- Last post
- 621 Responses
On July 16, 1945, the United States became the first country to successfully detonate an atomic weapon, signalling the beginning of a new era in warfare and in politics. This detonation took place in the middle of the New Mexico desert, with the bomb placed carefully atop a 100 foot tower. The bomb, nicknamed “Gadget”, had a yield equivalent to 20,000 tons of TNT. Just 24 days later, a functionally similar bomb (using Plutonium, unlike the Uranium bomb at Hiroshima) was dropped on Nagasaki.
- Still find it fascinating why the US used the 1st WMD... Japan was about to surrender anyway as Russia was on brink of invading...fadein11
- All those dead inncoents... set the trend for the next 50years of the American empire... but all empires must fall and it is falling.fadein11
- dat US dollar doe! yeah living in Mexico!moldero
- or you could go research some history in stead of asking qbn. well, no matter. hirohito had said that they refuse to surrender untill there is not one person legilgamush
- left to fight. he held that stance after hiroshima as well, aaaand then nagasaki. he for some reason did not heed the potsdam declarationgilgamush
- what an astounding evil to unleash, i get how america is hated for that, the fall of america is going to take another several centuries thoughgilgamush
- Average Empire Duration:
Murikkka's time is numbered!utopian
- The atomic bombs that US dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki had little to do with Japan. They just wanted to show the Soviets the new toy they had.Milan
c'mon folks. Tallahassee if the capital of florida.
- pfft, so fake.detritus
- you think detritus?
1 trillion, obviously an estimate, http://www.universet…bklyndroobeki
- As if I'd believe some website!detritus
- thanks for reminding me scarabin!bklyndroobeki
- detritus just being sarcastic.utopian
- how can it keep it positioned for 4 months when it's rotating around the earth and the earth is rotating around the sun?hotroddy
- we have a telescope that can look a dozen billion light years away and you think getting it pointed the right way is the difficult partterry_cloth
- goo9le geostationary satellites,terry_cloth
- I used to have a telescope and the slightest nudge- you were off by couple hudred miles. the universe is in a spinning tea cup ride so I just don't understandhotroddy
- how it can zero in on 13 billion light yearshotroddy
- ^ ah... hmmmm...bklyndroobeki
- http://vignette4.wik… science bishterry_cloth
- you make a good pt.bklyndroobeki
Census changes could make whites less than 50 percent sooner
The Census Bureau is considering changes to its race and ethnicity questions that would reclassify some minorities who were considered "white" in the past, a move that may speed up the date when America's white population falls below 50 percent.
abogado = lawyer, in spanish....
neither aztec language or avocado...
the more i know...... •__•
Birds can sleep w/ 1 eye open
You are born with about 100,000 scalp hair follicles to start with, but it varies with natural hair color. Blondes have an average of 150,000 hairs, the average redhead has 90,000. Those with black or brown hair average 110,000 to 100,000 hairs.
There are about 5 million hair follicles on the adult human body and men have a few hundred thousand more than women. These follicles are distributed fairly evenly throughout the body, with the exception of our hairless palms and soles.