- Last post
- 89 Responses
this thread has changed all plans for the rest of my day.
*switches from rambling Joni Mitchell epic (Don Juan's Reckless Daughter) to Coltrane (A Love Supreme)...
Just got a bottle of George Dickel's Finest Sippin' Whisky AND a bottle of Oban. Half a bottle of Laphroaig still in the cabinet. It's cold in NYC all of a sudden so all the better.
- that jameson was overpriced i thoughtsublocked
- All 3 are worth their price to me.teh
- when one of us got married, the boys would chip in and buy a bottle of blue labelexador1
- which could only be opened upon the birth of our first child.
has been a very nice tradition :)exador1
- Nice exidor! Blue Label is my happy hour shot on Fridays!teh
Suntorys Hibiki is a personal favorite. A go-to whisky. Lotsa flavour, not too smokey. And about half the price here compared to everywhere else.
Anyways. I have gone through some more Scottish islands.
The isle of Jura may not be that famous but some of their whiskies are fantastic.
Got their pricier 16 year old. Peated. Hard to drink. But their cheaper, 10 year old hits all the right notes imho.
Pairs well with mid-heavy cigars. Hoyo-ish.
I wish I could get some of these in Aus : (