- Last post
- 16 Responses
Just about every hosting company under the sun supports Wordpress, they are all basically the same except for the pricing.
- That's not what I am finding. I am on MT's WP hosting now and running into problems.formed
- MT definitely need to come up with some new excuses, I get the same one every time I speak to them.Ranger
- What kind of issues do you get? I use MT's dv server and it works pretty well.vwsung18t
- I have Bluehost, no problems for 2 plus years, $4 per month, unlimited everything.utopian
- ^ That would be shared hosting. Depends what your needs are...portfolio site vs. business etc.yuekit
- MT DV has always been fine for me with WP, etc. You just can't have high expectations from cheaper plans.evilpeacock
Digital Ocean + Serverpilot.io. Cheap, and crazy fast.
Cloudways, you get the benefit of digital ocean or google with managed support. And cheap.
We use Rackspace Cloud Hosting and they are great. Awesome support, very fast and reliable.
Funny that no one is recommending MT.
One of my agency clients got their MT account hacked recently. I have no love for them anymore.
Anyone worked with enterprise WP hosting? Considering using the WP Engine enterprise service but wondering how it stacks up to competition like Pantheon etc.
(mt) is really shitty these days. We are looking for an alternative as well.
We're looking for fast hosting for clients. Not necessarily the cheapest.
If you're willing to pay, Kinsta is great. Cheapest is $100 month but worth it.
- Their enterprise plans look great on paper but then https://wpengine.com… Kind of seems like wpengine has things locked down.Mattjanz3n
- development is painful on wpengine.sted
- are things really worth that price? So much more....but if it makes a big difference, what's another grand!formed
I left MT a while back. I switched everything to a Digital Ocean server, running Serverpilot.io.
- Way faster than MT. I have an agency that I work for, and I'll build on my server, then launch on their MT server. The performance hit is noticeable and significant.
- Not quite as user-friendly.
- You're on your own a bit more than MT.
- No email
- What's the main advantage of serverpilot?reanimate
- Serverpilot is going to handle installing all your software on Digital Ocean. PHP, Apache, MySQL, Ngnix, etc.noneck
- Then you do all your admin through serverpilot (adding sites, etc).noneck
- I never got why people fall into these traps. We use cPanel and Plesk for years and i can just laugh on these magical "server tools" and "control panels".sted
- You use cPanel and Plesk, and "laugh on these magical...control panels"? WTF do you think cPanel and Plesk are?noneck
- Also, having used cPanel and Plesk, I can say that they're both horseshit.noneck
- eh? how come?
cPanel is.. well, it just works.detritus
- noneck ok. I was talking about the custom control panels. exactly why are they horseshit?sted
- honestly I think cpanel and plesk are very user friendlydbloc
- is there any better alternative? plesk onyx is really smart and i know from experience that ppl used to fuck it up at the setup by choosing the wrong interface.sted
Anyone using SiteGround?
I've heard good things and am about to move over (from MT)
- please don'tsted
- please don't...?formed
- we had some serious performance problems, and their answer was that we should switch to larger packages.sted
- and we had the 100k visitor package...
support was some next level asshole, after some time they just simply ignored the tickets.sted
- when we decided to move the sites they fucked up the EPP codes. it took two weeks to move 3 domains because of thissted
- And they told us that it was the fault of the new hosting companysted
- ugh. This is why I've stayed with MT for so long - problems but they always put effort into resolving the issues.formed
- are you using 1&1 now? Haven't dealt w them in years, but they always seemed like a GoDaddyformed
- cloudways and 1and1, 1and1 improved quite seriously in the recent years. they aren't godaddy, just make sure you pay your bills.sted
- good to know, thanksformed
- I use siteground and have 3 WP sites at the moment. Could not be happier. No issues and support has been so quick. Have used Godaddy, MT, hostgator and have...VectorMasked
- been disappointed. A colleague of mine and client made the switch to siteground as well and they have not had any issues in 6 months.VectorMasked
- good to know that, too, thanks for sharingformed