- Last post
- 66,046 Responses
What can I do with a 2009 iMac I have sitting around. It works just fine.
I notice more people calling me "sir" lately.
had my first strip club experience this weekend for my brother's bachelor party. we went to a nice place and it was way more enjoyable than I expected.
still thinking about the girl i got a dance from and talked to for a minute. feel like pablo described below, lol
I have quite a lot of improper thoughts about Ivanka Trump.
A friend that works at Y&R just told me that all computers were infected with this malware: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/p…
- as far as i know it's something else.sted
- Where's Johnny Mnemonic when we need him? Getting his balls sucked by that dolphin of his, no doubt.face_melter
- It's called Petya, a new variation of WannaCry.maquito
- it's called PetrWrap (only uses petya)
Beware of real girls real emotions
"i am just 34 and have already spent thousands on dollars, like many thousands, in double digits, over 50kEUR on the god forsaken camming , video chat, cam industry.
I call myself a dickhead because i dont watch shows there, i just thought i would have some nice time with the girls, who shows so called real emotions.
and in the process of having a nice time, i fell for a girl, can i say her name here ? i will reveal later on as i write my idiotic story about my experience"
Ransomware infecton in our office
- What was the cause?face_melter
- hacking attack! I work at a large firm. This is so excitingdrgs
- its spreading via network sharesdrgs
- burn everything down and sacrifice that idiot who downloaded pron@theofficested
- hack teh planetsureshot
- worldwide hackutopian
If you got $50,000 extra, is there anything safe you can invest in to make a few thousand extra?
- Ask Hedge.
Oh, wait ...Continuity
- AAPL or Alphabet (google) are relatively safe. Or a good health care mutual fund. If you're a pussy, maybe just a money market account.monospaced
- scared money dont make no moneypockets
- Ask Martin Shkrelipablo28
- Make a war portfolio and wait: http://i.imgur.com/f…mekk
- lol for having 50,000 extra.sureshot
- not cryptocoins
i lost 30% of my investmentdrgs
- i'll keep it safe for youOP31
- Ask Hedge.
Thinking of getting a new car. Maybe do 12,000 miles a year.
Any reason not to lease?
- If you don't mind giving away your money and never owning a car, get a lease... pro(s), you get to have a brand new car every 3 years.Maaku
- financially, i think a lease equals a very high interest rate. I've heard it is not financially smart to lease. Also, buy a car outright, no payments at all.capn_ron
- If you buy a car, it loses money the second you drive off the lot.doggydoggdog
- Leasing is like throwing money away. It's like rent and you get nothing at the end.monospaced
- buy a 2 year old lot and let someone else take that hit.capn_ron
- also, cars lose money every day generally. they are expensive things.capn_ron
- I would lease a fancy car. generally, i'd purchase even though it's a depreciating asset.dorf
- the car i bought had under 5K / year. they're out thereimbecile
- Leased 3 before, own one and lease one. Lease = full tax write off & milage. Usually cheaper payments. You can always buy your lease afterwards.ArmandoEstrada
- @armando, do you use a cpa or file your own taxes?dorf
- ^yes, I would like to also know lolfuturefood
- Lease if you want something brand new every few years. Like Armando said, you can always buy after the lease is up, and if you lease a car that tends to keep...lvl_13
- ...its value, it's a no-brainer. Just make sure you negotiate that final purchase number if that's your end goal. That way you can purchase for a good price...lvl_13
- ...and you know how the vehicle has been treated/repairs needed in the lease terms. Buying used is always a gamble. Not always bad-not always goodlvl_13
- I am oldschool, I like to keep my fixed costs low thus I only buy. But never new. As mentioned above: Let others lose money with the write-off.Longcopylover
- be aware of unexpected high costs when returning the leased vehicle.mekk
- I ususally buy a car that's 5 or so years old with a low mileage. Thinking about selling and leasing a car. Wife is gonna do some number crunching.microkorg
- I leased and I'm due to return the car next May, I also had 12k mi per year. I anhilated that mileage, so I'm buying the car.HijoDMaite
- I don't know where you live, but in SoCal mileage restrictions are no bueno.HijoDMaite
- People who say "buy used a year or two old" must have never tried that. Often times the savings are negligible vs new.section_014
- Overall though, buy. My car has under 50k and it's paid off.section_014
- Lease. Aging cars end up costing you more (cash and frustration) in the long run.Al_dizzle
- I file as DBA on taxes so use lease as tax writeoff. Lease with option to buy, depending on car.ArmandoEstrada
- Buy used. Cash. About 5 years old will be half the price of new, and you'll have lots to choose from and data to figure out which models have should be avoidedmonNom
- according to one dude here, a Subaru WRX appreciates after 5 yearsmonospaced
- if children had rights, hitting them as a form of punishment would be illegal.imbecile
- though it does remind me of the case of the guy that sued the doctor who removed his foreskin.imbecile
- it is illegal to hit children where i live. in all three countries where i lived.oey
- "if women had rights, hitting them as a form of punishment would be illegal." Putinoey
- In many countries, corporal punishment IS illegal, FFS: https://en.wikipedia…Continuity
- in the UK it's ok...LOL!oey
- LOL @ down votesoey
@maquito, my point is as follows:
I find it absolutely irresponsible, for the reason that a parent's job is to actively protect their offspring from harm. This is the main thrust of my argument.
What people are doing when posting their their photos and full names is, basically, doxxing them. There's a reason we, as adults, use handles and nicks online. It's to protect our privacy ... our right to which shrinks more and more as time passes. Any statement to the contrary is a load of shit, otherwise you would all be using your own proper names as handles.
I simply can't conceive that a parent would put their precious little geniuses at risk like this. There are — believe it or not — paedophiles out there, for example, and they also know how to use the internet. And with the seemingly-routine leaks of user data here, there and everywhere, the point has been drilled home to protect what's left of our privacy. To me, it's mind-boggling to say, 'Oh, it's OK, the risk is really low. If something happens, well, we'll deal with it when the time comes.' Eh?
'Honey, do you think we should get some insurance for this car?'
'Naaaaaaah. On the off-chance we crash, we'll get it then.'
'Hm. We should probably get some anti-virus software for these servers, yeah?'
'Pffft. Whatever, man. If we get hacked, I'll get some then. Otherwise, really low risk.'
This is what you're basically saying when you post Junior's full name and photo.
To drive the point home:
• mg33 has his given name, initial of his surname and city in his QBN profile. No chance anyone could out his address because he's not given his full surname, right?
• Oops! mg33 Jr's full name is in a post associated with him! Hey presto, someone interested into doing something nasty now has just about all the info they need to make it happen.
Anyway, this is the last I'm going to say about it because, apparently, the consensus is it's absolutely OK to dox your spawn, and it represents acceptable risk. In the end, it's your collective problems.
- your opinion sucks.
- Well, what can I say. If you want, as a parent, to live up to your QBN nick, that's your prerogative.
- please don't fight. lets all be friends, mkay?oey
- Has there been any incident where someone's baby photo put anyone in danger?pango
- LOL @ some resultsoey
- LOL @ some resultsoey
- Most of the articles are about people criticizing parents posting photos of their babies. Or parents criticizing people posting photos of their babies...pango
- I guess posting photos of babies is dangerous because you are going to get criticized. But no actual harm for the babies...pango
- I wonder whatever happened to this baby. http://i.dailymail.c…pango
- your inability to deal with views other than your own is quite toxic for those around you. You probably take to the internet because no one listens in your lifeimbecile
- go ahead and attack my nickname, low hanging fruit you're swinging at. your opinion still sucksimbecile
- not you pango, continuity, this is for him too - http://i.imgur.com/o…imbecile
- your opinion sucks.
A crew of 4 CUNTS just tried to jack my car ... just as we're having our 9:30 stand up design meeting ... my buddy went out there like a champ and spooked them. These guys were already being hunted by police there was even a police chopper overhead ..They broke into a house around 8:30 a.m. this morning and have broken into a bunch of other cars this morning. According to someone on Nextdoor the APD helicopter is looking for them .... most likely trying to ditch that Chrysler and take mine sweet new precious, FUCK that some scary shit.
Went to SixFlags yesterday, had a great time.
It was fun and scary and now I have the most ridiculous sunburn ever.
I underestimated the Texas SkyScreamer.
While I was waiting in line I started looking at the structure and details of this ride. Big mistake to focus on that when you're going to be lifted 40 stories above the ground.
My hands were so sweaty it didn't matter what I was trying to hold on to, lol. I never get sweaty hands.
- haha, every time I go to Italy my missus borrows the Bond set from her BFF's Old Man, just for little ol' me who needs a bi-daily English language reset :)detritus
- You just know that Hamble and Jemima were metal as fuck. They had that look about them. Also, major shoutouts to Derek Griffiths.face_melter
Apart from the discussion about child pics posting I want to congratulate the happy QBN'ers and send them the best wishes and hopes of a healthy and happy life.
a friend of mine once said that if someone masturbates thinking of her that someone should get her a valentines gift.
@Continuity, this made me think a lot a while ago, since I have friends who refused to post pictures of their kids until they where "old enough to have their own Facebook account"; how old, you may wonder, does a kid need to be to have an own Facebook profile?
Apparently 12-13 is the age when school mates usually start, -in Uruguay-. Instagram: even younger, at 9 y/o, since it's easier to handle, easier privacy, etc.. Even if parents really want their kids off the matrix, shit gets real with the classic"everyone has, I must have, I don't wanna be a loser" ...bully fuelled kind of shit, and/or when they have access to a smartphone to create an account, not even their parents': a friend has a smartphone and lends to create account.
That being said, lead me to wonder... what's the difference between starting your "online profile" when you're a baby and when you're 9 y/o. Or even more, it makes me wonder what kind of risk do you think this kind of exposure may lead to. Risk, danger, ...privacy violation...? Really? Maybe I'm missing the whole point here.
How can an indexed picture of a baby with it's name on a blog can be the digital equivalent of dangling them off a balcony?
- I think you're missing the point maquito.oey
- But how?maquito
- you asked it yourself, I mean: "risk, danger, ...privacy violation...?" you can research on the matter.oey
- then you ask "really?" I can reply "yes really, why not?" but that's not a good answer. as dangling them off a balcony I think it's exaggerated but...oey
- ...there's a certain risk, danger factor and privacy issues as well.oey
- you're example though is a good one to raise questions where the line should be drawn. and to make all sorts of questions that come with the use of social mediaoey
- by kids nowadays. kids wanting their pages is different from parents posting their kids pics but I understand your point and I think that's a good start for aoey
- serious discussion. questions must be raised and things should be properly analyzed. critic is good if constructive. one can be skeptical without being cynicoey
- about this. I understand continuity but that's not the best way to start a serious discussion still is question is legitimate to some point.oey
- but that's my opinion.oey
- Your kids are safe the internet is awash with billions of pics and images of babies and kids, names pics everything. I blame my wife and all her female friends_niko
- On Facebook. It's a little unnerving for me personally and I try to get her to remove any posts of our kids but there is so much of it out there nobody bats an_niko
- @oey, I get it. I couldn't agree more about analysing and constructive critic. It's definitely a serious topic. I also agree up a to a certain point about amaquito
- mere danger factor, but I should research about it. I should not make an assumption just from what I think about it.maquito
- I can not say I'm right but when friends do it I also raise that question but keep it for myself and question myself as well.oey
- All cool!maquito
Nothing is really on fire. Fire is on things.