- Last post
- 2,230 Responses
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
- Abraham Lincoln
Fuckin' Abe had it figured out long before NT's bits displayed our useless arguments.
*come out come out where ever you are little pony.
"Atheists are morons" – take it from there, Morning_star.
All religious people are stupid and should be burned for not believing in science
_ Neil De Dawkins Sagan
From a purely logical argument the only sane stance with regard to God, god or GOD is one of agnosticism.
- you're saying that believing "maybe" mythical powers exist is more sane than saying they don't at all?monospaced
- yeah, monospaced it's actually more valid, long time ago someone believed the earth wasn't the center of the galaxy..GeorgesII
- You would probably the kind who said it wasn't possible, can't believe in something can't prove right?GeorgesII
- but evidence has, and always has, pointed that the sun is the center, despite RIDICULOUSLY STUPID religious beliefsmonospaced
- I am partly of that group, Georges, but not entirelymonospaced
- You're saying it now that science has proven it, go say it to Giordano bruno...GeorgesII
- I'm so sick of the argument that science is obligated to disprove God. It's like trying to disprove Santa Claus and flying reindeer.monospaced
- you are so smart and stuff,
keep it upGeorgesII
- I'm actually really, REALLY stupid. Just ask doctor Horp. She has diagnosed me with severe autism.monospaced
- Horp is a right bitchy cow.moniker
- Saying that 'god' doesn't exist is just as stupid and misinformed as saying it does exist....set
- You have no clue one way or the other, you silly monocunt.set
- In my opinion though God in the Christian belief is highly unlikely...set
- okay, setmonospaced
- Hey now. Play nicely.Horp
- < God told me to tell you that.Horp
Believe what you want....just don't start killing people for it.
And it’s odd that the word atheist even exists. I don’t play golf. Is there a word for non-golf players? Do non-golf players gather and strategize? Do non-skiers have a word and come together and talk about the fact that they don’t ski? I don’t—I can’t do that. I can’t gather around and talk about how much everybody in the room doesn’t believe in God. I just don’t—I don’t have the energy for that
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
No, you can't prove it like with science,
you know fuckn tube and internet and space and I'm a atheist, and i'm black + I have two dads
your point is invalid
atheist and proud
science and religion have been hand and hand since the study of the universe is the study of our limits, which invokes one's beliefs
- @Mono, maybe this will help.plash
- more subjective opinion being distributed as fact, the noise that is your input is quickly fadingalbums
most atheist just want to be seen as the light, when most of them just rehash what they read in the god delusionGeorgesII
- i dont understand why atheist care what others believeplash
- because those other people KILL for their beliefs, that's whymonospaced
- so atheist dont have the motivation? history is written by the victor. laws are made by those who show up.plash
- as if science doesn't have a death count. monospace wake up!antagonlsta
- nobody's killing theists in the name of atheism or sciencemonospaced
- he's not an atheist, just listened to a Walking Up podcast with Sam Harris and him talking about it and laughing about it.vero_vandal
You're either an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist. One is a statement of knowledge (having or not having), the other of belief (having or not having).
can't wait for someone to say he's Buddhist ehehhe
Buddhists are pretty much atheists.
- I know, it's funny.monospaced
- nah, I'm laughing because you don't seem to know they are branches in buddhism and thousands of sub branches..GeorgesII
- I do understand the branches, but at the fundamental level, they are naturalists in many waysmonospaced
- the original few buddhist branches were atheists. but people couldnt resist to have a god figur to war shippango
- the statue of Buddha came much later than the symbol wheel.pango
- the human like figure distracts the teaching.pango
"you're saying that believing "maybe" mythical powers exist is more sane than saying they don't at all?"
Did you know the 'proven' existence of the Higgs Boson is a maybe?
Did you know that the speed of light, a 'universal constant' fluctuates?
Given that these two fundamental 'truths' (according to scientists) are best guesses, 'maybe' seems appropriate.
Do you have free will?
- I totally understand this, and I have "faith" that science will sort it out. But thinking a "god" controls this is not gonna happenmonospaced
- did you KNOW that science constantly questions itself? if you don't, then stop implying it doesn'tmonospaced
- monospaced did you know my "free will" will prevent gravity from affecting me if I refuse to believe it?albums
- I did, albums!monospaced
- That's pretty moronic. Do you think free will exists?Morning_star
needs more "delete this thread"