- Last post
- 26 Responses
I don't know if this has been mentioned (I can't see a thread), but Guinness had a brand refresh the other week and it's a really nice piece of work:
Before & After:
I love it, a brand really trading on their heritage rather than just following trends in logo design.
Here's a write up: http://www.underconsideration.co…
wow. the anti-minimalist direction. touche.
lovely design and I drink it
Dunno, looks like it's trying a little too hard to me, I don't see heritage I see 3D. The 3D harp part doesn't make sense, if you want history just pull back one of the early marks and refresh it, don't force some busy 3D stuff in there. I really don't care for either harp, though.
Font is fine, but I agree with some of the comments that the other one is more unique (I don't like the old mark, but the really old ones looked like they could have had charm with a little refresh).
To each their own, I guess.
Saw this a few days back. Lovely stuff. It feels much more hand crafted and carefully considered—as Wolfboy noted, more in the spirit of the brand rather than design trends. I wonder if design as a whole is moving away from "simplicity" as a default design solution.
I dig the 1955 pattern.
Its nice, but what happens to the details when it gets scaled down?
- as much as the one in the original post ;)Bennn
- go fuck yourself ben. better yet, go hit another old woman in the subway. i was complimenting the photo you twit.imbecile
- oh... my bad for pointing out he hit a woman.imbecile
- no wait... fuck him.imbecile
- So much unecessary violenceBennn
- and you know i've never hit a woman i hopeBennn
- you told us you did. so you're a liar, or violent.imbecile
well done. Love it!
really nice. +1
ooh, that's really nice.
I don't quite understand where the shading comes from in the 'estd. 1759' area - is that pure colour graduation? If so, why not evident on the larger photo?
Anyway, good work - will certainly do for another 20 years, at which point they'll probably go minimalist one colour again :)
- were you wondering what it was?drake-von-drake
- i was wondering why such an ugly instrument would become their icon, yes.
- that said, i do enjoy the beer from time to timescarabin
- looks more like a lyre than a harp anywaydrake-von-drake
- lol it looks exactly like a harp and not like a lyre at all in comparison.set
- Looks hideous but I'm sure it sounds amazing. Very much the Adele of the harp world.set