The Healthy Thread
- Last post
- 483 Responses
Been eating almonds. Thinking they are good healthy snack, especially when slammed with work and finding time to at least not eat rubbish.
100g = 587calories.
This is the equivalent to 2 Big Macs.
Holy shit. No more almonds for me.
- just do 50g almonds + 50g 88% chocolate, much healthier...robotron3k
- Those are 500 calories are good ones, though.Gnash
- applies to all nutsdrgs
- there's more to it than that. The physica structure of nuts is such that it's very hard to break down and digest, so you're not really getting all thosezarkonite
- calories. It slows down your digestion as well so it'll let your system have more time to absorb what it needs. You can read more science here:zarkonite
(Married to a dr of nutrition, I've been brainwashed with this stuff)zarkonite
- "... epidemiologic studies and clinical trials suggest that regular nut consumption is unlikely to contribute to obesity and may even help in weight loss."zarkonite
- This is a sweet table summary of health outcomes: https://www.ncbi.nlm…zarkonite
- not all calories are created equalimbecile
- +1 imbecile. Almonds aren’t nuts either!MrT
- thanks for this info!inteliboy