- Last post
- 51 Responses
Who gets to be the judge of what's **Politically Correct** these days?
Seems shit's getting a bit out of control. Here in the US the First Amendment of our Constitution is often in conflict w/itself. Elsewhere in the world, politically correct groups / bureaucracies are attempting to force outside cultural acceptance by suppressing existing culture / everyday practices (practices and lifestyles considered 'western' and progressive).
Some current human rights complaints make perfect sense while other issues only ten to twenty years ago would be considered perfect lunacy. Are we fighting for a just cause or are we just wanting to feel important?
Post all your Politically Correct news / articles / memes etc... just try not to... offend anyone... ?
The first amendment battling itself (Missouri):
oh... forgot to mention that South Park is all over this topic this season... anyone still watching?
"just try not offend anyone"
- Fucking hell.Continuity
- I identify as "they" but I don't make it an issue unless somebody explicitly tries to bring up the distinction in an effort to be PC.isleptwithsirenstonight
- ok so scrap "gender" i identify people by the binary nature of genetalia - how do i convey that in a pc way?
dickos, dickers, dicks
vagos, vagers, vag'strooperbill
feminist, minorities and jews,
I'm a feminist, a minority and love hummus,
so I'm basically intouchable
- Are you saying that as a black man?isleptwithsirenstonight
- here it goes, the serial downvoter strikes againgeorgesIII
- I didn't even read your post. Just saw the downvotes and decided to join the partyAl_dizzle
- thanks Al :)georgesIII
- you can't be a minority with several qbn accountsuan
- why do so many think georges has multiple accounts that he's posting from? I don't think he's too concerned about hiding his viewsGnash
- ^georges has multiple 'georges' accounts... but I can't spot his style / attitude / demeanor in other user other than a 'georges' userPonyBoy
- and given how open he has always been under his own name I don't see why he'd go incognitoPonyBoy
- guys like jazX who start new accounts stand out like herpes labialis on an albino... but yuri, omg, georges are all separate entities in my opinionPonyBoy
- for sure they're separate.Gnash
- what kind of loser has more than one account? offended?canoe
- G explained it, had and account for each device he was logging in with -- all the same name, just with a i, ii, iii ... at the endGnash
- G. mos. def. is 'not' a loser—dude has a brain 'like no one' on this site—brilliant artist/ designer/ developer/ father—dude's got my respect (politically too)PonyBoy
Tennessee pulled pronoun list from site
›› Fear of New Pronouns
›› Ohio U Preferred Pronouns Faculty FAQ
›› Ohio U Preferred Names
›› Harvard Will Let Students Select Pronouns
I told everyone years ago, anyone that wanted to hear it or not that SJWs will be the end of us, I was treated like a pariah and some even went as far as to tell me that I hated women, because of my criticism of the feminist movement,
but G, "it's only on internet, none of it is real life",
look at misou, look at black live matters, look at college unions, look at rape laws, look at safe zone, look at book burnings, look at interrupting and outright banning those whom you disagree with,
everyone is offended now, everyone is getting angry at movements that pretend to speak in their name, everyone is anti anti anti [meta] something,
so who gets to be the judge?? >> the most vocal movements gets to be the judge of what is acceptable
- So maybe it's not just internet but the hashtags you're referring to seem only to apply to 'murica as so far to me.isleptwithsirenstonight
- +1 last sentencedrgs
- They're only the most vocal now that most Norms are oblivious to the SJWs high pitched squealing. There won't be enough traction for this to to mainstream.detritus
- It might not be mainstream but it's exposed here and that's fun. #bring #back #the # funisleptwithsirenstonight
- ^^ @det -- that's what they said about national socialists in germany in the 30sGnash
- Not really - most people will actually resent and loathe SJWs when they, if they even realise it, have met one. Now they just view them as asocial nerds.detritus
- Right now though, they barely even register on the radar of most folks. You forget that we here are generally at least 3/5 internet :)detritus
- LOL at thte national socialists comparison. QBN for the win.isleptwithsirenstonight
- ( thought you'd like that one :)Gnash
- Mer il et fou!isleptwithsirenstonight
- ^ what does it has to do with the subject matter? did you just pick anything on wikipedia..georgesIII
- What about the people who say political correctness is preventing us from seeing that Islam is an evil religion that is taking over Western society?yuekit
- Do you agree with them, or is it only the feminist and social liberals that you are concerned about?yuekit
- ^ http://www.merriam-w…yurimon
- what a terrible arguement yuekit, which once proves you really don't know what you're talking about, if group of people is doing stupid shit and I disagree withgeorgesIII
- the stupid shit they do, because it can affect all of us greatly, it doesn't mean I agree with them, but believe it or not I'm totally ok with them saying whatgeorgesIII
- they want to say because they have the fuckn right to do it, now only dumb people can say a religion practiced by billions of people resulting in fewer deathgeorgesIII
- than the so called west democratic plans for those same countries is evil, but they do have the right to say it, and I will defend their right to say it,georgesIII
- unlike you I do not feel oppressed by words, I get oppressed by actions, if x, ,y, z is commiting such actions what is so bad about pointing it out, I'm againstgeorgesIII
- P.C. culture, why would I be against those trying to express their point of view freely, just because I disagree with them, what a retarded view point ukitgeorgesIII
- Right because anti-immigrant and anti-Islam views can never affect policy right? The point is that everyone has an issue or two where they can be accused ofyuekit
- being "politically correct" or "social justice warrior" for that matter:), it all depends on your perspective and life experience.yuekit
- Doesn't mean I agree with the Black Lives Matter or feminists 100%, but the least you can do is try to understand someone else's viewpoint instead of buyingyuekit
- into ridiculous over the top view like "political correctness will be the end of society." If nothing else it should at least give you some pause that a largeyuekit
- number of people who share your views on the feminist and BLM issue, are also the first to fear monger about Muslims and support U.S. foreign policy.yuekit
"Shooter" instead of saying the shooters name, claiming that he/she doesn't deserve publicity (unintentionally shining light on the fact that the news is show biz).
Is this another American juvenile conclusion or the aim of social architects?
Will it be ok to say Hitler in the future?
- New speechsofas
- I thought it was simply because not everyone considers the shooters name to be a household recognizable one. Shooter is to the point.monospaced
- I didn't listen for or hear any media outlet explain their reason for saying shooter. I did hear his name about 10,000 times today though.monospaced
by anonymising the shooter the news isn't doing its job of educating the public on factssofas
- also, i'm not sure what i'm talking aboutsofas
- to blend in, best choice is be silent. second best is to repeat what you heard in the news. if further questioned, say you didn't think about it or don't knowsofas
- I'm not sure that link you shared qualifies as show biz, or that the media shares the same sentiment. They are saying and showing his name. A lot.monospaced
- It's also a link to the group that trains officers nationally to handle situations just like this, not some juvenile media company.monospaced
- They're certainly not social architects either.monospaced
- @mono yes, but also see above linkssofas
- I can't find the vid/transcript, but Anderson Cooper said on CNN that he won't say the shooters name because of the above reasonssofas
- it's a good thing. who knows what the shooter's incentives are but I would imagine notoriety is part of it. they shouldn't even show his picture IMOhotroddy
- @hotroddy, should Hitler's name and picture be censored?sofas
- found it, starts about 03:05
- Hitler? Fuck’s sake. One was a man who incited war. Twice. And methodically exterminated 6 million Jews. The other is a old guy who went mental with a gun.face_melter
- Your comparison is moronic at best.face_melter
- So dictatorship notoriety isn't a thing?sofas
- Hitler is always referred to as Hitler. Unless you want to use the name for a child, I'm not sure what your point is. :)monospaced
- @mono, during WW2 there were mass killings, but should we not utter the name of those who initiated them since that might give them notoriety and encouragesofas
- others to follow their path? this could cause exactly the opposite, giving the killers G-D status, or don't say the devil's name cause that will summon himsofas
- the fuck are you asking me for? I'm not making an argument on the matter, just pointing out that your logic is not entirely soundmonospaced
- utter any name you want, i don't give a damnmonospaced
- it was a rhetoric question, didn't mean to upset you, just trying to explain since you said your not sure what my point issofas
- I'm not upset. If your point is that there's some political correct movement to not mention the names, then I'm simply saying it's probably not very strong.monospaced
- I've made my point clear, with several examples. Have a nice day.monospaced
- Thanks, you too :)sofas
It has its merit like any technology, but it is taken to the extreme and used as a mass and personal weapon.
Women complain about men telling them to smile, but were all inflicted by it. So also the "Feminist?" thread.
- relax...it's just tools to break/hack some habits who got installed in common sense during history.uan
- also relates to my post below in that ppl are encouraged to focus on carrying on, rebuilding healing etc. and not investigating circumstancessofas
- Lol @uan :)sofas