Mouse For Ergonomics
- Last post
- 9 Responses
What is everyone using for a mouse these days? I've been using a damn apple mouse for my entire life and my hand is now starting to pay the price. Looking for something ergonomic and compatible with a mac for design work
Go gaming mouse. They're often not pretty, but they're designed to be ab/used and can have additional button configurations that you could put to use in your workflow, should you wish.
I've been using a mouse from Razer for at least 16 years now.
Also, get a good mousepad. I was at a gamer friend's house recently and was amazed by how utterly smooth his new Razer mouse and pad combo was. I just use my table these days :\
I also have a Logitech MX 3, which I absolutely HATE. The MS mouse is smooth, works really well, looks a billion times better. Highly recommended (I chose black).
- But MS just copied the MX shape in this instance.monospaced
- Why do you hate the MX 3? Looks so similar to the one you likeletterhead
- The ergonomics are night and day. I don't care what it "looks" like, I care about how it feels. I use all the buttons, all day.formed
- Saying it 'copied' is like saying Lamborghini copied Ferrari. Or Canon copies Nikon. Sure, they 'look' similar, but totally different experiences.formed
- If argue that a Nikon and canon have a similar experience down to ergonomics even. These mice aren’t night and day difference, lol.monospaced
- Expensive but great quality and ergonomicsFax_Benson
- This is what I was leaning towardsletterhead
I switched to pen tablets many years ago because of ergonomics and it had a huge positive effect for me. no more carpal tunnel syndrome since then. wacom intous.
- I felt the same until my index finger started to hurt from clicking the Wacom.shapesalad
- My wife has one. It’s absolute garbage. It bends and now it is broke.monospaced
- It came with the Surface her work got for her. Cool idea but who needs a mouse that bends flat and can fail so easily?monospaced
Pro tip: buy a bunch of different mice. Different sizes. Alternate between them if not during the work day, then each day.
Because having your hand in the same position all day each day, no matter how ergonomic the mouse is, will start to cause some joint pain. You need variety. You’re hand didn’t evolve to be in the same exact position all day every day.
I’ve got 4 mice I switch between every couple hours. One is very small and is surprisingly comfy after using a vertical mouse.
- You're insane.Nairn
- No, just an old man in this game suffering the pain and delaying the inevitable arthritis...shapesalad
- Same with sitting positions. You could even extend this thought to aquire different chairsdrgs
I still say BODY MOUSE