- Last post
- 19 Responses
were did the thread go. can we do another one?
feel free to start one!
I think we could start a new one if more than 15 people could join. Assume some would like some rest so who knows if we can reach 15 people.
If people are willing to start a new one, count me in...
I'd be up for another!
me too. but fuck that pile of garbage they call the nike+ wristband (ie. the thing that you need to use if you don't have a nano).
i bought the wristband less than 8 months ago and my lcd display is completely shot. it kinda pisses me off. the design of it is entirely fucked with the negative space lcd read. what were they thinking with that?!
am i the only one? or is there others with the same problem? i plug my wristband piece into the usb, and i can clearly read it says "CHRG" or whatever meaning charging. but the second i unplug it, the lcd is all black (which means that it is obviously on), but then it just stays like that...or it just fades out. so damn annoying! it made me drop out of the last challenge because i was unable to log any actual miles! BAH!
- i hear ya. i have only heard bad things about it.akrokdesign
- no doubt, its probably shit.
But I don't know about using as an excuse for you not running...styleplus
- nah man. no excuse. i'm still running, but i just have no way to log my mileage on the nike+ site...unless i buy a new one :\lvl_13
- so far I havent had any problems..but they have been recalled,,you should check out the nikeplus forum...about trading your watch for the new one coming out supposedly this summer.whyte39
- trading your watch in for the new one supposedly coming out this summerwhyte39
and to make a second post in a row about the fail factor of the nike+ wristband. why the fuck wouldn't they put a light on the wristband lcd?? i run at night a fair amount, and it makes the display impossible to read! ridiculous!
- well that explains why it was that cheap.VectorMasked
- cheap is a relative term in this case. $50 for a pedometer (more or less) is actually pretty damn expensivelvl_13
- and regardless of the cost, an lcd display should not go dead in less than 8 months. i have a casio calc. watch that has lasted forever! $29 FTWlvl_13
- lasted forever, and is still going strong! that pile only cost $29!lvl_13
I agree with the back light.
I will join in a few weeks. Doing a Half Marathon in September so I might stack in some K's.
I was to drunk for the whole of the BH weekend so I missed out on 3rd spot:(
great. lets wait for some more people to stack up and bump this then
I didn't run a lot in the last one either, and I didn't log all of the runs that I did. I'm all for an other challenge
so that all of you may receive a proper spanking
i'm in for the next one.
still can't run more than 5k per run, and not more often than 1/3days.
Is it absolutely necessary to use the nike+ thing? I usually map my run on walkjogrun.net .
I'm down if i can just log this manually.
- I don't trust you not to cheat, dude. But even if I did, I don't think it's possible to log runs manually.styleplus
- < Congrats!! you have made the most ridiculous suggestion todayDancer
- nope. not possible without the +.
i'm in the same boat as you.lvl_13
- so you'll trust me if i spend £20 on a nike + ?? what stops me calibrating it wrong to increase my distance?agentfour
- what are we talking about here? boardgames or jogging?erikjonsson
is there another one starting soon? i recently poichased the ol' thing and think its awesome, when 2 great products collide!
ok i havn't been involved in any of the nike plus things before but want to. i dont have a nano with the sensor thing. and the wristbands suck ass right?
i think i will carry a roll of string around with me on my runs and measure it. then upload the distances like so. magik.
I got a cold at the end of last one, but I'm in for the next challenge.
I'm in! Softball is over and I have to start running or being a bartender is going to suck all the life out of me
I'm up for it in a week or 2.
Wristband is fine,,, if you have one that works.
I am in, training for another half; so this will keep me motivated.