- Last post
- 58 Responses
What simple pleasures bring you immense satisfaction?
I've got three that are doing it for right now:
- Updating all my apps to see that they're all updated.
- Marking all my emails read in Inbox and Gmail on my phone to remove the red notification indicator for both, for the first time in months.
my email notification indicator is at 5,006. Clearly red bubble does not bother me.
When I eat an Everything Bagel and the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and onion flakes fall off and are scattered all over the plate, I love to sweep and swipe and sponge them all up with the last bagel piece for that one last perfect super-pleasure bite!
Reading my Bible.
- Given some of the posts you've made on here, I'm genuinely unsure whether you're being sarcastic or not.Nairn
- He's the most Christian QBNer for sure.monospaced
- this made me LOL.sarahfailin
- Ah come on. This is my pleasure. Also, you know not what Christian is. Is me.robthelad
- I know what Christian is, and I know you are super Christian.monospaced
A shot of Tullamore Dew (Irish whiskey), and a bowl of spicy and salty cashew nuts.
When my coffee is so hot it burns my mouth if I take too big of a sip.
You'd think it's actually kind of dangerous and annoying, but it gives me immense satisfaction to know that my coffee is going to remain hot for a long time to come.
Walking to and from work....just over 10K per day.
— A long walk with a silly or pithy podcast
— Making a quick postcard to someone I love
— Straightening the house before bed (bonus if I leave helpful post-its to make the next day better)
— Inbox zero
— Emptying the downloads folder
— A snoring dog at my feet
Oh yeah, 30 seconds of full cold at the end of a shower.
discovering new music
Building a catapult (or anything) in the garage with my son.
I can’t believe no one has said masterbation...
During summer: Drinking Diet Coke can while taking a shower.
Recycle Bin > Right Click > Empty Recycle Bin
Digging through record bins in charity shops