- Last post
- 393 Responses
These are some heavy metal friends of mine. This is their latest project. It includes members of Anaal Nathrak, Selfless and Fuckpig.
Please enjoy their horror film themed metal responsibly.
The album is available on iTunes.
I have always respected As I Lay Dying, as I believe they are the true example of Metalcore. Their last album, edited by Nuclear Blast last week is perhaps the very best of the band so far. This is pretty singular given that their frontman was 6 years in prison, and ended his sentence last year. I thought the album was going to sound like “we are hungry, we hate each other, but we need the bucks”, but instead they put up a fucking masterclass of the genre, and perhaps 2 or 3 of their best tracks, all timer.
- Superbug is a kinda weak IMO but the rest of the album crushes. Might just be the placement at end of side 1, but it kills the momentum of first 2 tracks for meDRIFTMONKEY
- I hear ya—such a short short album—SUPERRRRRRRBUU... ;Pjaylarson
- Woah, fuck yeah. I liked their I'm in you mind fuzz album. Way different.IRNlun6
Nábrók (calqued as necropants, literally "corpse trousers/underpants") are a pair of pants made from the skin of a dead man, which are believed in Icelandic witchcraft to be capable of producing an endless supply of money.
If you want to make your own necropants (literally; nábrók), you have to get permission from a living man to use his skin after his death.
After he has been buried, you must dig up his body and flay the skin of the corpse in one piece from the waist down. As soon as you step into the pants, they will stick to your own skin. A coin must be stolen from a poor widow and placed in the scrotum along with the magical sign, nábrókarstafur, written on a piece of paper. Consequently, the coin will draw money into the scrotum so that it will never be empty, as long as the original coin is not removed. To ensure salvation, the owner has to convince someone else to take ownership of the pants and step into each leg as soon as he gets out of it. The necropants will thus keep the money-gathering nature for generations.
I first heard of sleep through you guys! High on Fire. Forgot he was the guitar player. I was wondering why he looked so familiar!
Big Business, a 2 person band opened and fucking killed it. Their drummer is amazing!
I was just glad to see moshpits aren't dead
Going to see Sleep tomorrow!
Technical master piece -- how the fuck do you 'roar' like that for so long. Tried this morning and my GF nearly called the ambulance
Not metal in the truest sense, but three of my favorites
- At least Cave In & Botch were lumped under the "metallic hardcore" label in the late 90s. I can't recall what ISIS was labeled under.skwiotsmith
- Only reason I call out "...in the truest sense."skwiotsmith
- ISIS are sooo good. Still listen to them all the time. Awesome live band too.Morning_star
- Such tasty!
Beyond Hypothermia was a revelation for me when i was youngerD4W33D
Fresh new single by MAFIA, where I play drums: “Chevette”.
Heavy metal from Uruguay! ImI