- Last post
- 103 Responses
Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
- haha bestprophetone
- I remember telling my 4th grade teacher about this scene, she was busting up. She was old, no idea what aliens was all about. She died two years after that.sofakingback
- great story bro.zenmasterfoo
- I realize I was just talking to myself right there, I tend to trail of sometimes.sofakingback
- No worries. They'll probably put "trailed off sometimes" on my tombstone.CyBrainX
I thought they were going to pick up after prometheus expedition but this is set 10 years after on a different planet and not the "home world".
I was hoping we'd land on the home world
Jeeesh, this all sounds like a fucking mess (reading about the new movie, I mean). Prometheus was bad. They should just kill it completely and think about making more Alien movies that dont try and rescue any of the crap they introduced in Prometheus... or better still accept that as a franchise Alien has delivered all it can and it's come up with some new ideas to explore in film format.
I don't see the point in trying to rescue Prometheus by moving away from it and pretending stuff didn't happen, but carrying on with some of it to try and forge a link. Just accept it was a turkey and stop trying to pull giblets from its carcass.
I liked prometheus!
Prometheus wasnt terrible, but it wasnt great either. Some of the acting and script were awful. Typical characters... the nerdy guy, the douchebag guy... knew they were going to die. Very important scenes where they were examining the alien head that they brought back to the ship, and you have a main character off on the background sitting on a table drinking wine like nothing was going on. Awful directing.
But the visuals and overall design were great.
I don't get all the hate for Prometheus, everyone I talk to says how bad they thought it was. I really liked it, wished it was a bit longer as it felt a bit rushed in places. Oh and not sure why Guy Pearce was cast as an old man when there was no reason to use a young guy. But other than that I really like it. I'm coming from liking the first few Alien films a lot and the space/sci-fi genre so maybe I'm a sucker for this stuff.
- Because it was following up Aliens, which Scott directed, which was FAR more creepy and scary. This was just... kinda there. No tension or anything in it.CygnusZero4
- Sorry *Alien. James Cameron did Aliens.CygnusZero4
- Well, also it was full of horrible mistakes, profound seeming mcguffins and dead ends, and made absolutely no sense at all.Muncher
- It was like a film conceived and written whilst hoovering cocaine.Muncher
- Yeah true, it wasn't a suspense film at all. I still like watching it whenever it's on, even though there are a load of cringe parts - 'We were so wrong'.Ranger
- I liked sunshine too and people always slate that one as well.Ranger
- My favourite bit was the bit with the thing on that bitset
- Geology guy throws two mapping robots, later forgets he has a map and gets lost. Stays the night and dies... hmmmNutter
yessss bring it on
- how much do you want to bet that he'll die in it? ridley scott is awful at making horribly predictable stereotypes.CygnusZero4
- i knew who was dying in prometheus 15 mins into that borefest movie. the nerdy guy and the douchcanoe with tatts. try harder next time ridley.CygnusZero4
- i can smell death on him. he's probably the cowardly betrayer who dies the most horrible way, trapped by his own devices.sarahfailin
- He's the alien.ETM
- all of you... every single one of you was completely wrong hahaMiguex
As much as I hate to admit it, Spooky might be right...
- expectations = very low.sarahfailin
- yup, I'm happy if it outdoes Prometheus, couldn't stand the big white guys and the 3D HUDs and starchartsWeyland
- Someone who's worked with him said he's always changing stuff and coming up with stuff whilst shooting - manically so - for better or worse.inteliboy
- It stays.sofakingback
- would be a shame if the poster was better than the moviePonyBoy
- oh no, that never happens. we're safe.sofakingback
- I watched alien very recently and was much appreciated this text transition during the intro. never thought about representing it this way - nice work.detritus
I liked prometheus... but maybe it was the idea, the concept of the story that I liked. It does a great job of feeding that need to know where those fuckers came from. I guess it wasn't a great movie, as far as movies go.
Its that situation where, you love the story and idea, but the movie just doesn't cut it... so you try to find any good in it.
Kinda like Star Wars 1,2,3
- There's a great film in there somewhere. I'm hoping for a decent Director's Cut - Scott seems to use them to fix what went sideways with the theatrical release.face_melter
- Can't compare it to Star Wars. SW was ground breaking and a great story, Pr was interesting story and a very bad movie.formed
- 1,2,3 were not ground breaking. Each time they come on i'm squinting at the TV straining my brain to find good in there.inteliboy
- I think, he thinks I meant the original star wars. 1, 2, 3, were about as ground breaking as a selfie stick. Terrible comparison, I know.sofakingback
Me too, I liked the idea of Prometheus - an alien life form started us and now realises the error of their ways so needs to come and wipe us out. If only it was less Hollywood and more - maybe - Korean or something!
Alien worked so well because it feels alien. Nothing is explained. Their Giger species and that space ship was fucked up and like nothing before... full of mystery. Even in Cameron's Aliens shit was going down... and why? There is no why, it's some fucked up Alien species and we're fucked!
Even though the engineers in Prometheus also were fascinating - I hope Ridley doesn't start explaining all this shit away. Boring!
- Maybe this is why a lot of ridley scott films recently are just average. He's losing the art of viewer imaginationIanbolton
- i loved how like 30% thru Aliens the characters make the RIGHT decision to evacuate and nuke the colony from space, but still don't manage to escapesarahfailin
- characters rarely try to do the thing that I would do in their same situationsarahfailin
- Aliens would be pretty short if they got out of there and nuked it from space 30% through. Also prolly not as good.refunktion
- Aliens pretty much explains everything though. Burke Carter J initiated the whole thing.i_monk
- haha refunktiondetritus
- IT WAS BURKE?!! He's dogmeat pal!prophetone
- I never liked Paul Reiser after Aliens.refunktion
- I never liked Paul Reiser after My Two DadsWolfboy