifs et al is anything to go by, it's a significant vector.detritus
- irc is still alive and well and it's not about just text :)sted
- man i havent used irc since mp3-punk on some server i cant even rememberdeathboy
- I think IRC may become resurgent again.
There's certainly place for a fundamental- level messaging system, outiwth all the proprietary shitdetritus
Just before Trump wins the US elections (was funny then, anybody thought he was going to win), i bought a "Make America Great Again" cap (received it the same day he wins) for carnival... And for to post a pic on Qbn mugs...
Now, it's not funny
designated cook tonight. chicken in the fridge but cant think of how i should cook it...
- While chicken? Cut up. Boneless skinless breasts? Take it out so at least you have it room temp when you want to cook it.monospaced
- is it dead and bare?sted
- cover that shit in spices and flour and fry it in oil.detritus
- if it's not marinated for at least 8 hrs it's going to be shit.HijoDMaite
- transformer blew near work. at hoem now. whole chicken breasts, sauces bbq, tikka masala, korma, only mexican rice, asparagus zuchinni onion, mushroom,deathboy
- quinoa (pew) spinach, peppers, tortillas, cheese, noodles and spaghetti sauces, protein powders... maybe bbq chicken quesadillas?deathboy
- wait i found asparagus sauces stuff and a lemon herb chicken marinade maybe get that going. our pee is going to smell funny tomorrow.deathboy
Have you ever competed with a computer for graphic design compositions?
I feel like the russian dude playing the computer at chess.
Have you ever competed with a computer for the best graphic design compositions?
I feel like the russian dude playing the computer at chess.
I bought myself a flamboyant leopard-print rug. It ties the room together nicely.
- Salad NiçoiseGnash
- Tuna, caper, and lemon pasta
- with a dirty fork out of a coffee mugscarabin
- with tomatoes and anchovies
- or what scar said, that sounds niceGnash
- Those are kinda niche. I think I've seen them on pizza in Italy too.monospaced
- Salad, sandwiches, pasta, straight out of the jar. Healthy but not too much because heavy metal or something.MrT
- What's a jar of that run? Why not just fry up a tuna filet?section_014
- scarabin: I buy these and eat it exactly like that. Plastic fork, btw. LOL. Sometimes I use crackers.
- also, these are super good.sofakingback
i think this food is more generational than anything. packaging fish in oil and cans was probably done out of convenience for shipping all over the world. now we have fresh everything anytime.
These are packed full of nutrients. Proteins and essential fatty acids (good fat) nothing but omega 3 and omega 6 EFA's.
I once saw an interview of some migrants from Mexico that described their experience crossing the Arizona desert to come to the U.S. They talked about being out in the sun and the elements for days and days finding shelter and water. He packed his backpack full of cans of sardines in oil and gatorade powder. that is all they ate. As soon as they stopped to rest when they absolutely could not go anymore they would eat a can and drink a gatorade mix. He said that combination would give them the strength to keep walking for hours. An instant jolt of energy!
Anyway those jars of tuna are just another hipster rebranding of old timey products like these. I prefer my tuna in a can, in water never oil, but that's just the way I grew up eating it.
On another disgusting note my mother in-law is German and she eats this jarred fish below, it looked so disgusting to me that I actually refused to even try it and I usually try everything at least once. lol
- I love these packages :)
and that rusli is just raw herring in onion juice, ppl in eastern europe eat that with vodka :)sted
- but fish has always been canned and put in jars for practical reasons. i.e. it doesn't stink and make you shit through both ends.fadein11
- UK still has shelves full of canned fish. Good stuff, very good for you.fadein11
- hipster trend wouldn't work over here as it's everywhere anyway.fadein11
- Beautiful packaging/ I will give the it a go again I think... My folks and I used to eat these as well (with sliced tomato) back in the day. need the omegas.bklyndroobeki
- Agree with you about the hipster packaging.bklyndroobeki
- I love these packages :)
^ you should all try sill if you can
Marinaded/pickled raw herring, in a jar with various flavourings - mustard, shalot, tomato (my favourite, actually). eaten with boiled new potatoes and hardbread for the occasional bone. Simple to make and tastes great, like a lot of Swedish food - made with basic, plentiful, ingredients.
- wow! maybe i will give them a try, but fuck man I don't think my tastebuds were built for this. I'm Mexican!HijoDMaite
- oh they are lol :D we ate these with some mustard and spicy pepper.sted
- herring is good. never tried the flavoured onesGnash
- It's definitely an acquired taste but it's delicious.martinadolfsson
- Dancing Queensureshot
- I was given it to try one of the first times I came here and was like WTF, but it's genuinely great. Man, now I really want some. I'll have it at the weekend :Dface_melter
- Had pickled herring in Copenhagen last year, part of a smorresbrød. It was... interesting.i_monk
- No thank youutopian
- Don't forget: fresh potatoes, eggs in half, sourcream and dill.Peter
- And chives. Is that the word?
- ^ yup, chives. looks goodGnash
- I had this in Bremen a couple years ago, tasty!maquito
- wow. I am literally so tired I read the bottom middle one as "Abba TOTALSHIT" even after a couple glanceskona
- Shit like this is why I'm terrified of the idea of going on holiday to Norway, Sweden or Iceland. I'd starve.detritus
- detritus, I agree. every tim i see food from Scandinavian countries i'm grossed out. cold fish and this? https://i.kinja-img.…HijoDMaite
- Yes. There's definitely only one kind of food of food in those, and other countries.Peter
- When your partner only goes to fucking fish restaurants there is.detritus
- All they serve in Norway is bubblin' crude in a viking longboat and they kill you if you don't finish it all. Even at the 7/11.face_melter
- I think I see the problem nowPeter
Trying hard to click "Fail of the Day" and not the one above or below cause I'm at work.
I'd work for Marissa Mayer. ;)
I think Apple needs me to be the next Steve Jobs.
- how do you look in a turtle neck?kona
- i can pull it offsince1979
- i think apple needs to make elon musk the ceopockets
- forget elon. vote since1979since1979
- What Apple needs is more Chinese children slaves to pump more of their cheap fucking garbage out to the sheople.utopian
- they have plenty of those already...they need idearsssince1979
I like what Microsoft's doing right now. They have no room for me ;)
instead of dick pics, we should be sending girls STL files so they can 3D print them
LOL my wife has a tramp stamp with a Pisces sign and she isn't even a Pisces anymore! HAHAA
- Lol someone's sleeping on the couch tonight.pango
- lol pangopockets
- she changed her sign?Bennn
- you noticed just now?sted
- Is that why you married her? tramp stamp?2002
- oh man this is bad a post laughing at my wife on the front page :( Sorry baby.HijoDMaite
- it stays! ahahah :Dsted
- @benn. no the sign changed human.pango
- the signs didnt changeHayoth
- dates for some signs changed i think, eh? so if you were previously on the cusp you may be something different nowmicrokorg
- nothing changed just some idiots made you think that when nasa released an article about how the dates should look if they had something to do with astronomysted
the kids are alright. the next generations coming up will do some of the smartest things yet
so ive met a girl i actually kinda dig..first time in 10 years.
- She's nine?detritus
- sorry, very shit joke.detritus
- bout timespl33nidoru
- it happenssince1979
- took me years to find someone who both could tolerate me and I her for an extended period. would've been nice if'd been earlier, but i'm glad it happened at alldetritus
- which is to say, Good Luck to You :)
- seal the deal and send her a 3d model of ur johnsonscarabin
- lol @ scarafadein11