Going to Amsterdam
- Last post
- 28 Responses
With a bunch of friends.
Hit me with stuff to do. Also, does anyone know where to stay for less than 20€ per night without staying too far from the center?
Or less than 160 per night for 8 people
Maybe an airbnb in De Pijp? Or Oost? 8 people for 160 towards the center probably isn't very feasible. Or how far away is "far".
cabin in the woods?
€ 110,- per night...
airbnb.. but yep, 20 euro a night.. unless you are planning on buying 20 euro worth of news papers and sleeping on the street, you got no hope.
I stayed in a house from airbnb, 40 minutes out of the city by bus and it was still 150 a night between 4 people..
Amsterdam is expensive.. cheapest i have ever found in the city was in a dive hotel with mold on the walls, and it was still 110 a night.. and that was 8 years ago
- yup, 20 a night will not doWeyland
hostels are cheap there, you may find something just around 20euro/night
but are hostels right... so it sucks balls, specially that network of hostels..youth something, they suck major balls
- no way the hostels are that cheap, not even in 2001 when I stayed in them were they that cheapmonospaced
- < yep, hotels are not that cheap - same - I went about 8 years ago and there was nothing that price.fadein11
Also note that drinks, food and tickets are pretty steep compared to most of europe
- Thats because they know most people will have serious case of, THE MUNCHIES.sem
- When I went it was cheaper than London - just avoid tourist traps.fadein11
- it is cheaper than London for sure, London is the worstWeyland
I rented a houseboat, was awesome. 150 a night slept 6.
you have to be careful coming home wasted- falling overboard ;].
Doubt if possible as far as I know...sorry.
I worked in a hotel, painted an hostel, cleaned an apart-hotel.
Met many people working in hostels and hotels and never heard about those prices except for:
Which features a room painted by me in a collab with La Ira/Mon Mort.
If you try hostels maybe your lucky to find something around 25€ a night...
cheap ones here.
We found an 8 bed hostel already which will get us 25€ / night. We're ok with hostels, we're gonna be wasted posted of the time so who cares.. We saw a great house for 400€ / 4 nights total which was perfect except it was already taken for the days we wanted. I know it's not easy to find anything below 25/night, that's why I asked..
- *wasted most of ..ESKEMA
When are you going?
I'm gonna be there next week, from Wednesday on probably till the 10th or 11th.
Maybe we could meet for a beer/spliff...
We did a box of mushrooms and went to the Van Gogh museum.
Highly reccomend it !
- there's no mushrooms anymore. I mean in smartshops. only truffels. but sounds a nice adventure.oey
- oh really? This was 6 years ago. Truffles are good too.set
- 6 years ago you still had
- well yes that much I'm aware of... ? hahaset
- that sounds awesomeESKEMA
- cultured wreckheads hahaset
- yes, better than going to the torture museum after taking mushrooms.oey
- My friend went to see LOTR at the cinema on LSD, said it was the craziest experience ever.sem
- I betset
we're going from 8 to 13 April
- ah!...I guess we won't be discussing feminism together with Georges then...oey
- you already have an idea what you gonna do or/and see?oey
- If you paint I can recommend some spots. And if you drink, I an recommend some spots as well :)oey
- I stopped painting a while ago :/ And yes we drink.ESKEMA
oey, can you recommend a good motel,
if not, fuck it, I'll use airbnb