- Last post
- 20 Responses
What’s the rarest or most highly prized item in your collection?
Bonus points for pics and stories.
- Which is your favorite?scarabin
- HP 48 series
- Super nerdy. I love itscarabin
- Yea I got rid of the rest, so I no longer have a collection, which I regret now...drgs
- 4 Mhz full scale RISC processor, 32 or 128 kb ram, which was pretty good in 1992, especially for a calculatordrgs
I own 5 cars. I have an old car a lot of old men want. They're pretty common though. Doing a brake upgrade then that thing is for sale. Not sure if that's a collection or stupidity.
The next one doesn't have much monetary value, but I find it priceless.
About 10 years ago I began requesting unreleased tracks from assorted electronic artists via twitter. It began by noticing songs in mixes that I couldn't find, then it progressed to just asking if there was an unreleased track they would feel comfortable sharing. I would always guarantee I would never share the file (and I never have).
I ended up with 11 tracks that I think are the bees knees. They're not all great and a couple don't sound mastered and I find that to be pretty rad.
For a while, I followed Figure so much, he would DM me secret shows and let me know where he'd be performing Halloween early to ensure we could get tickets.
I don't care about music near as much as I used to.
- I didn’t realize they get better with age. What’s the rarest?scarabin
- How much you invested so far, and what do you think current collection value is?shapesalad
- If it's good tobacco it works pretty much like aging wine. And it's basically the same storage conditions. Don't have anything super rare.haga
- Partagas Serie D Especial Edicion Limitada 2010 maybe. Rare in the sense that they just made a certain amount of boxes.haga
- Do different vintages have different tastes? Can you tell what year a cigar is from?drgs
- Shape, low balling I'd say they're worth $20k but probably closer to 25. But much more if I go over my ten years and sell them at an auction.haga
- And just counting what I paid for what I got now and not counting all the stuff I've smoked over the years I'd say $7k maybe.haga
- Drgs, crops tend to taste different but it's not like you can tell if it's a crop from 14 or 16. Some years are better than others. They smooth out with age.haga
- How are your lungs?shapesalad
- thought that first shot were shipping containers...wordssssss
- Oh, they're great. Just did my yearly check up. A little high on the cholesterol, though.haga
- Holy.. shit. I thought I was cool for having some old smuggled Montecristo 2s (actual Cuban) from back when they were illegal.garbage
- Guessing you're a purist, so you'll probably hate that I blunted them. Grab your DeWalt, carefully incrementally bore a 11/64 center about halfway down.garbage
- Extra fine grind on your favorite flower (Thai Diesel tastes amazing with No 2), gently pack it in. Best blunt ever.garbage
- Are your walls and ceiling brown?drgs
Broken hearts and STIs
I collect vinyl records as some of you may be aware, but earlier today the local paper came round my house to take pics and interview me about a rare 7" single I found recently. When they publish the article next week I'll share the press clipping with you (unless they do a rubbish article and make me out to be a bit of a twat)
- No way... you collect vinyl?! ;-)
Look forward to the article mateIanbolton
- what's the 7"?robthelad
- ahh you'll have to wait until next week - *clue* it's never been sold on Discogs beforeGardener
- Slow news day?i_monk
- ah, it is to tie in with a football anniversary tooGardener
- Is it rare and good? Or only rare?canoe
- Andrew Weatherall related?Squiddy
- rare (especially in such good condition) quite good really, if I offered it to a certain team they would have itGardener
- No way... you collect vinyl?! ;-)
* And lately bikes that I buy and don't ride :(
- any key comics?pinkfloyd
- mostly europeans (spanish, french, belgian or italian), but lots of american and japanese too...OBBTKN
- it's hard to choose... from an initial edition of AKIRA, to all the works of GIPI, Juan Gimenez, Bernet, Cyril Pedrosa, Blain, Schultheiss, Sfar. A long list ;)OBBTKN
- I had a shit tonne of comics (first ed Akira too), but gifted them all to my current gf's teenage kid who had just got into reading/collecting.hardhat
- and I also have a thing for bikes - though i too almost never ride these dayshardhat
- what's the value on your cards?pinkfloyd
- in the 10's of thousands I would think at this point @pinkfloyd. I do use alot of them to actually play games with my daughter. Raising a real nerd spawn.bogue
- Those are in fantastic condition. And a lotus!scarabin
- Have you thought about grading them? I hope you keep them in good condition.pinkfloyd
- I'll buy thempinkfloyd
- I've been staring at this image for half an hour, awash in thoughts and memories. This era of Magic was inspired.pusherbot
- power 9! if your lotus is real you should get it boxed – really all of themArchitectofFate
I collect vintage 90s mountain bikes.
Currently in my garage I've got:
* 1990 Bridgestone MB-3
* 1992 Bridgestone MB-3
* 1990 Bridgestone CB-1
* 1992 Bridgestone X0-3
* 1993? Trek Multitrack 720
Not all of them are in rideable shape. Rebuilding and restoring them is kind of an off-and-on hobby of mine.
Shotglasses. I really need to find a display for them. Have about 300-400 ish?
- dead eyespalimpsest
- I had a bunch of dead bees and wasps, but most of them got wiped out by something that turned their innards to dust and they fell aparthardhat
- Cool, I have a butterfly collectionscarabin
- Nice bit of cardboard that. Got anymore pics?robthelad
- Only pic if it that I have. My son found it yesterday. I'll post more pics once it's ready.palimpsest
- I used to have a collection of dragonflies, cicadias & beetles but got rid of it during a move years ago. It looks like I'm going start one again.palimpsest
years, lbs/kilos, hobbies, loves.