- Last post
- 59 Responses
Post songs that make you feel down. You can say why or not.
i'll start with this one
ended a 14-year relationship with a girl somewhat recently whose favorite band was the cure. can't listen to old fat bob anymore :/
- Great album. Definitaly a down vibe.
'Plainsong' is in my top songsBennn
- plainsong blows my mind... been listinging to this album a bit recently... Closedown, Last Dance and Same deep water as you are my current favs :)exador1
- oh man, it's the best cure album! wish i could listen to it again.
@pango: no, my side girl. stilll with pharmagirl, 25 years nowscarabin
- i wouldnt let that happen to me. THE CURE IS MINE! Bitch!pango
- Definitely one of the saddest albums ever made.CyBrainX
- Great album and great vibes. Watch the documentary to re-like fat Rob.SimonFFM
- worst song on the album; the only song I skip...the rest is all pure perfection!Krassy
- @Scarab: What is a side girl? Am I missing something?OBBTKN
- ^ lol yes. Yes you are.garbage
- At one point I recorded a vocal layer for 'same deep water..' but I lost it. I recorded another just now but it not as good :( http://youtu.be/su2N…cherub
- Cool, Cherub!
@OBBTKN: i had an intense relationship with this girl while also in a relationship with pharmagirl, who i also love fiercelyscarabin
- I’ve had poly relationships before but that was the longest. I still think about her every day :/scarabin
- Actual footage of me listening to the cure: https://youtu.be/YAh…scarabin
this is my kinda thread.
On Thee Olde Internet, there was a wonderful site called Ruined Music, I think it was just a blogger.com account. It wasn't necessarily sad songs or records, but rather stories about how songs became sad to someone. Tragic breakup shit, dead pets, missing family. It was this absolutely lovely little cross-section, pre-streaming so it's not like they had youtube clips loaded up or anything, where it really was about being absorbed into why these songs meant something.
I wrote something for it about this song - woulda been nearly 20 years ago at this point.
Good friend who to took his life when we were teenagers favourite song and played at his funeral.
Reminds me of a big break up
Another big break up
This reminds me of when my dad was dying of cancer.
Bad break up song...
I cant listen to this one because i'll just cry like a kid. This song is related to my dad. Long story short, he died from a degenerative disease when i was 17 y-o and this song reminds me the few good time we had when he was still ok.
Why did I start this thread!
I cant believe I was listening to this when I was only 13 years old... its so depressing
Smashing Pumpkins was my favorites band during all my teenage years, and some of their songs like this one surely makes me feel down
the obvious one.
Johny cash's cover of Hurt
This song has a special place in my heart from the early 90's. I went through a painful period in my teen's when I was madly in love with a girl that was in a relationship with a friend of mine. I hear it now and it still brings me back to that place.