- Last post
- 323 Responses
been meaning to ask you scarabin-do you work exclusively in print? or do you also help with the online/broadcast movie marketing. no particular reason for asking...was just wondering.
^ i do mostly movie posters but often get pulled into cross-promotions between a movie studio and a company that wants to share media buys with them.
so for example i did a mission impossible/coke zero tie-in which included print ads, in-store displays, sweepstakes, and a TV spot. i did the storyboards and someone else put it together. i don't do any editing, though it looks like a lot of fun...
right now i'm working with ninja turtles/pizza hut. i try to get out of doing this sort of thing though because i don't always like the company (microsoft, insurance companies, fuel) or i think the tie-in is ridiculous (the lorax/SUVs)
this thread should be titiled.
scarabin + T&A
Why is everyone harshing scarabins mescaline high?
what was the porn name again? friends
Scarabin helps me track time.
every time the burning man thread resuscitate,
I know a year just went by.
pretty fuckn accurate calendar
you an elvis man?
- no, but not for any good reasonscarabin
- theres more to that. I pulp fiction in a cut out bit mia ask vincent if hes a elvis or a beatles man? apparrently you can tell alot about someone based on there anwsersothere
- tell a lot about someone that way.
- i'm DEFINITELY a beatles manscarabin
Who are your heros?
What if your favorite band?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite color?
i've never had any heros
nine inch nails
a sort of magenta-pink
If you were the President of the USA, what would you do on the first day in office?
• make "space ship one" a thing
• check out the intern scene
• find out what the whole bilderberger thing is all about
• look for secret passages in the white house
in terms of actually productive stuff, you know, the usual. tax the rich, stop outlawing stupidity and start educating instead.
get a bunch of sci-fi writers together and have them brainstorm cool shit to do with all the rich people's money
- i'd use the america thread for referencescarabin
- you have my voteOP31
- you'd stop the outlawing of stupidity? ;)CanHasQBN
- yeah, we outlaw stupid shit that people should simply know to not do but do it anyway because they're stupid. just educate them properly, i sayscarabin
- properly, i say. if they want to ignore common sense and die, let 'emscarabin
- exactly, das what ive been sayinmoldero
How are you?
When did you last hit someone?
- Can you handle weapons?ebertzjaw
- Any sympathy with doomsday preppers?ebertzjaw
- i stabbed a guy with a pen in high school. haven't thrown a punch since elementaryscarabin
- he was calling me some name, i told him i'd stab him if he didn't stop, he continuedscarabin
- i have an "oh shit" pack in my closet with survival supplies and MREs. no bunker or anything thoughscarabin
- i've done some shooting at a firing range and do airsoft so i can use guns. also i'm pretty good with a bo staff :)scarabin
- i took fencing for a couple weeks in texas one summer. it was fun but didn't stickscarabin
Best qbn thread in a long time.
Gotta love the scarabin! :D
Last time you did mushrooms?
Can u find mushrooms?
Done DMT yet?
Pink or Fuschia if you had to chose.
(Both can be coupled with black.)
What can you tell me about Hermeticism? Seriously
would you like to take us to the desert and cohost the official QBN Bath Salts Survival Edition '12?
did shrooms from my own batch last year. i like to know the ins and outs of my vices (same reason i brewed some beer earlier this year) so i grew around an ounce for personal use. i could track some down but i hate the taste so i use acid instead.
i tried DMT for the first time in february with some girls during a sleepover. they didn't have much luck with it (one of them was snorting it, don't ask me why) but i totally blasted off. have a few hits left but haven't really felt motivated to experiment further for whatever reason. also did some trading at a festival last weekend and picked up some 4-aco-dmt, which is actually acetylated psilosin and is more like a mushroom pill than the 5-meo-dmt i tried earlier.
fuschia. this color:
it depends on what you want to know. i wouldn't sit here and try to download the whole hermeticism thing into you, it's just too much information and i wouldn't know where to start. it's outdated stuff anyway and i'm not sure why you'd be interested outside of a simple historical interest. the biggest thing you can take away from hermeticism though is their use of symbology. everything stands for something else and nothing is what it appears to be. knowing the relationships between symbols is valuable because you can apply those same logical metaphors/formulae to other things in life. as above, so below, they say, like fractal mathematics. but you can get the same result studying chess or anything else you focus on. quabbalah is the same in that regard. quabbalah is a system for sorting and categorizing every fucking thing you can think about. by studying the tree of life you learn how these things interrelate. at some point the OTO and other magickal orders say you face (and potentially cross) the abyss, which basically means that you go stark fucking mad from trying to comprehend it all, and then suddenly it all suddenly makes sense. if you don't make it across you've just wasted your life categorizing shit for no real reason and you go insane or whatever.
personally, i've come to realize it's a waste of time. i learn the same shit through observation and living life, expanding your mind enough to be able to see the larger picture and see how the same things are happening on different scales and in other situations.