- Last post
- 33 Responses
Congratulations on the new studio, Kiggen!
Congrats, Bart - and best wishes.
why use flash for the menu ?
- is that flash? i didn't know hahaKiggen
- Its sIFR replacement afaik.ximeraLabs
- the what and the who now?Kiggen
- why does it sucks?smpl
- low resolution, looks bad.spraycan
- I think it's the font thats the problem, something to think of in the future thensmpl
Thanks, the other side, Helmer is also on QBN under smpl, mostly a lurker tho'
where do you work now? italy?
why do you label things 'Art Direction' which are not? it's especially misleading with the fashion photogs website--unless of course you were 'Art Directing' on shoots? feels unnecessary / amateurish
- < —index
- sour grapesKiggen
- honest questionfrancoisfido
- give your manipulation some character, or present your work honestly--everybody is an 'art director' if they just type it out.francoisfido
- < — !!
— be rational
— not pretentiousindex
- Not an art direction, art direction, there is a big difference. If you know me a bit, i'm not fond of titlesKiggen
- not art director, art direction.
- be honest--there is no difference. explaining agency hierarchy is not necessary, an art director is a designer.francoisfido
- maybe you could explain on your site what you mean by the titles you're so un-fond of...francoisfido
- there is a big difference, but you are always so stubborn that only your opinion mattersKiggen
- i'm also curious what the difference is, you could type it out below and perhaps i can tell you if i'm any less confused?francoisfido
- you know what nick, go to some more 'art' work at rietveld. I only see you here to bitch aboutKiggen
- other peoples workKiggen
- am i the one bitching?francoisfido
- <— francois is being rational. good points.index
- haha this is funnysmpl
art directior: a job with a clear hierarchy.
art direction: the art direction of a site, of a magazine, of corporate borchure, doing the not the design but the overall logic, the way the work is presented...
- if people are confused, see frankiefido post.Kiggen
- 'overall logic, the way the work is presented' = designfrancoisfido
- Thats your opinion than...Kiggen
- then what do you define as 'design', in the context of how you use the term across your site?francoisfido
- Design = making the art direction happen.jamble
- < sums up my skepticism. if you're 'art directing' and 'designing' both, why confuse the issue in terms?francoisfido
it is art & design direction, it does not say we did the art direction on the shoots? now does it? so what is misleading about that? I did the design, and helped with the selection of the photography shown...
- simple question: what is the difference between 'art direction' and 'design direction'?francoisfido
- art direction is also concept. design is just design. what is so misleading about that?smpl
- 'design is just design' -- i concede this is as far as we'll get. good luck with your new studio...francoisfido
Good stuff guys!
My only comments would be that the tag cloud at the bottom of the pages looks a bit unhappy. Same goes for the tags on the projects (a lot of them, I feel, are not necessary).
Oh, and a few slightly larger images of the work would be nice.
Now go forth and art-not-direct!
nice work Bart!
Amazingly sparse portfolio, considering you have two designer's bodies of work to choose from.
Makes me think you two are recent graduates or don't have much experience.
- uhm, molenberg natie is the biggest trader in belgiumKiggen
- urban capital one of the biggest real estage agenciesKiggen
- and indo-euro is for the indian diamond council led by the minister of economicsKiggen
- not really student projectsKiggen
- haha you think this it? hahasmpl
good, i see some more work is up.
Can't wait to start internship there! LOL
@fibonacci: I don't think it's really fair to show work that the team didn't do. Especially if there were other people NOT at the agency involved in said work.
does nick even do anything creative? i don't think anyone has ever seen his work and didn't he move to amsterdamn just to fry what little brain cells he has left?