- Last post
- 567 Responses
Looking forward to the summer when I can finally get off this rock and ride through Europe again. Took my Tiger to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza last year. Two days of solid rain there was pretty miserable but it was glorious sunshine riding back through the Alps. This is on the French side of the Mont Blanc Tunnel.
I love my BMW GS but I want a second bike. I want a naked 4-cyl that is not too heavy and just there to move me around quickly.
I had a Hornet 600 but it was too small for me, so this one is out. Thinking of the new CB1000R but I want something cheaper (used).
BMW S1000R would be cool or a Z900. What's your stripped favorite?
@Mekk, I own ALOT of bikes. I think Necromation might be the only one here who wouldn't accuse me of having a serious problem. That being said, my Triumph Street Triple R has to be my all time favorite naked bike in the range you're looking for. (albeit 3 cyl not 4). You can pick a used 2nd or 3rd gen up for a reasonable price and the motors are bulletproof.
- @mekk, granted it's a 675 and not a liter like you mentioned but it has power for days and you can slice through traffic like a hot knife.GM278
- a 2005 era speed triple would be cool too. such a cool bike.dyspl
- I can confirm, i see no problem here... just a man who spends his money wisely ;)necromation
I haven't tried it, but if I had extra money for a bike, I'd try the cb1100s from honda :
it's more on the heavier side (but riding smooth on the torque can be cool too), but you can find it cheap brand new, as dealers seems to have difficulties selling it. it might be worth giving it a try.
and you can turn it into something pretty cool :
- no qbn sticker?imbecile
- QBN ain't payin' his bills!BonSeff
- ^This. Stickers are for companies that support my insanity. Nasa is the exception but I worked there and this bike is a rocket! :PGM278
- the nasa one made me say it! :Dimbecile
- dope, & Dunlop FTW, loved the 208's broke both my shoulders on 207GP's in a rain race at buttonwillow turn 3 or 4 though, didnt know their profile was so steepmoldero
- god damn i miss this shitmoldero
- take a lap for me brother!!moldero
- They gave me some Ntec slicks to play with. I like them A LOT.GM278
- I never ran slicks, must be awesomemoldero
- I also run Pirelli Diablo Superbike slicks....which I can't say anything negative about.GM278
- Modly, you NEED to do a session on slicks. You'll never run a street tire on your track bike again. You're not too far from TX...cmon out!!!GM278
- I wish, sold all my bikes to get a house in SF, then I lost the fucking thing during the crash while i was/am living in Mexicomoldero
- Still have all your gear, Modly? I'm sure we can find you a ride for a weekend.GM278
- i made the mistake of keeping my alpine star leathers in my 12' trailer down here in the heat, they about disintegrated, no more leathers w/ plastic on them 4memoldero
- Sweet bikeDillinger
- I noticed the 2 strokes are making a comeback. some nice vintage ones aroundDillinger
My next 80's project is a 1989 CR125 I picked up on CL for $700. No dents in the stock pipe, and the tires are stock and bald. Guy said it had been sitting for 15yrs or so. I was skeptical until I removed the seat and saw the corroded air filter. Its in great shape and is going to make a great restoration project. Wet sanding the tank is going to be a beating though. This model was my first "big bike" back in the day coming off minis. The only mod I want to make on it is upgrade the front suspension, wheel and brakes to upside down forks off a 2010 and up Honda.
So far I have a 1986 JR50, 1987 KX60 and this. My wife thinks I am nuts.
Not a bike, but this race series in the US has some seriously awesome races. Wish this would get more popular in the states.
Been seriously looking at the Energica Ego. The specs are pretty impressive:
- Nice! you know prices?necromation
- Yeah. Dealership here said 35K...told them I'd let them know when I win the lottery.GM278
- But a charge time of 30 min and the performance specs harken positive things to come from the ebike industryGM278
- 35k... Yeah, that's a lottery bike. When you have enough money to start thinking about the quality of your coke and hookers... Time to go premium!necromation
My mate Walid, owner of Bad Winners - Customs in Paris was asked to customise two new Ducati Scramblers by Ducati France.
You have one 1100 Scrambler and one 800 Scrambler that has been stripped and heavily modded (body work and full engine rebuild to remove most of the electrics) for flattracking. Beautiful
- Beautiful bike, lackluster performance.GM278
- Yeah, you have to spend at least 8k to make it spicy.it's what my mate had to do. The boxer engine was weird too, it would pull to throttle side on accelerationnecromation
- Got to admit I didn't even looked the stats. Not shopping for a bike but it's a beauty.sephil