- Last post
- 12 Responses
Can you just use one path and stroke it?
- As in - create one thick path, outline stroke, then stroke thatset
- didn't get a continuous looppinkfloyd
- ^ thisfeel
- expand and then add another stroke?phatwrx
- yeah I do this all the time, then eventually Pathfinder > Unite it againprophetone
- I got a path you can stroke, it curves to the left.futurefood
Make the larger swoops first, then offset negatively?
Make an art brush with three parallel strokes
Or use Freehand...
ok, gonna have to do this manually, thanks!
If you want to keep it editable just make a brush from a pair of parallel lines and set stroke to inside/outside. Will save time doing doing manual work if there are revisions.
I have like 40 layout pages for a website.
can I package or link all files from all documents to only one folder?
- Prob best to embed all images if the source files are spread all over the place?MrT
- actually the source files (images) are already all in the same folder. the font is installed in all computers in client's office.oey
- there's a way!
- ah! mono I thank you but that's not my question. i would like to have all documents packaged to just one folder. same for all instead of each document a packageoey
- would prefer not to embed images. fonts are installed and when client opens document he can link via find font and save.oey
- I think I'm missing something or turning something simple into something complex.oey
- oh ... never heard of thatmonospaced
So I made these Website Wireframes in Illustrator and the client is wondering what to do next as the Programmer has a health issue...
And he needs it done so he was asking if I could do it but I don't have so much time to continue with this project but still I said I would check.
Having all these files which direction would you go now?
- At the least you'll need AI source to export your SVG/PNG/JPEG image assets. But the rest is HTML/CSS.evilpeacock
- I can also export css from illustrator right? and slice everything before exporting, right? I have to check it good cause i don't have much timeoey
- so i can consider to do this gig or not cause actually i'm a bit tired of the work. the client is great but i worked already so many hours on itoey
- and want to start something new and work in other stuff.oey
- you can export css styles from PS, not sure about AI. But building a site is not as simple as exporting from the design program. You will need to get dirty withfadein11
- the code.fadein11
Man...I had told the client that the work I was doing wasn't necessary...
Now he finally realized I could have done everything already either in Muse or Dreamweaver from the beginning...
It feels weird to have to do sort of the same work twice...specially if I don't have the time available.
And I'm not sure if they're willing to pay the right money for the job after they realized that the +40 I did were actually in vain...
any suggestions how to solve this mess?
- Their developer had health issues and couldn't do the job. The answer is simple: get a new developer to do the work. You didn't do anything in vain.monospaced
- I suggest finding someone to do it for them using your wire frames, at a good price.monospaced
- I know mono but he's thinking about doing it himself in Muse. He asked me if I could ask around if someone's willing to do it.oey
- I think you should ask around, and get it off your plate.monospaced
- The fact that you can sort of build a house without a plan does not mean a blueprint isn't necessary. Don't feel bad. You designed it. The build is easy now.monNom