- Last post
- 621 Responses
The Cavalese cable car disaster of 1998, also called the Strage del Cermis ("Massacre at Cermis") occurred on 3 February 1998, near the Italian town of Cavalese, a ski resort in the Dolomites some 40 km (25 mi) northeast of Trento. Twenty people died when a United States Marine Corps EA-6B Prowler aircraft, while flying lower than regulations allowed in order for the pilots to "have fun" and "take videos of the scenery", cut a cable supporting a gondola of an aerial tramway, causing it to plunge 260 feet to the ground. Joseph Schweitzer, one of the American aircrew, confessed in 2012 that upon return to the American base, he burned the tape that contained incriminating evidence. The pilot, Captain Richard J. Ashby, and his navigator, Captain Joseph Schweitzer, were put on trial in the United States and were found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter and negligent homicide. Later they were found guilty of obstruction of justice and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman for having destroyed a videotape recorded from the plane and were dismissed from the Marine Corps. The disaster, and the subsequent acquittal of the pilots, strained relations between the United States and Italy.
- i never understood people taking a shower in the morning... I prefer to be clean before going to bed. clean up the day, start up the night and next day clean.Bennn
- and if you take a shower at night AND in the morning, its a waste of water and electricity.Bennn
- thanks. I'll take more cold oneshotroddy
- having commuted with the train for years, two showers a day should be fuckn mandatory!!GeorgesII
- got to have a shower in the morning otherwise the start of my day just feels wrongmicrokorg
"Occasionally, the female mantis decapitate the male mantis just before or during mating."
Most of the wasabi served outside of Japan is a mixture of horseradish, mustard and food colouring.
I know we all saw the images of the shitton of baby pandas from a Beijing breeding center. This article explains how we got so much better at breeding pandas in captivity. In short, better medical technology lets us know when is the best time to artificially inseminate the mama panda, and better care for babies lets more of them live. Pandas were recently reclassified from 'endangered' to 'threatened.'
the article: https://www.pandasinternational.…