- Last post
- 22 Responses
ok, it needs its own thread.
This is where it's located.
This is the president of Belarus for the last 26 years who faked his 80% exit poll few days ago
Today is the third day the riots go on it doesn't look like it will slow down any time soon. Internet is completely disabled in Belarus
and I was born in Belarus too, but have been living in the US since 1991
If the riots are successful, it will inspire Russians as well (the sentiment is similar at the moment + Putin's rating is at all time low, I think)
I hope it happens
- easy now... look what happened in ukraine...renderedred
- ukraine was fucked for many years by the rassan before kirmeria was annexed.
poor guys everybody is using themsted
- Never will happen in Russia, they're totally fucked-up in their minds with Putini_was
- Its turning around. Once every 50 years Russia sheds its winter coat, like a dogdrgs
- There's no real alternative to Putin though is there? Who would replace him?yuekit
- The problem with Russia is that they still see themselves as a savior of the world, and they will elect anyone who promises to regain their superpower statusdrgs
- More likely Putin will stay in power next 15-20 years, then AI version of Putin will take over.yuekit
- Its a country with a big collective ego, but full of inferiority complexes. All they need to do is to realize that they are "one of many"drgs
- and start living like any other european country.drgs
- As for Putin: He did nothing of what he promised to do in early 2000s and did everything what he specifically promised not to do (change the constitution)drgs
- I think he means well, and is trying to do something, but he now appears as a stuttering, insecure, weak figure. His time is updrgs
- @drgs: I dated a Russian girl once, a few years ago, and she (and apparently the rest of the Russian population, to hear her tell it) bristled at being calledContinuity
- ... European. They're not the least bit interested in joining the rest of us, unless they can dominate the EU.Continuity
- Which is exactly their cursedrgs
Is that true that the candidate of the opposition was jailed before the election and his wife took over the position, who is now in Lithuania.
What was this story with the rassan paramilitary guys?
They wanted to show that the current regime can handle the rassans so they throwed in some guys they can arrest?
It was fucking weird on many levels especially that some of the recording included the faces of the captured "soldiers".
- Internet was shut down,
- Police allowed to use lethal force
I really doubt protests and sanctions will lead to anything. Putin's probably itching to send in reinforcements, Ukraine-style.
- they walk backwards and forget to leave?sted
- idk. they are still the ones who walked back to soviet rassa in 94-95? and made a fortune on oil and gas transfers.
now it hurts af for the average joe.sted
- The thing is a bit complex, innit? For one thing, Belarus is in way deep with Mother Russia. For another, it's really in Putin's best interest to maintain ...Continuity
- ... the status quo with Belarus, because it's a further way of destabilising the EU, or making sure it doesn't complete its project.
They pull the same shit ...Continuity
- ... in the Balkans.Continuity
- Serbia and Montenegro, specifically.Continuity
- What about Serbia and Montenegro?Milan
- The Russians are inserting themselves in those countries to basically prevent them from joining the EU, and keep them under Russian influence.Continuity
- Montenegro is already part of NATO. How is that under Russian influence? Serbia, on the other hand has always been friendly with Russia.Milan
- Especially after NATO illegally bombed the shit out of Serbia in 1999, using 15 tonnes of depleted uranium munitions.Milan
- @milan, but two eyes in the same head ;)renderedred
there is still hope
- sad to see that they aren't organized
they should take out the coordinator first (guy standing alone behind the line), then separate the group into twosted
- it's actually their advantage that they act in a decentralized matter. It makes the SWAT team running from one neighborhood to another exhausting themselveszaq
- I can see that that's why I was thinking that they should separate this group into two...
decentralized acts can be a result of organized mattersted
- I really wish that they they won't give upsted
- zhive belarustxyzinfo
- In Hong Kong protesters used encrypted apps to communicate with the whole group... go this way, avoid cops on this street etc...yuekit
- Haven't these guys watched the GOT 'Battle of the Bastards' episode??ridlerontheroof
- sad to see that they aren't organized
rassan style intimidation
turn on the subtitles. the "suggestion" starts at 3:00
- Major IT companies in Belarus are being raided today. Including Uber and Wargamingzaq
- so this IT firms were using the cover of a dictatorship to get cheap code for the west? or why are they in Belarus in the first place?uan
- Not against the revolt at all...but questioning our (west) understanding of the services we use.uan
- "cheap code" it used to be. Lately the wages in IT sector went up and are on par with Russia/Ukraine if not higher.popovich
- However, IT was blooming since 90s. A lot of people work there. It just went through the roof in the last years. Even coin mining is tax-free there.popovich
Just read this one on CNN:
'Belarus riot police drop shields and are embraced by anti-government protesters'
This is a bit of a turn I wasn't expecting, but actually, I shouldn't be *too* surprised. As a point of comparison, many of my friends in Belgrade told me that during the anti-Milošević protests leading up to his overthrow, soldiers and cops (though, mostly soldiers at first) were walking off their lines and joining the protesters.
My Serbian ex- (who participated in the protests) told me when I lived there that, eventually, tanks started rolling in to shield protesters from the remaining security forces who were still loyal to Milošević.
So, who knows ... maybe Belarusian security will come to their senses and understand whose side they should really be on.
- There’s a new flash mob: people who served previously as Swat team, throw or burn their uniforms.zaq
- In addition, the policemen who resigned this week post screenshots of their resignation and idszaq
- Well, then that's encouraging.Continuity
- Now saying that, many of the gov forces still fight for Lukashenko, some of them even enjoy doing that.zaq
- In addition, there were detected mysterious military plane flights from Minsk to Russia and back.zaq
- Hopefully, there's a higher ratio of those who don't enjoy it to those who do.Continuity
- When we had our Revolution back in '89, the police and military forces joined the protesters, then it was all over. Ceausescu ended up shot...grafician
- praying it will end in the similar way.zaq
You probably forgot about Belarus already. It hasn't over yet
- this was a month agosted
- that was 11th august 2020shapesalad
- When you as a human represent an ideology, it's easy to beat you and stomp on you if the representation doesn't match the held expectation.shapesalad
- yes, it's an old video that recently was released, but you can search the news. For example https://ge.usembassy…zaq
- Jesus. Horrible. Gotta ask though - why the fuck did they not just reverse as soon as they saw the masses? No way I'd've stayed there. No justification though.Nairn
- Fucking savagesi_was
- crowd psychologysee_bee
- I'm glad that he has Geico Insurance.utopian
- here is Google translate if you want to read details https://translate.go…zaq
- here is the original page in case broken above https://auto.onliner…zaq
Didn't russia just give them a loan
Молчат Дома (Molchat Doma) - Клетка