- Last post
- 36 Responses
- 10 or 13_niko
- 10, but only use the M - as the whole logorobotron3k
- they all look a bit 90's rave flyery_niko
- 2 or 4. 3 if you could simplify it enough to be legible.CyBrainX
- 90s rave flyery was my first job. I felt a little nostalgic looking at these.CyBrainX
- This probably caters to people who went to raves in the 90smonospaced
- Yeah that was me.Noggin
- What´s it for? I like the M in number 17 - Probably don,t even need the rest of the word .)lessfloor
- dat backgroundBennn
- am I the only one who doesn't like any of these? :-(
I want to be supportive, but I also want to be honestchukkaphob
- 2 or 13, but I like 13 moreBuddhaHat
- out of those options, #3. What's it for?dbloc
- I meant 13 not 3dbloc
just running through it without thinking too hard about it
1 dope but seems rather militant for house/beach house
3 unreadable, no
4 make it read less like minage, then sure
5 looks messy, no
6 looks like miraga
7 same. would separate the r and a and make the final e look less like an a
8 trippy and cool but would play with the kerning
9 dope, wondering if the bottom part of the i could be solved better
12 something cool about this but i'm not sold
13 might be my fave, might play with it a lil more
14 make the R and A look more different and we'll talk
15 there seems to be a black hairline in this and the next one that i'm not sold on
why don't you mock up a few on some flyers or signage and whatnot see how they feel in real-world situations?
- top one is coolscarabin
- what's the name of it?scarabin
- Fragment: http://handmadefont.…Noggin
- The M is fantasticNoggin
- top one is a winnerKrassy
- agreed about the MKrassy
- The middle 'Hommage a escher' is the best one.fruitsalad
- yep, top one.maquito
- top onedmay
- Maybe they're both not great. Bottom one is awful as an identity for sure. Top is too much. Maybe the 'M' as an icon with standard font for the name.robthelad
- top oneformed
- Meh, I don't like either for a nightclub. Keep it simple IMO.fyoucher1
- yup 1moldero
- 1, but you have to make the R & G better - they let the side down.hans_glib
- ^ agreeKrassy
- top one, and you don't even have to buy the font, very easy to recreate.utopian
I can't see any underlying rationale here.
What is it that binds all of these options you've shown here? The fact they're free fonts?
- quick, dirty, in a bind, no budget_niko
- it's just for "club night" at a venue, not an actual "night club."monospaced
- Have to agree. And I would avoid anything 90's club related. Just because it's a house club doesn't mean you have to use 90's style fonts... in fact I wouldfadein11
- steer clear of anything clubby and create something unique - classic typography would work just as well used in the right way. i.e. futura caps on top offadein11
- a geometric pattern or nice background.fadein11
- or something. These free fonts are not doing it for me.fadein11
- I get that, mono, i still can't see any rationale though. Fadein - agree: Go simple and support, not start off with gimmick fontdetritus
- just because its a quick job doesn't mean it has to be done badly - also will be way more enjoyable/easier promoting the night with a nice visual identity.fadein11
- i agree, i was just playin' aroundmonospaced
- Yeah if it was a new club then this would be a different thread altogether.Noggin
Whats that font on 13 called?
WHAT IS THE LOGO FOR?
10 has best presence and legibility
give this is a club in the states.... avoid number 7....
otherwise my votes are for 2 and 13
13 is amazing
9 .. the rest are awful
There's no rationale behind this logo its just lots of different font variations.
"MIRAGE: an image of a distant object or sheet of water, often inverted or distorted, caused by atmospheric refraction by hot air."
I'd use the 'm' from No.13 as it suggests something that isn't there.
The curves look like little serifs and remind me of the little serif bits that were on symbols The Shamen used on their releases.
Take the 'm' from number 13 and just use the word mirage under it in a nice legible (classic) font.
Having a really recognisable brand symbol like the 'm' will be a lot of fun to use on flyers, posters, projections etc rather than just a word logo/brand.
- < Good directionBaskerviIle
- Solid advice here.TOMMYxGUNN
- We have too many opionated cooks in our kitchen but point taken, we have to also avoid looking like another club here.Noggin
- ... on the subject about kitchens though - I think a lot of the logos in OP look like an indian takeaway/restaurantmicrokorg
- < Very much this.TOMMYxGUNN
- < wonder if it could be a mirage, an M and also something club/dance/decks related. I'm seeing this shape to the left as a cartridge ...microkorg
- makes me think of a circuitboard connector http://photoshipone.…BuddhaHat
- love thesedbloc
- Anyone know what this style is called? Eye Fuck?dbloc
- optical illusionscarabin
- ^ yesdbloc
- very niceutopian
- I see it and it's real.i_was
needs a palm tree in there too.