- Last post
- 403 Responses
There's a lot more to the new space race than SpaceX, so here's a thread for everything else. And SpaceX too, whatever.
Footage from the recent Sputnik misflight shows how fucked up this business still is, despite how easy some companies are making it look...
"NASA will offer billionaire entrepreneur and physicist Yuri Milner help on the first private deep-space mission: a journey designed to detect life, if it exists, on Saturn’s moon Enceladus, according to documents acquired by New Scientist."
- Not that I want to pick nits — I love, love, love space exploration — but, err ... are the confines of our own solar system really technically deep space?Continuity
- I always though deep space was just interstellar space.Continuity
- I always thought it was everything beyond our Earth-Moon system. I suppose the context will change as the practical extent of our horizons do...Nairn
- ...and may depend upon how much Star Trek one has consumed!Nairn
- Hm, hm. I reckon deep space is outside the solar system, when one has left the Oort cloud.
Kind of like going from a civlised country to, say, Albania.Continuity
- Or the US.Continuity
- Well, give it a couple of hundred years and your definition will be the right one, For now though: https://www.merriam-…Nairn
Will Israel be the fourth country to soft land a device on the Moon?
- Fuck all that. I want someone to send PEOPLE to the moon again, this time with iphones. I want clear pictures and videos of all that shit.Maaku
- there are countless clear photos of the moon, ffs, taken by rovers and satellites over the yearsmonospaced
- negative, they did not have filters Mono. =Pdibec
- Moon selfies would flood instagrammicrokorg
- I was about to post the first video. Nice Youtube Channel, subscribed!Bennn
- I've subscribed to this channel as well.pango
- yeah these guys do an amazing job,_niko
- Those look great but I had to stop watching the first one. That was too depressing. It was like learning about climate change for the first time.CyBrainX