US $ notes redesign
- Last post
- 27 Responses
Quite interesting approach. Just wondering if that would be possible just as a very limited edition.
pff.. they have no sense of worth. the bastard offspring of old book covers and luncheon vouchers
I would like to see one with Marilyn Monroe ;)
The thinking behind this was nice, but I thought it was student work until I realized it was a studio. I think the execution could be a lot better, along the lines of these: http://www.snb.ch/en/iabout/cash…
- True. I remember doing this project in school. I do like see the visual of the money in wallet and atm.74LEO
sizing and positioning concepts are good. design is amateur, looks like a brochure. not illustrative enough. looks like it would come out of a laser printer.
sadly, its the best design out of all of them.
- ouch, the others are pretty bad, but the first prize is... 1x 16gb Apple iPad -OR- $500 Cash (you choose)sseo
- it shows how much the americans value their money?maikel
My first impression was - these look like posters, different size is nice (like Euro)
- + 1 $maikel
- I agreeDowling
- deal with itbulletfactory
the $20 bill is completely off, illustration-wise.
Also, no fokin' reference to computers or inet or even telephone as 20th century stuff? OMFG
For the rest, all nice, clean and... Swiss. It looks like everything but a note...
"The Dollar ReDe$ign Project hopes to bring about change for everyone. We want to rebrand the US Dollar, rebuild financial confidence and revive our failing economy".
Typically effete, liberal creative response.
Get real jobs, guys.
On a serious note - do these schmucks really think it's a good idea to add a partisan graphic element (the Change logo) to a federal note?.
I'd've thought the perfect response to the brief would be to go with some dynamic representation, where the value of the currency is printed in e-Ink - so you can see the devaluation of your mother money in real time, as the pyramid top leaches away the future's profit. MIght sound expensive now - but look at how many times Zimbabwe's had to reprint its currency these last few years...
- In fact - get rid of bills altogether. The promise of credit's where it's at - fiat universal.detritus
- (just ignore the APR)detritus
- competition is still on, submit that and you winsseo
I have to agree that this is a load of horseshit. The sort of thing that makes people think designers are a useless waste of money — and they may be right.
Just wondering - who actually designs/designed notes that we currently use. When I saw this - http://www.snb.ch/en/iabout/cash… - just laughed at 1000 bill - it looks like a LOL cube; and the black-to transparent gradient makes them look poor if not to say....childish.
- That was a compo and it tells you right there who 'designed it - Krebs Manuel.detritus
- Honestly if I had a 1000 bill, I wouldn't care if there was a picture of Palin on itsseo
- lol detritus, I was thinking the same thingmonospaced
I just realised one thing - don't we use more and more "electronic" money? Right now, for almost everything you can pay by using debit/credit card. If the current design works, why fix it. The brand new design will not increase US or other countries credibility nor increase the value / rebuild the confidence.
- your mom only takes cashmonospaced
- monospaced - would you care to elaborate?303
its nice but it doesn't look like money to me
I've been saying for a long time we should move towards getting rid of paper receipts. Imagine how much retail stores would save by not having to spend on all that paper.