- Last post
- 873 Responses
This is the strongest confirmation yet of cosmic inflation theories, which say the universe expanded by 100 trillion trillion times, in less than the blink of an eye.
how is this not a belief system...read the article before commenting please
- theory != beliefhereswhatidid
- It is a belief, but one that can and is constantly challenged and questioned. Just like that in god. SEE YOU IN HELL.MrT
- time then, is not time now. how would a blink of an eye been measured then?Gnash
- ummm, evidence doesn't require belief, it's just facts and evidencemonospaced
- and theories are quite often hard scientic facts... like the theory of gravitymonospaced
- BAM well said, monodoesnotexist
- you know gravity has an effect of but its theory of what exactly it is. bam boo!yayurimon
- repackage that in proper english, yurihereswhatidid
- dude, just because we don't know everything about gravity doesn't make it less realmonospaced
- and don't even start to compare it with religion or belief... gravity is real son, scientifically, unlike godmonospaced
i think mono is winning guys come on
I debated about posting it in conspiracy thread, but because it's now out in the open and approved, I'll put it here
In a new study published in the Journal of Neuroscience, Vanderbilt psychologists Robert Reinhart, a Ph.D. candidate, and Geoffrey Woodman, assistant professor of psychology, show that it is possible to selectively manipulate our ability to learn through the application of a mild electrical current to the brain, and that this effect can be enhanced or depressed depending on the direction of the current.
- philosophy + flashlight = science?Krassy
- So where is the black cat?yurimon
- Lower consciousness + flashlight = see what you want to see.yurimon
- the cat's in schrodinger's box inside a darkroom.pango
- oh wait... nvm ...
- fuck it's not black!pango
- I would say that the flashlight is science itself.monospaced
- i found the cat.ApeRobot
- I would say the flash light is consciousness like the lens. you have dinky flash light you wont see much I reconyurimon
- sounds like yurimon is using metaphysics jargon.hotroddy
- I see an owl.i_monk
sacrifice black cat get familiar demon
Astronomer Says Spiritual Phenomena Exist in Other Dimensions
- Astronomer Believes ...Weyland
- he also claims the existence of paranormal phenomenon... facepalmmonospaced
- Standard religious approach to validity. 1 person agrees with me? Must be true! 999999 disagree? Conspiracy!hereswhatidid
- dude hes a scientist... what kind of secular science crap you are trying to pull. lolyurimon
- he proposes to study it, corresponding to actual multi-dimension theories recognized by science.uan
- makes me want to try dmt now, someone hook it upmoldero
Im not christian but this is for the secular scientist.. :)
- Shouldn't it be called the Shroud of Jesus?ukit2
- So they discovered a different way that crucifixions were performed? Not sure what you're implying, yurihereswhatidid
- I'm not implying anything. its an article.yurimon
- the shroud of turin was officially debunked in the 80sscarabin
- You're such a spineless neocon, yuri, it's incredible.hereswhatidid
- its tempting to label what you cant conceive in your mind programyurimon
- no, it's just noticing you try all the same standard neocon tricks.hereswhatidid
I read about this stuff and gravity still doesnt make real sense to me. When I drop something on the ground, like my cat for example, is something pushing or pulling it down?
Whenever I read about gravity it just talks about it being a natural force. Yeah I get that, but what exactly is it??
I think the best way to make sense of it is mathematically. It lies beyond our everyday sense and deals with space, mass and time.
This is a pretty good analogy:
"It's all about mass and fabric. Every single atom (and most of the sub-atomic particles that make up atoms) has mass. And by mass I mean (grossly oversimplified) the amount of "stuff" in a particle.
When a particle has lots of mass, it actually warps the "fabric" of space around it. To illustrate this, picture a freshly made bed. The sheets are tight around the mattress. That's the "fabric of space". Now, scatter a few marbles on it. If you look closely, you see that each marble dents the fabric a little bit. If you marbles are close to each other, the dent in the fabric that each makes combine and the marbles touch.
Now imagine placing a bowling ball on the bed as well. Bowling balls have a lot of "stuff" in them, so the dent it makes is much bigger! It's so big that a number of marbles are affected by the dent in the fabric, and they slide down the slope towards the bowling ball. (you can't see it, but the bowling ball slides a tiny bit towards the marbles as well)
That's basically what gravity is. Only instead of a 2-dimensional bed, it's a three dimensional bed, it pulls in every direction, not just across a plane."
I think we don't know what gravity exactly is. They are looking into it, but have not found an explanation yet.
There are some theories about it, namely Newton's one and Einstein's one, but no ones knows where it really comes from.
But it's something we experience everyday and we can describe by mathematics, and that's how we use it.
And btw, the cat you dropped is attracted by the earth, but also the earth is attracted by the cat, it's just the difference in mass that makes it look like only the cat is attracted to the earth.