- Last post
- 59 Responses
What are your best pop music albums? Tracks?
I dont talk about it out loud because I'm kind of ashame to admit it, but I started to listen to some pop music since a few years, and I enjoy it. Maybe the cheezy simplistic lyrics dont have the same effect on me since those songs are in english and I speak french, so I dont really listen to every words like you, english speaking people. Anyways, any QBNers into some pop music?
I like Carly Rae Jepson, Marina, Charli XCX, Lorde, MØ and other...
Post your tracks and albums below
He's my number. So call me maybe?
555 - BENNN
here goes ...
Sia is my favorite, she has an amazing voice
- Lady Gaga's ugly step sister.utopian
- She rocks.monospaced
- her best vocals: https://www.youtube.…Krassy
- Saw her live a few years ago. So good.sea_sea
- i miss her the last time she came in my city. and she doesnt seems to make a lot of showsBennn
Robyn is good too, her last album is really nice
dont want to turn this thread into a Sia thread, but that piano version of Elastic Heart is beautiful
I'm sorry but all this music sounds dramatic and pathetic, but even more so it sounds very formulaic. I don't get the appeal from a musical standpoint, but what I don't get even more is why when people are presented with an array of songs like this - which are all clearly copies of each other in tone, why anybody would still decide to get into this endlessly repeated vibe, moreover since it's really fucking depressing, if not for the music than certainly for the lyrics. What is this ? doom pop ?
- I like all sorts of different music, really. Pop is just one of them, I chose them carefully, there's a lot of crap in there, as in every other music style.Bennn
- It's not your thing. It's your right.Bennn
- I don’t understand why people on here take the time to shit on what makes others happy. It’s baffling.Ramanisky2
- +1 RamaniskyBennn
That fucking Alessia Cara shit, just blatantly sampling one of Portishead's greatest tracks and just throwing her contemporary fucking nagging whining over it. That's just rape. And still that's probably the best track posted here, just because it has the awesome Portishead instrumentals underneath. All this shit is FUCKED
- Robyn, Sia and Carly Rae Jepsen all compose their own songs and are def talented. If you listen closely its as artistically valueable than any other genre.Bennn
- The lyrics are often (not always) very empty in pop tho. But that doesnt affect me much since english is not my first languge.Bennn
- Yeah but that’s not a Portishead original track ... the original is Isaac Hayes. https://m.youtube.co…Ramanisky2
- ok Rama, but they def used the Portishead edit (which is simply ten times doper) just to baffle youngsters with the beat before they find out it already existssrhadden
- can you imagine trying to manifest yourself as an artist, and just take Portishead's beat and add some shitty vocals over it?srhadden
- And then a label would think "oh that's a really fresh take on a classic beat, let me invest some money to make a nice video for this and promote it"srhadden
- No, that's not how it goes. The record company just owns the beat, finds some hungry teenager to declare some bullshit over a beat she probs never heard beforesrhadden
- they give her the lyrics and the depressed contemporary melody, she gets paid zilch, and the record company owns all the new rights over this "new song"srhadden
- and that's how all this shit is made. sometimes they use an old beat, sometimes a new one. but they always stick to the formula that works at the moment.srhadden
- right now clearly this formula contains "whiny depressed complainy vibes". they find some shill and let him or her whine for peanuts in exchange for "fame"srhadden
- and that's all perfectly well and good and legal actuallysrhadden
- I guess I just don't like whiny complainy vibes in my musicsrhadden
- And I just don't understand why this shit actually gets popularsrhadden
- END OF INTERVIEWsrhadden
- I clicked the vid expecting to be outraged, but she's just sampled a bit and gone her own route? Seems fairly harmless...Nairn
- ...and I'm someone who still has Portishead - on CD no less - on weekly rotation :)Nairn