- Last post
- 3,334 Responses
House unanimously passes bill to allow 9/11 lawsuits against Saudi Arabia
- Allahu Akbarutopian
- Does this mean no more money for Clinton and Bush clansDillinger
- I like the need to post pic #2. Sue SA but not the US government for not being able to protect us. Ghey!!!teh
- Is that Hillary's blog?Maaku
- given the house is completely filled with fucking nuttersjaylarson
- great to see our taxpayer dollars hard at work, surely this was something that will benefit us allformed
- what? was Saudi even involved?pango
- @pango most of them were Saudimoldero
- I hope the Saudis ask for some evidence. There isn't much. "we found his passport in the rubble!"nuggler
- whats the meaning in those jackets?mugwart
- ..."deep throat"robotron3k
- Kind of sad for the person whose arm is included lolyuekit
- that's my arm, i swear.moldero
- pretty sure Time lost their 'Person of the Year' credibility after awarding Hitler twicebliznutty
- I take the arm as representing people that can't or choose not to show their faces.elahon
- credibility? in 1938, Hitler most definitely was the person with the "greatest impact on the news, for good or ill"monospaced
- nice take elahonimbecile
- time's statement on hitler in 1938... “greatest threatening force that the democratic, freedom-loving world faces today.”imbecile
- Funny how the super big female Hollywood stars are dead silent.robotron3k
- I find this very offensive to people without arms.rabattski
- lol rabattski and I agree robotronSunSunSun_
- dipshit trolls, some of the highest paid women are speaking up and out.imbecile
- @imbecile - there are loads that had a lot to do with Weinstein that haven't said a word...SunSunSun_
- Actually some of the ones I was thinking of have now come out... just did a check...SunSunSun_
- I am seriously in favour of this cover BTWSunSunSun_
- so what is your complaint again? that a possible victim hasn't come forward to make you feel better?imbecile
- i see that you took some time to read, finding new information. nice.imbecile
- dude, why the vehemence? And why would that make me feel better? I'm not complainingSunSunSun_
- And acknowledging that some high paid actresses would rather not talk about their dealings with himSunSunSun_
- robo seriously, without doubt, thinks that any successful woman must have pleased a man like a whore ... that's how misogynistic he ismonospaced
- he can't even imagine that a woman might rise to success on the merits of her own professional effort and talent, and of course can't be leadersmonospaced
lol... fired by your own company you abusive fuck...
Harvey Weinstein Terminated from Weinstein Company
- normally, the late-night hosts would be all over a guy like this. crickets, though.Gnash
- yeah—I wonder if they'll unload on the guy now that he's been officially ousted and they've nothing to worry about (which should really reveal their hypocrisy)PonyBoy
- Harvey Weinstein is a Clinton friend and donor. What a disgusting pig!omg
- Yeah omg ... seen pics of him chumming up to your gaping Retard of a President and his family.Ramanisky2
- Trump has both his arms full in those photos, unlike Hillary with two hands on his heart! Sick
- she's going for his throat, omgPonyBoy
- keep supporting your racist pussy grabbing gaping fucktard of a President.Ramanisky2
- keep supporting your pervert friend and fake feminist Harvey Weinstein. So classy.omg
- Bwahaha ... good oneRamanisky2
- hey Michelle: https://www.youtube.…sureshot
- lol you guisesureshot
- haha omg got ownedinteliboy
- What the hell's the point of being a Hollywood mogul if not to take advantage of wanton degenerate shiksa?detritus
- ^ exactly. same with bill clinton.Gnash
The End of Jeff Amazons hype.
1 Bill Gates $90.8B -$167M
2 Jeff Bezos $89.8B +$1.01B
*should PS the BFG into a Ghosbuster costumedetritus
- there should be a forbes list of who's given the most away to charityGnash
- Does the Clinton Foundation count as a charity? I imagine other charities are also just a piggy bank for the rich.instrmntl
- ikea is a non-profit organization lolsted
- That was a close one, folks. Pack it in.DRIFTMONKEY
Canadian baby 'first without gender designation' on health card
- "The family's lawyer, barbara findlay, who chooses to spell her name without capital letters..."Gnash
- hahahahaha, we're fucked.detritus
- Oh dearset
- gnash and his total obsession with gender.fadein11
- fadein, and his predictable hyperbolic commentaryGnash
- It's the specified non-capitalisation of the name that's the beautiful clincher here.detritus
- I mean, I do that - I've signed off emails with a lower case initial letter for years, but fuck if I think that's 'a thing'. Crazy to specify.detritus
- does emasculation count as gender redefinition? It's out of control.Fax_Benson
- although this is a bit fucked up. (S)he's turned the weans against us/them/him/her future selfFax_Benson
- Yeah, let's see how that works out.detritus
- Start a gender thread dude. This is non news of the day :)fadein11
- Dunno, seems fairly newsworthy to me, being a first.detritus
- of course it's news. fadein just likes to signal his wokeness every chance he getsGnash
- Welcome to the futureBennn
- Is that her mom or dad? Is that a chick with a beard? Wtf?_niko
- Oh I see the parent is confused as well and wants the child to decide what it is later in life. So the baby could grow up to be a unicorn for all we know._niko
- Or maybe a mermaid or a merman or some shit? I guess it's all valid, you are what you feel you are apparently._niko
- Like if I feel that I'm the messiah, I have the right to demand that you all address me as "lord and saviour" otherwise I'll be extremely offended and violated._niko
- Yes yes. Our world is about to go apocalyptic in about a month because a baby doesn't have gender on health card.pango
- Hahaha what on earth is your problem fadein? On your vindictive personal crusades again irrespective of content I see...set
- Since this picture and story was posted, the world still turned and will continue to do so.face_melter
- I identify as a potato and therefore cannot be held to the laws of man.set
- I called it! Potato! :Dpango
- who. gives. a. fuck. so much attention is given to a tiny tiny group of people.inteliboy
- What ze fukimbecile
- @set - sticking your oar in again I see, silly little boy.fadein11
- who cares. no different than the parents who say "Oh, my infant prefers to be vegan" or "My infant does crossfit" shit.kona
- Attn: zarb0zmoldero
- No motivation for you!pablo28
- as described in the song Longview by Greendaysarahfailin
- Germans must have very small brains...robotron3k
- but their dicks got biggerdopepope
- lol. science.dbloc
- zarb0z can't read and does not visit the design related threads.utopian
- I'm the exception that proves the rule. Lol.SimonFFM
Swiss town denies passport to Dutch vegan because she is ‘too annoying’
- ahahah :Dsted
- lol awesome_niko
- now if they can only do the same for crossfiters and vapers lol_niko
- Lol came here to post this,
Enough with the buffoonery eheheGeorgesII
- Seems fair, she is wearing a cow bell.slappy
- If she stays vegan for a few more decades she will look even more like a St. Bernard and they may exempt her.BustySaintClaire
- very fuckable for her agedrgs
JWT Becomes the First Ad Agency to Collaborate Directly With Black Lives Matter
The official Black Lives Matter organization has entered into a strategic and creative partnership with J. Walter Thompson New York, marking the first such pairing on a formal assignment. The relationship kicked off with the beta launch of Backing Black Business (https://www.backingblackbusines... a web tool that lets users discover black-owned small businesses throughout the country.
- funky link in post: https://www.backingb…whatthefunk
- #Blacklivesmatter chants for dead cops
- ha, that didn't take long, right on cue...whatthefunk
- Lol .I wonder how many people will use it to make sure the business they're thinking of dealing with isn't run by black peopleset
- marlu da kang is face palming in his grave at the self segregation that is in style latelyterry_cloth
- i really hate when quote marks aren't accounted for when centering textGnash
- same @Gnashsinjun
- also, communities have been doing this for years with local directories and newspapers.Gnash
- more disturbing is commodification of virtue. it will become just another licensing org.Gnash
- Damn, there's no black business owners in Lisbon.ESKEMA
- Why is it that 99% of people that criticize BLM aren't black?jaylarson
- That's a pretty cool stat you made up there dumb assterry_cloth
- nothing quite triggers like a white man being called racistjaylarson
- yeah jay, it's totally not racist assuming we're all dindus, sigh..GeorgesII
- The understanding should go beyond "mapping". Btw mapping could have these business' become targets of crime - which was heavy in PNWbklyndroobeki
- Gnash that's true, and a little bit of technology has been used (google drive in community) btw Anyone know what font that is?bklyndroobeki
Watch This Guy Steal Bucket With $1.6 Million In Gold Flakes From Armored Truck in NYC
- Amazing! Out of a Loomis no less. Ballsy as hell.instrmntl
- This man for Presidentedetritus
- Big Brother is watching you! #surveillancepablo28
- Someone is getting firedset
- lol this is awesome!sureshot
- Ladron que roba a ladron tiene 100 años de perdon. Good for him.Maaku
- Should shave his head and grow a beard for a year or two.Maaku
- where the fuck would you get rid of fucking goldflakes? he is getting caught the minute he hits a 7/11 for sureMiguex
- He's wearing a maskdbloc
He need to store his gold flakes at Fort Knox.sureshot
- Melt them down, cast own knob, recast gold. Sorted.set
- yup. I wanted to say that as well. But I chose for my shitty joke instead.sureshot
- The guy probably thought it was a bucket of quarters. Jokes on him with it being gold.kona
- Saw this. People are going mental trying to work out what it's for - Wikileaks dead switch, encryption key for a new dump, or that locked torrent that showed upface_melter
- I've been ordering popcorn by the tons, I think it's his dead man's switch, but at this point, noone knows fuck all!!GeorgesII
- Who died?nb
- Snowden, potentially... His twitter account posted this key, then the tweet was deleted minutes later.face_melter
- say wut?moldero
- is it the code to unlock the rest of the worlds top secret files?sea_sea
- konami code?zarkonite
- Steam free game key for Truck Simulatordetritus
- Snowden just wants to roam the highways of Europe, carefree, raping and murdering hitchhikers.detritus
- All of this unfolding will make for a killer movie 10-20 years from now. Maybe.Krassy
- mystery still looms though apparently he is okinteliboy
- #krassy, There's already a movie coming out, it's gonna have to be the sequel. It can be like the Bond or Bourne franchise. https://www.youtube.…sea_sea
- @sea_sea link is broken. Please post again?Krassy
- @sea awesome! thanks :-)Krassy
- I think the Snowden film will be good. I didn't like WTC when it came out, but I watched it again recently and it's actually a fine historical drama.nb
- the real FOUTY.sureshot
McDonald's franchisees believe the brand is in a "deep depression" and could be facing its "final days."
- I'm Lovin itutopian
- Fucking die already. Garbage company.cannonball1978
- Just fix the shitty food and save all those jobs!SlashPeckham
- There is no way in Hell McDonalds is in its final days, no matter how much we wish it was.CyBrainX
- y a s sBrokenHD
American Teen Gets 11 Year Sentence For Pro-ISIS Tweets That Taught People How To Use Bitcoin
- I'm all for freedom of speech, but helping get people to Syria and helping people fund ISIS anonymously? Fuck him.set
- I'm certainly open to another view point....set
I'm all for free speech until it's people I disagree with, so you are or aren't for free speech, what is it?GeorgesIV
- You seem to be confusing speech with action and opinion with deed. Let's discuss when you understand what you're talking about.set
- read the fuckn article set,
I'm getting really sick of your bs, you aren't for freedom of speech, read the fuckn article and come defend the 11 years he got.GeorgesIV
- Making wild assumptions as usual, haha. There's no discussing with a fool.set
- You've created a fictional persona for me in your head, and then make wild assumptions in order to fit me into your fiction and attack. It's fun to watch....set
- I know it's makes you feel superior, attacking people who you think have different opinions to you, so by all means continue because it certainly amuses me.set
- ooh stfu already, instead of always implying shit, just read the fuckn article or the attached pdf, but you rather as fuckn usual use ad hominem, you are so sadGeorgesIV
- do you ever, I mean ever discuss the subject matter or you honestly think nobody can see your mental weaknesses? you read the article and tell me how he stillGeorgesIV
- haha he's still telling me to read the article I read before I posted. Bless him.set
- deserves 11 years of jail, even the writer of the article points out the slippery slope arguments, but you are weak, so you prefer to attack, please go awayGeorgesIV
- haha, when did I say he deserved the 11 years in jail?
I told you, you're filling in blanks to fit me in to the persona you enjoy attacking.set
- and it's comedy gold. Don't pretend you want me to go away. It makes you feel superior attacking my inferior opinions, right?set
- lol, I'm for freedom of speech but this guy, should go to jail for 11 years for exercising that same freedom of speech, please set just go awayGeorgesIV
- yeah but who is really funding isis? if its true that they were funded by the US, then is he helping out? if its true.yurimon
- Georges you're still simply repeating your false assumptions and flawed bullshit. Get over yourself, lol.set
- You keep telling me to go away but keep coming back for more, HAHA. I can do this until 6pm if you want. Then let's pick it up again at 11am tomorrow.set
- I mentally downvote all your notes too yurimonset
- America, you have a very short memory. Funding and promoting terrorism is practically a national sport.Morning_star
- ^^^^ Fucking gold, all of this. I love you qbn!jaylarson
- I enjoyed that.MrBixler
- That escalated quickly.Continuity
- hahah. I had the best night. then i come here, and read this. hahah QBN. its so funny here sometimes. i love you too.rabbit
- only 11 years?docpoz
Children found shackled and malnourished in Perris home; parents arrested
The youngest child was 2. At first deputies assumed from their frail and malnourished appearance that all in the group were minors, but they later determined that seven of them were adults ages 18 to 29, the sheriff’s statement said.
- make these 2 suffer ...
- let them rot in jailBennn
- Welcome to Riverside county FUCK.HijoDMaite
- Let Jesus be your guide.monoboy
- omg can finally go outsideGuyFawkes
- ^ hahahahaRamanisky2
- make these 2 suffer ...
People Are Destroying Perfectly Good Keurig Machines for Sean Hannity
- good, waste your money idiots, less gas money for them on the next electionmoldero
- lol, those idiots think liberals are offended by the destruction of keurigs ... wtf?
truly a bunch of moronsmonospaced
- Buncha under-caffinated snowflakes.kona
- lol konamoldero
- Keurig already have their money, so I guess the joke is on these silly cunts.face_melter
- fucking tossers!utopian
- You hippies are for K-cup waste!? Lolrobotron3k
- look, a trump retard who thinks anyone's offended by keurigs being trashed, and is fabricating lies about why people are doing it ... congrats robo!monospaced
- they literally write they're doing it because of advertising on Hannity, and you STILL think they are doing it because of waste ... are you stupid or something?monospaced
- Add proprietary and disposable coffee machines to the ever-growing list of things robo is an export on.face_melter
- or expert even. FMLface_melter
- Yeah, even I, a eurofag, know of Keurig's terrible rep re: coffee, lock-in and environment, yet even I read this has nothing to do with any of that.detritus
- Republitards remind me a bit of some of the smokers on here - skimming over an input then getting histrionic about some complete misinterpretationdetritus
- I think robotardkkk ate a few too many k cups, and lead paint, and mercurykona
- Only shitty people bought them in the first place. Horrible coffee.garbage
- produced way too much plastic anyway. good riddance. seems like this blind fire actually did some good.pango
- only liberals buys keuig? then how did so many republicans smash their keuig if they didn't buy any?!?! LOLpango
- I have a keurig, and I love it :)monospaced
- You libertard hippies!pango
Screenwriter close to Weinstein calls out Hollywood: 'Everybody f**king knew'
So, uh, yeah.
We need to talk about Harvey.
I was there, for a big part of it.
From, what, 1994 to the early 2000s?
Something like that.
Certainly The Golden Age.
The “PULP FICTION”, “SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE”, “CLERKS”, “SWINGERS”, “SCREAM”, “GOOD WILL HUNTING”, “ENGLISH PATIENT”, “LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL” years...
Harvey and Bob made my first two movies.
Then they signed me to an overall deal.
Then they bought that horror script of mine about the Ten Plagues.
For a lot of money.
Also bought that werewolf-biker script.
That no one else liked but was my personal favorite.
They were going to publish my novel.
They anointed me.
Made it so other studios thought I was the real deal.
They gave me my career.
I was barely 30.
I was sure I had struck gold.
They loved me, these two brothers, who had reinvented cinema.
And who were fun and tough and didn’t give an East Coast fuck about all the slick pricks out in L.A.
And those glory days in Tribeca?
The old cramped offices?
That wonderful gang of executives and assistants?
All the filmmakers who were doing repeat business?
The brothers wanted to create a “family of film”.
And they did just that...
We looked forward to having meetings there.
Meetings that would turn into plans that would turn into raucous nights out on the town.
Simply put: OG Miramax was a blast.
So, yeah, I was there.
And let me tell you one thing.
Let’s be perfectly clear about one thing:
Not that he was raping.
No, that we never heard.
But we were aware of a certain pattern of overly-aggressive behavior that was rather dreadful.
We knew about the man’s hunger; his fervor; his appetite.
There was nothing secret about this voracious rapacity; like a gluttonous ogre out of the Brothers Grimm.
All couched in vague promises of potential movie roles.
(and, it should be noted: there were many who actually succumbed to his bulky charms. Willingly. Which surely must have only impelled him to cast his fetid net even wider).
But like I said: everybody-fucking-knew.
And to me, if Harvey’s behavior is the most reprehensible thing one can imagine, a not-so-distant second is the current flood of sanctimonious denial and condemnation that now crashes upon these shores of rectitude in gloppy tides of bullshit righteousness.
And do you know how I am sure this is true?
Because I was there.
And I saw you.
And I talked about it with you.
You, the big producers; you, the big directors; you, the big agents; you, the big financiers.
And you, the big rival studio chiefs; you, the big actors; you, the big actresses; you, the big models.
You, the big journalists; you, the big screenwriters; you, the big rock stars; you, the big restaurateurs; you, the big politicians.
I saw you.
All of you.
God help me, I was there with you.
Again, maybe we didn’t know the degree.
The magnitude of the awfulness.
Not the rapes.
Not the shoving against the wall.
Not the potted-plant fucking.
But we knew something.
We knew something was bubbling under.
And this is as pathetic as it is true:
What would you have had us do?
Who were we to tell?
Harvey owned the press.
There was no Internet or reasonable facsimile thereof.
Should we have called the police?
And said what?
Should we have reached out to some fantasy Attorney General Of Movieland?
That didn't exist.
Not to mention, most of the victims chose not to speak out.
Aside from sharing the grimy details with a close girlfriend or confidante.
And if they discussed it with their representatives?
Agents and managers, who themselves feared The Wrath Of The Big Man?
The agents and managers would tell them to keep it to themselves.
Because who knew the repercussions?
That old saw “You’ll Never Work In This Town Again” came crawling back to putrid life like a re-animated cadaver in a late-night zombie flick.
But, yes, everyone knew someone who had been on the receiving end of lewd advances by him.
Or knew someone who knew someone.
A few actress friends of mine told me stories: of a ghastly hotel meeting; of a repugnant bathrobe-shucking; of a loathsome massage request.
And although they were rattled, they sort of laughed at his arrogance; how he had the temerity to think that simply the sight of his naked, doughy, carbuncled flesh was going to get them in the mood.
So I just believed it to be a grotesque display of power; a dude misreading the room and making a lame-if-vile pass.
It was much easier to believe that.
It was much easier for ALL of us to believe that.
And here’s where the slither meets the slime:
Harvey was showing us the best of times.
He was making our movies.
Throwing the biggest parties.
Taking us to The Golden Globes!
Introducing us to the most amazing people (Meetings with Vice President Gore! Clubbing with Quentin and Uma! Drinks with Salman Rushdie and Ralph Fiennes! Dinners with Mick Jagger and Warren-freaking-Beatty!).
The most epic Oscar weekends.
That seemed to last for weeks!
Sundance! Cannes! Toronto!
Telluride! Berlin! Venice!
Private jets! Stretch limousines! Springsteen shows!
Hell, Harvey once took me to St. Barth’s for Christmas.
For 12 days!
I was a broke-ass kid from Boston who had never even HEARD of St. Barth’s before he booked my travel.
He once got me tickets to the seven hottest Broadway shows in one week. So I could take a new girlfriend on a dazzling tour of theater.
He got me seats on the 40-yard-line to the Super Bowl, when the Patriots were playing the Packers in New Orleans.
Even got me a hotel room, which was impossible to get that weekend.
He gave and gave and gave and gave.
He had a monarch’s volcanic generosity when it came to those within his circle.
And a Mafia don’s fervent need for abject loyalty from his capos and soldiers.
But never mind us!
What about what he was doing for the culture?
Making stunningly splendid films at a time when everyone else was cranking-out simpering "INDEPENDENCE DAY" rip-offs.
It was glorious.
All of it.
So what if he was coming on a little strong to some young models who had moved mountains to get into one of his parties?
So what if he was exposing himself, in five-star hotel rooms, like a cartoon flasher out of “MAD MAGAZINE” (just swap robe for raincoat!)
Who were we to call foul?
Golden Geese don't come along too often in one's life.
Which goes back to my original point:
But everybody was just having too good a time.
And doing remarkable work; making remarkable movies.
As the old joke goes:
We needed the eggs.
Okay, maybe we didn’t NEED them.
But we really, really, really, really LIKED them eggs.
So we were willing to overlook what the Golden Goose was up to, in the murky shadows behind the barn...
And for that, I am eternally sorry.
To all of the women that had to suffer this...
I am eternally sorry.
I’ve worked with Mira and Rosanna and Lysette.
I’ve known Rose and Ashley and Claire for years...
Their courage only hangs a lantern on my shame.
And I am eternally sorry to all those who suffered in silence all this time.
And have chosen to remain silent today.
I mostly lost touch with the brothers by the early 2000s.
For no specific reason.
Just that there were other jobs, other studios.
But a few months ago, Harvey called me, out of the blue.
To talk about the bygone days.
To talk about how great it would be to get some of the gang back together.
Make a movie.
He must have known then the noose was tightening.
There was a wistfulness to him that I had never heard before.
It most assuredly had a walking-to-the-gallows feel.
When we hung up I wondered: “what was that all about?”
In a few short weeks I would know.
It was the condemned man simply wanting to comb some of the ruins of his old stomping grounds.
One last time.
So, yeah, I am sorry.
Sorry and ashamed.
Because, in the end, I was complicit.
I didn’t say shit.
I didn’t do shit.
Harvey was nothing but wonderful to me.
So I reaped the rewards and I kept my mouth shut.
And for that, once again, I am sorry.
But you should be sorry, too.
With all these victims speaking up...
To tell their tales.
Shouldn’t those who witnessed it from the sidelines do the same?
Instead of retreating to the cowardly, canopied confines of faux-outrage?
Doesn’t being a bystander bring with it the responsibility of telling the truth, however personally disgraceful it may be?
You know who are.
You know that you knew.
And do you know how I know that you knew?
Because I was there with you.
And because everybody-fucking-knew.
- Sup words guy?teh
- damn well writtenGnash
- Two movies then an overall deal? Ghostbusters?MrT
- I'm guessing this was Tarantino... has his spaztik back and forth whiny ranting style... plus he talks about horror flicks and mentions HIS movie first... ?PonyBoy
- CliffsNotes® if you're short on time:
"I was a Coward and didn't speak up."
—Coward close to Weinstein who can't even give their name nowPonyBoy
- Incredible well writtenmugwart
- (@ pony, it was Scott Rosenberg. it's in the link)Gnash
- oh :)PonyBoy
- Warranted or not, Hollywood and the media are absolutely loving the drama.inteliboy
- A little verbose.detritus
- this is one of those things you scrawl late at night, then save, and edit the shit out of in the clarity of morning.detritus
- Looks like he just wanted to brag about all the shit he's done TBH.Hayzilla
Why dem dey call Hurricane human being name
Di biggest storm wey United States of America never see for 13 years don land for Texas.
Dis Hurricane Harvey don scatter plenty houses and tori say e even don kill five people.
Hurricane Matthew wey bin happen for 2016 kill plenty people and scatter house join wen e happen.
Harvey and Mattew na human being name, so how hurricane dey take get dia name sef? In short, why dem dey give hurricane name at all?
- you okay sarah?capn_ron
- how is babby formed?Gnash
- lollll guys, it's the new bbc pidgin. west african english dialect news.sarahfailin
- article drenched in 'cismfuturefood
- It's an official site... and "language"robthelad
- It takes the name of its first victim.pango
- haha, fuck that's funny.
"Indian woman divorce husband because dem no get toilet"detritus
- "but na for inside bush she dey poopoo"imbecile
- pidgin minute https://www.bbc.com/…imbecile