- Last post
- 22 Responses
it's cool, but that company is dead already
This makes me want to quit the internet and graphic design.
Yay, a font.
I work for Yahoo Finance. I've been meaning to bring in the short branding guide they gave us. The names of the three shades of purple are Malbec, Grape Jelly and Hulk Pants.
Groundbreaking. Just waiting for the 5000 word justification and explanation behind this.
I was really hoping after i read, "we're also rolling out with..." it said "FFFFOUND! account invites."
It's a Pentagram creation....go figure!
- Yahoo obviously hasn't been around as long as the YMCA, but FWIW they have been using the abbreviated "Y!" logo since their start.MondoMorphic
- Man, that YMCA lockup is a bit of a travesty isn't it?ben_
- they had a purple Y! in 1997monospaced
- yes, Yahoo had the Y! but it never really worked. It never stuck.Krassy
- Thanks for the explanation.monospaced
- anY! timeKrassy
- y!o MTV Rapsdbloc
The exclamation sign looks a bit off, but beyond that, is like any other internet brand out there.
For an industry so obsessed with being revolutionary and disruptive, their brands have become surprisingly conservative and predictable.
At least is way better than the joke their previous logo was.
It's definitely better than what they had, so +1 for that.