Tattoo type help
- Last post
- 50 Responses
That tat is going to drive the ladies crazy...
when you get old or fat, it will read "I must be gone and live and die"
Cool, but I think that you should get some shading around it, just so that it doesnt look like someone wrote on you with a sharpie.
- Well, I think it looks cool like that. Colors will eventually change a little bit, no need for shading... (just saying)Maaku
- In a year it will get to a dark grey... After the pain to get this... no more! hahajfletcher
- I miss the painmoldero
Just got it done.... thanks to QBN, I went in a total different direction.
formula provided me with a good font choice.... and dragonfruit posted memento guy, who inspired new placement.... photos will be up in a day or two once it heal.
Thanks all :D
- Pics or it didn't happen!utopian
- I have bandages all over.... wait.
I can post a pic or two of getting itjfletcher
I was thinking about trying to keep the original, but do it really large, like wrapped around my torso... but worried it would still blob/dither... then it's just be a huge blob. Right now I'm keeping it smaller....
like 6 inches x 3 inches is about the size I posted
The was a decent one we used for The Lost Ring. Let me see if I have it.
- oh, I got the fonts, but many of them were 0kb... are they from a Mac? Did I I break the internet? :(jfletcher
- oh, hmm. not sure.instrmntl
- did you have any that were favs? I can go look at them onlinejfletcher
- you have to zip fonts to email them.capn_ron
- he did.... :) when I unzipped them I had issues.... will try again.jfletcher
lots to respond to...
original caligraphy - I loved it, but I can't open it up enough at the size I want to get it to work. The tattooer said within 2 years it would most likely be a blob. Even with this guys chest style...several letters will probably run together in the next few years.... which sucks.
@monNom - I don't see a link to buy the font... I could try to piece it together by hand, but I like the typographic cleanliness.
@set - yeah, Dunlap.
I sort of like the font/script from instrmntl.
...I liked the type based approach if I could do Betsy's. Seeing some tattoo fonts, I wanted something more unique and personal. I like the cleanliness and "type" look of it
I'll have to think some more tonight... appointment is tomorrow, but maybe I'll push it. Don't know.
You should let the tattoo artist design the letters really.
Tattoo types are nice because of their irregularity, the handrawn feeling they have. Designing them on a computer is a mistake IMO.
And if your tattooist can't draw this kind of things, then you'd better find another one.
oh and - post a photo here when you're done - i'm a huge fan of type tattoos :)
i got my first tat 2 months ago, didn't get a type one in the end but looked at loads of typefaces initially. This is a nice option designed by Alejandro Paul especially for skin.
- for me thats far too super cliche tattoo typeset
It looks good to me...go for it mate