- Last post
- 65,495 Responses
is anybody here watching big little lies on HBO? It's female targeted subject matter (housewives in the burbs most of - them rich) and something I would usually completely pass over. But, I gave it a spin while my partner was out of town and it turned out to be deeper than I expected.
By far of the Start Trek TNG series (and I'm only on Season 4), the Nth Degree is my fave.
The new Samurai Jack season 5 is amazing!
so good.. just spent the last 4 days at Seawalls festival by Pangeaseed In Napier New Zealand.. amazing .. got some great interviews, albeit a bit drunk on occasion.. and then yesterday as a final day trip, we did this bushwalk out to this massive waterfall..
So many great walls, and some super good people..
alas reality awaits for me..
Love it when a show has
Suggested (and enforced) donation of $30 at the door.
30 bucks isn't much but why bother call it a donation when it's enforced? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Going to Barcelona for 3 days next week, and i've got a ton of work to be done before friday, whereby, no exercise or social life till end all of them...
Hope i don't fall asleep while driving to bcn
One day i will die.
I wonder if i will recall this afternoon.
Gf's away so I'm having a day watching ST: Voyager, smoking weed and afternoon drinking. Sad, yes.
Even sadder, at the end of the last episode (cool one where 7 of 9 goes all paranoid and conspirational) i thought to myself "huh, they don't have holodeck episodes, so no shitty fantasy episodes, as in TNG".
The very next episode is all about lieutenant Barclay. In a holodeck.
As you were.
It's even got Diana Troi.
- Although, "in your case, practice is irrelevant". Great line. Fuck Neelixdetritus
- I take it back. They made contact with home. Not a bad episode.
Still, fuck holodecks.detritus
- ..And literally the one after is a full on holodeck episode, set in jolly ol' Ireland. Ffs.detritus
- i liked barclay in TNG. could never get into voyager though. new age indian guy and boring monotone captain annoyed mescarabin
- should i give it another go?scarabin
- Beneath its safe 90s west coast palette it's got quite a few dark-concept episodes. It's not TNG, but some of the stories are betterdetritus
- This is proper creepy, det. I've been re-watching VOY for the last couple of weeks ... I just finished S6E16, so I reckon I'm only 4 ahead of you.Continuity
that feeling you get when you're accused of something you had nothing to do with nor even know what said accuser is talking about... yet said accuser is so fucking livid that all you can do is gently walk away and hope said accuser gets-A-FUCKING-GRIP...
- Is this related to a female? Then you must realize its for entertainment.sofakingback
- Did she accuse you of cheat on her in her dream?pango
- Lol pango, my ex did that. Woke up pissy at me for some dream he had. Turns out he actually was cheating on me himself in real life.. Facepalm.sea_sea
- no excessive trolling.
no cheap nike shoes.
no reinventing shoe box.
no physical threats towards another member.
no sending herp dick pic no other memberspango
- If European likes it and American's calls it swiss, it stays.
Sureshot likes sausage. don't ever question that.pango
- Never point out the actual celebrity name.pango
- no doxxing.
chill with the racism.
don't use people's sexuality as an insultscarabin
- no speaking unless you're holding the conchscarabin
- whining about downvotes will unleash a shitstorm of downvotes upon your personscarabin
- pics or it didn't happen.bklyndroobeki
- be creative & come up w/ your own unique insults, no stealing.bklyndroobeki
- no shoes, no shirt, no service.bklyndroobeki
- Hey now. I'm not sure I'm on board with the last one. We should put that to a vote.pango
- Four legs good, two legs bad.i_monk
- 3 legs even better.pango
- Never be brainwashed or simple. Never ever question the soothsayersfadein11
- If sheeple, wake up.cannonball1978
- no excessive trolling.
wtf are you guys doing over in the NSFW thread like ALL day?
- That's one thread I avoid like the plague.Continuity
- the deprived pervs love that threadutopian
- don't ever post a note in that thread... it will keep popping up on your feed...pango
- never have never will. I'm at work too, sketchy af.HijoDMaite
- So of course i get home from work and i click on the thread. A fucking black dude sucking himself off. Business as usual.HijoDMaite
- Lol yup, some threads are never to be touched.sea_sea
- I went in there because of this post. Not effected, but no desire to go In there again for another year.bklyndroobeki
- Never ever opened this post, and after reading comments from people who entered... I'll never do it. Fear on meOBBTKN
- lol. touched it once. Never againCalderone2000
- Been in there once. Never making that mistake again.chukkaphob
- QBN should have an alert pop up when clicking on the thread's title that reads: "are you fucking sure?!" ...chukkaphob
- ...then when/if you click "OK," another alert pops up "you sure you want to be scarred for life?!"chukkaphob
- Haha yes.sea_sea
- Now this is a no go zone i can agree with :)fadein11
Spoon tour dates announced and 3 Germany dates 3 U.K dates and only one CA. date. Bastards.
oh, and like 6 Canada dates! f u Canada Beat it, you puck-slapping maple suckers!!!
- Ho-ho! Where in DE?Continuity
- Berlin, Munich, and Hamburg in June.HijoDMaite
- Fuck me. Let me know when you're close to being in Munich, we'll grab a drink!Continuity
- Dude i wish! Im not going to those shows, was just telling you where in Germany they are playing.HijoDMaite
I found a pretty good deal on an uplift standing desk on CL. The guy is coming off as a dick and I'm picking up bad vibes. I almost want to just spend a few hundred more and buy that shit new just to spite him. At least I'll get the color I want.
Or maybe I should just suck it up for the deal. Thoughts?
- don't enable dicks, buy newGnash
- go over and offer him even less than he is asking or you even offered. Screw him out of more money, or get a new one.capn_ron
- Stand up to him.
- I'm just going to order my one. New it'll only be $176 more and I get bamboo instead of shitty ass blackfourth
- looking good :)Gnash
- Much better than old/cheap looking cabinets, good work mateOBBTKN
- so neutralmonospaced
- I like it a lot. Exciting to see some color pop in a tea kettle or some counter warecapn_ron
- for suremonospaced
- I like where this is going dudesureshot
- Thanks yall. There are two walls not shown that will be the main color accents. And a new colorful kettle too ;)stoplying
- Are you changing that light?Hayoth
- Keep going man dont stop!HijoDMaite
- looks goodmoldero
- so nice.bklyndroobeki
To this day, this many years on, whenever I see the time being 13:37, I tell myself, 'It's l33t o'clock.'
- Cool story, bro.Continuity
- In the USA we don't typically use the 24hr style, so it's never l33t o'clock :(monospaced
- l3t o'clock in the USA ... sounds like teh suxorz.Continuity
- *fires up CS1.6, pwnz QBN*Continuity
- wow... l337 and cs 1.6
- i've used a 24 hr clock ever since getting a smartphone (10 years now?)... but I've never said 'leet' once... ... now I will. :)PonyBoy
- lol suxorz. when did we stopped using that?pango
Yesterday I realized that I've been smiling a little bit lately. A good friend was even surprised by it...
No wonder, this bone-hache is killing me, and my smile too. Where the heck is the sun? Cold and humid day after day. It's supposed we're on spring now.
In a side note: now, i'm seriously thinking about retiring in the south of Spain. @detritus: are you interested in sharing a 2 floor house with us? I'm a master of bbq and my wife is the best cook on the face of the earth ;)
@mg33 and anyone else with CC experience ^
let's say i'm with CC. if i find a place that wants to hire me full-time (on my own instead of through CC), can i just quit CC and work at that place, no strings attached?
or am i obligated to get CC involved and let them take a cut of my rate at this new place despite my doing all the legwork and building that relationship?
- i'm lost... sorry what's CC?pango
- nvm. just saw last post.pango
- creative circle, a staffing agency. headhuntersscarabin
- check your contract. I've seen it both waysGnash
- 1 - any work you get goes through them. 2 - Only work they get you is monetizedGnash
- (but no personally experience with CC)Gnash
- i'm guessing i can't just quit CC and go with the guys i found.scarabin
- why not?Gnash
- To my understanding, if it's freelance work they get for you, they get a cut. You're under no obligation to work exclusively with them.mg33
- I think you can literally a) get other work on your own at the same time, and, b) stop working with them at any time.mg33
- same goes for full time. unless you've signed a contract to not get work with anyone else (which i don't think they do) you can whatever you want.mg33
- i'll try and get a copy of the contract. thanks!scarabin
- if you get the job I want one of those Alien posters!Gnash
- i second that.pango
- If CC doesn't get you the interview then you are not obligated or under their contract.Hayoth
anybody ever work with staffing agency "creative circle"?
- Yes. They found me something pretty quickly. back in 2013. Eventually another agency got me a full time job, but CC were nice to work with.mg33
- People seem to dislike them; my impression was that these people had little experience and expected the world to be handed to them.mg33
gah. that feeling when you send the client an exploration PDF before 6pm but they've already left so you're sitting around worrying if they're gonna like it or not all night.
10 years of this game and i still feel like a hack just faking it
- fake it till you make itsausages
- very common.
- I don't think anyone in our jobs doesn't feel this way. The ones who don't, are usually the hacks.ETM
- Haha, same.set
- Feeling like a hack means you're an expert. Isn't that what the study said ...bklyndroobeki
- the day you are comfortable = the day you are doing boring shit.inteliboy