- Last post
- 25 Responses
Just got my tickets to the last show of the tour in Florida of all places...they haven't been here in about 15 years.
I'm gonna headbang like it's 1985 yo!
up the irons!!!
good on you!
i cant believe they are closing the show in florida...
Maiden in America's Wang!!!
^ haha....well they were gonna end in Brazil...but they have their own Boeing 767 which Bruce flies himself....plus the drummer lives here..so I guess they are dropping him off and decided to play one more show
how do you fly a plane while while banging groupies and doing mounds of blow? I'd definitely hire a pilot!
someone please post a youtube video. Preferably "Number of the Beast".
- <-- or Hallowed be thy nameIRNlun6
- I use to know that entire into..."woe to ye oh earth and sun...."fooler2
- woe to you O earth and sea...for the devil sends the beast with wrath, beacause he knows the time is short. Let him who hath understandingmarychain
- who hath understanding reackon the number of the beast...for it is a human number. It's number is six hundred and sixty sixmarychain
- hundred and sixty six.
at least that's how I rememember it.marychain
Maiden fucking rules. One of the true global bands. I hate indie hipsters who dismiss metal. Metal was THE first indie music, arguably traced to the Mc5 and the Stooges through Sabbath, Purple and Zep and onward. The mainstream music press up until maybe the late 80's completely shat on metal. Fuck Zeppelin only appeared on the cover of Rollnig Stone for the first time in 2008. Ditto for AC/DC. Anyone born after 1989 might not realize it, but metal was never as easily available or as much part of the culture like it was before that. Now it's like Metallica has it's own Rock Band version and shit...but back in the late 70's early 80's? Forget it.
And I just watched a documentary "Get Thrashed" about the thrash metal scene in the early 80's and Scott Ian from Anthrax said something very true. He said that back in the early 90's all the metal bands - them, Slayer, Megadeth, etc. all helped out all the grunge bands by bringing them out on the road. A year later, the grunge bands were all in the press saying "Oh fuck stupid metal bands..." It was ridiculous. I remember it. Well, revenge best served cold and all that I suppose.
Honestly, all the metal musicians I know have the widest tastes in music. I was at my friends house the other day whose a touring metal guy and we're just playing each other shit and he's dropping some jazz, some female folk, etc. on top of whatever was metal. I hang out with hipsters and they just hate on everything except whatever lightweight crap it is they listen to...
ah never mind..anyway - MAIDEN!!!
- True, the few metal heads I know are strangely open to many genres.waterhouse
- this right here...it's all true
every damn wordmarychain
- If it's so great, how come none of the pretty chicks go to metal shows?boobs
- you are out of your mind...TheBIueOne
- so "pretty chick count" is what determines your taste in music...wow..TheBIueOne
- 100% with you BlueOne...couldn't agree more with every single thing you said.exador1
Are you going to take you daughter to the slaughter?
I lost interest after Piece of Mind, when was that '86?
saw them last year. they put on a great show.
I never heard a song of them in my life
That video in bagalore is awesome! woo MAIDEN!